Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Electronics

Soldotna Mar 23, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Is there any electronics stores close by?

more
    • scootmobile harbours alaska cruise

Seward Mar 22, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Dear people.

I want to make a cruise trip from Vancouver to Seward..

Our problem is , can we use scootmobile in the harbours and the towns  we passing.

Most of the times we are on board.

If possible a as most detailt answer please.

with kindly regards Theo Salden

more
    • Non touristy activities

Alaska Mar 10, 2015 at 9:11 PM

My husband and I, along with our 9 month old will be cruising to Alaska in May. My husband doesn't like to do touristy stuff so I am looking for some input on non touristy activities to do in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. The activity needs to be short enough to fit with the cruising schedule. Also any ideas for Seward or Talkeetna would be awesome too. Thanks

more
    • From North Carolina to Alaska

Alaska Mar 24, 2015 at 6:31 AM

My fiance', cat, dog, and myself are pulling my travel trailer through Canada to Alaska. I know gas prices are high up north but what would be the cheapest route through Canada to get to Alaska? Most scenic route? Also i have my carry permit in NC and it's reciprocal in AK but how do i get my pistol and rifle up there? Thanks! Any help and\or advice would be VERY helpful!

more
    • Train near town?

Talkeetna Mar 23, 2015 at 9:03 PM

We're trying to plan a short trip from Anchorage to either Talkeetna or Denali with our 6 year old granddaughter in July. If we take the train, are there taxis to get to town, lodging, restaurants, etc.? Any ideas on which place would be more interesting for a child? Also, is the higher priced Goldstar train car worth the extra cost? Not sure what the Adventure class is like. Would it be better to rent a car? We would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

more
    • Just a few questions

Alaska Mar 15, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I will be traveling to ALASKA by vehicle in May till August/September from the lower 48/49.

1. Is it worth the hassle getting gun permits to travel through Canada?

I have always had firearms and don't travel very much. I know the basics about bears and moose and have no intentions of a bad encounter and would never want to shoot one. I will be traveling with a camper and know the food rules, making noise while hiking, etc. I'm not really sold on bear spray or bear bangers though, do they really work? I plan on camping in remote spots, I know most of ALASKA is remote.

2. I will be traveling alone and feel much more secure carrying a firearm for personal protection in case I am in a bad situation, mainly with humans.

Am I being overly paranoid?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Glacier Bay vs. Kenai fjords National Park

by njdchelsea Online Now Mar 23, 2004 at 4:41 PM

My husband and I are going on a 1st time trip - we are taking a major marine tour of Kenai, the ferry crossing from Whittier to Valdez, and doing a whale watch in Petersberg. So - while at Glacier Bay, is it redundant to take the Spirit of Adventure tour? We definately plan on kayaking one day while at Bartlett Cove. Thanks --

1 Answer Apr 6, 2004 at 3:30 AM