Glacier National Park Travel Answers

change location

Should we tow a car? Can we rent a car?

by ptpatti Online Now May 23, 2011 at 8:20 PM

My husband and are are taking a three week trip from Michigan to Glacier National Park in a 28 ft motorhome beginning June 18, 2011. Yes, we're softies due to our ages of 61 and 66 and an illness that left me with some disabilities. Our tenting and hiking days are behind us.
We traveled 6000 miles last year and saw Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Grand Teton and Yellowstone Parks and managed without a tow vehicle. We both feel the tug to return to Montana this summer to visit Glacier National Park and have questions for the forum.
1. We don't like to be tied to reservations. Can we find campgrounds in or near the park to accommodate a 28ft motorhome without prior reservations if we arrive before noon?
2. Can we travel thru the park in a motorhome? We will start at the east entrance.
3. Do we need a tow vehicle or rental car to enjoy the sights? What towns have rental cars?
4. Does the red bus allow time for short, short trails around Logan Pass?
5. We both want to take a raft trip (not just the float). I think if the trip is family friendly and allows 8 year olds I should be able to take a short trip. Am I correct?
I would appreciate answers to any of my questions. I have enjoyed reading other's questions and subsequent answers and have made notes already. Any suggestions for sight seeing camera enthusiasts would be helpful.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines