change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AlleyB's Profile Photo

private tour for 2 people from Paris

by AlleyB Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Because of physical limitations my wife and I require a private driver/guide to take us from Paris to Giverny. Does anyone have any recommendations? My initial search on the internet yielded some results but they were quite expensive, and those that were more reasonable did not offer hotel pick-up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • AlleyB's Profile Photo

private tour for 2 people from Paris

by AlleyB Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Because of physical limitations my wife and I require a private driver/guide to take us from Paris to Giverny. Does anyone have any recommendations? My initial search on the internet yielded some results but they were quite expensive, and those that were more reasonable did not offer hotel pick-up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    • Monet's Garden Tickets

by Skierladytrudy Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Does anyone know how to get tickets ahead of time for Monet's Garden - we have been unsuccessful with the web site listed for events. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • Gift Shop at Claude Monet's Foundation

by KathWalsh Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Looking for souvenirs - painting of the Irises framed - small frame, Monet stationery and refrigerator magnets. Are these available at the shop? Would I be able to order 2 of the small frame Iris painting in advance of visit in June 2014? Thank you for any help you can give me on the shop- hours and the above items.

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 5:04 AM
    • Giverny in December

by mackek Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Is there anything open if we visit Giverny on December 20 or 21? Anywhere Monet related in particular?

Also a nice little hotel/ B&B within 30 km of Giverny??

Thanks for your help

9 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • laza56's Profile Photo

Wire ducks

by laza56 Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Hi I am looking to get in contact with how ever makes the little wire garden ducks at the Café garden centre just down from Monet's garden, they are made of wire with chicken wire inside and what looks like peat moss and planted out with succulent's.
      I would be most grateful as I wish buy some of theses, we saw these lovely little ducks when we were in Giverny but I can not find them anywhere else, hope someone can help.
      Thanks Larry

3 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    • Jeannette1's Profile Photo

Giverny in late September ?

by Jeannette1 Online Now Aug 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I was wondering if the Monet garden in Giverny was worth a visit late September (around the 23rd). Will there still be some flowers ?
      Jeannette

10 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM
    • DerryPSU85's Profile Photo

Return Train from Giverny to Paris

by DerryPSU85 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 4:35 AM

I saw several postings regarding the Paris to Vernon train options, however, I'm wondering about the return options. If I'm reading the sncf site correctly, the first train back to Paris has a 4:53 departure---is that correct? It has a bearing on whether we go with the 6:30 or 9:00 seating at the 58 Tour Eiffel Rest.
      Thank you!
      Derry

4 Answers Jun 15, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

train from Giverny to Paris

by sandranunes Online Now May 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Hi,
      I´ll be painting in Giverny this June.I´ve got the permission but just after 17:30. The painting session is about 2:30 to 3 hours. I´m concerned about my trip back to Paris as I don´t intend to sleep in Giverny. Does anyone know the schedule of the trains from Vernon to Paris after 21:00?
      Appreciate your help,
      Sandra

10 Answers May 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    • Giverny and Versailles in one day, is it possible/

by sbraid Online Now May 31, 2009 at 7:40 AM

I'd like to know if anyone has tried to do both Versailles and Giverny in one day. Is it possible? What's the best route? go to Versailles first and then to Giverny? how?
      many thanks
      Sandra

5 Answers May 31, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    • Restaurants in Giverny

by Burries8 Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Can you recomend restaurants that would be open Sundays in September 2008? I liked the review of Bonne E'table and Trestaurant Musee Baundy. Thank you

• Giverny - famrers market and picnic spot

by flkmurals Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM

I will be in Paris and plan to travel to Giverny this summer. Wondering: is the farmer's market in Vernon obvious & easy to find once disembarking from the train? And the picnic spot one write mentions - near Monet's house, near the bridge a restored mill and a park - do I need directions to this. I am planning to travel by train from Paris on a Monday or Tuesday. thanks

1 Answer Jun 27, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    • Painting at Giverny

by NancyNewman Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Is it possible to paint on site while visiting the gardens?

3 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 9:49 PM
    • Where can I purchase one of those lovely light blue wine bottles?

by writelady Online Now Sep 22, 2007 at 12:17 AM

When dining at a lovely little place along the path leading out of Monet's Home, we were served water in a lovely light blue bordeaux-type wine bottle. When empty the bottle looked like it still had water in it. Where can I purchase these bottles?

• Paris to Giverny

by AnnPeter Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM

We are in Paris for one week this coming May and would like to see Giverny and Monet's Garden - how easy is it to travel there yourself (by train), is it achievable in half a day or do you need to allow a full day? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jan 4, 2007 at 5:17 PM
    • train from calais to giverny

by rolinuk Online Now Oct 30, 2006 at 1:29 PM

i want to be able to ferry to calais, then train to giverny. is that possible?

1 Answer Oct 30, 2006 at 9:31 PM
    • tour of giverny

by fjc3550 Online Now Jun 10, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Need to book a tour from Paris to Giverny on july 1, the best tour operator or any related information would be helpful as this is my first trip to France.

1 Answer Jun 10, 2006 at 7:15 PM
    • Getting fro Giverny to Versailles

by cseifer Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 8:30 PM

Is there a way to get from Giverny to Versailles by train without having to go to Paris first?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2006 at 12:23 AM
    • How to get to Giverny from Le Havre

by goofynewfymom Online Now Jun 8, 2004 at 5:36 PM

We are arriving in Le Havre on Sunday, July 18 and have decided that we will still be suffering from too much jet lag to make the trip into Paris. We have researched our options (visiting Rouen, Honfleur or Giverny) and are interested in making the drive to Giverny. What would be our best way to get there leaving around noon and returning around 5:00 p.m. Does anyone know of a train, bus or taxi that would be able to take us there? Or perhaps a tour company? Thanks for your help, Stephanie

4 Answers Jun 9, 2004 at 6:41 AM