Glasgow Travel Answers

change location
lillibets's Profile Photo

metropolitan gay church in cessnock

by lillibets Online Now May 27, 2011 at 10:38 AM

what is best way to travel to the mccchurch on sunday mornings from the exhibition centre hotels. can one walk it

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: metropolitan gay church in cessnock

by leics Online Now May 27, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I have no personal knowledge of the area but, whilst you are awaiting replies form Glaswegian VT-ers, googlemaps suggests a walk of at least 1.3 miles (30+ minutes) from the exhibition centre area to Clifford Street where the church is sited.

Perhaps best to use a taxi or a bus? The church website states that any bus going down Paisley Road West will do:

mccinglasgow.moonfruit.com/#...

You could try using the journeyplanner here:

sjp.firstgroup.com/journeypl...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now May 27, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Assuming by 'exhibition centre hotels' you mean the SECC, yes you can walk it. Would take about 20 minutes or so, perhaps a bit longer as you wouldn't be familiar with the area. I can give you a rough idea of your route but you would be better to look it up on google.

From the hotel, ask them to point you onto Finneston Road. Then follow this down towards the river Clyde to the Squinty Bridge. Cross over the Squinty Bridge onto Govan Road. Follow Govan Road along, with the river on your right, and at the first street on the left after it has gone round the bend (sorry, the road bends left in a big bend), turn left. Follow this road down to Clifford Road, which is where the church is. You can ask for Ibrox Parish Church.

If it is a nice day, it can be a nice walk. It is all a bit of a wasteland and on a not-so nice day, it would be an unpleasant walk.

You can also take the underground to either Cessnock or Ibrox stops and it is a short walk from there.

Personally, my advice, as you are not familiar with the area, is take a taxi.

• IanMacPhail's Profile Photo

by IanMacPhail Online Now May 29, 2011 at 3:47 AM

I`m probably too late to help.:-(
    Walk across the bridge and head for Paisley Road West. You then have the choice to walk along PRW or get a bus. I think you get off at the Bellahouston hotel and it`s right there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines