Glacier National Park Travel Answers

change location

Honeymoon Accomidations

by MarkEman Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 8:33 PM

My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Glacier and Waterton this July. Are their any reccomendations you have for romantic cabins or suites? We may spend 1 night at the Sperry Challet but other than that we're looking for quiet and romantic. Any ideas?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Re: Honeymoon Accomidations

by mrclay2000 Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 8:48 PM

Can't help on romantic cabins or suites. Many of the park's hotels are throwbacks to the railroad days (1910s). The commonly accepted "hotbed" of wildlife activity in the park is Many Glacier on the east side. The hotel itself is a massive complex though I can't speak for the inside. It has a great location and gives you the chance to "rough it" with short walks from its hub into wilderness areas where Bighorn and grizzly are possible.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • madamx's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Honeymoon Accomidations

by madamx Online Now Apr 28, 2004 at 4:43 PM

The Prince of Wales hotel in Waterton is quite romantic, but be forewarned there is no air-conditioning or tv if that is important to you. The most expensive of the bunch. We stayed at the Glacier Suites (watertonsuites.com/pages/loc... and found the rates reasonable and the rooms very nice. You can also try the Kilmorey Lodge (watertoninfo.ab.ca/kilmorey.... well, which is a quaint inn, more on the romantic side. The Waterton townsite on the whole is quite quiet. Oh, also try the Waterton Lakes Lodge; (watertonlakeslodge.com/home.... Nice hotel complex, and I think the only place in Waterton that has a pool. Wishing you a wonderful honeymoon!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines