Gjøvik Travel Answers

change location

Q abt Gjøvik transit station (skysstasjon)

by solskinn Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 5:30 AM

How easy is it at Gjøvik skysstajon to change over from one bus to the next? Are the platforms/bus bays close by to one another. Am interested in particular in changing over from Totenekspressen (Oslo to Gjøvik) to local (Oppland) bus Gjøvik to Fagernes. Have abt 5 min to change over according to online timetables - hence the worry!!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • geigen's Profile Photo

Re: Q abt Gjøvik transit station (skysstasjon)

by geigen Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 12:52 AM

I can't speak to that transfer specifically, but every time I have a tight transfer, I tell the bus driver. He calls the other bus and asks it to wait if necessary. Most of the time, the bus waits anyway because the schedule is designed for the transfer. Do mention the transfer to the driver.

I can't imagine the Gjøvik bus station is large.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SailorRoar's Profile Photo

by SailorRoar Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Transfer at Gjøvik is very easy, it is a small transit station just outside the train station. Asking the driver like mentioned above is a good idea, but sometimes it can be a bit hard to make them wait when it is not the same company, and it your case it is not the same company. If you are looking into getting a longer transit, maybe taking the train from Oslo to Gjøvik might be an option. Check out www.nsb.no (From Oslo S to Gjøvik)

• Saagar's Profile Photo

by Saagar Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 2:55 AM

Unless you are really keen to spend five minutes in Gjøvik, why not take the valdresexpressen bus that delivers you to Fagernes nonstop from Oslo? I guess their web address is www.norwaybussekspress.com

• SailorRoar's Profile Photo

by SailorRoar Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 3:07 AM

That is of course the best solution... Saagar great advice!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines