Glacier National Park Travel Answers

change location

Glacier Natl. Park in August

by svelish Online Now Apr 16, 2004 at 5:19 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Glacier August 7 - August 20. We will be on his Goldwing. Is this a good time and what would the best route to take from South Central Minnesota? Will we be able to camp all along the way? Which campground near Gacier would be the best one to make our camp in for the 7 days that we are there?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • moaksan's Profile Photo

Re: Glacier Natl. Park in August

by moaksan Online Now Apr 18, 2004 at 12:42 AM

howdy. perfect time of year to be in the park. i'd go north through minnesota and get on 2 and take it all the way to the east entrance of the park. it's an awesome road with amazing views of the plains that allow you to see the rocky mts hours and hours before you get there. then if ya want when ya head home go south along the eastern front and zoom home on the bigger highway or stick to the smaller roads. there are nice campgrounds in the park on the east side as well as some out of the park. enjoy your trip. patrick

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Glacier Natl. Park in August

by omega339 Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 9:28 PM

If you have time, go up to US 2. If you need to budget time, hookup with I-94 before Montana and take Hwy. 200 across Montana to Great Falls, head north on I-15 to Hwy 2 West and follow the road until you see signs for the park. Not sure about camping outside park, but St. Mary inside the park was adequate.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines