Girona

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hen Weekend

Santa Susana 15 hours ago

Hi I am going on a hen weekend in May- Staying at saunta susana hotel. I am looking for a bar close to the hotel and close to some more livley bars.. Im hoping to get in contact with a bar to arrange some kind of decorations, vip area or something. Can anyone sugest anyuthing? Thanks

more
    • bus from malgrat to blanes

Malgrat de Mar Apr 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi is it possible to get to Blanes from Malgrat by bus ?

more
    • vilanova park

Vilanova i la Geltru Apr 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM

What is the cheapest to get to aquopolis water park from the camp

more
    • bus travel

Malgrat de Mar Apr 16, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hi is it possible to get to blanes spain from Malgrat spain by bus?

more
    • english breakfast salou

Salou Mar 27, 2014 at 5:18 AM

where is best and cheapest place for a cooked breakfast near the international II hotel please?

more
    • NicoleJ10's Profile Photo

Lloret de Mar, April 2014

Lloret de Mar Mar 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Coming to Lloret de Mar, Sat 12th April 2014 and staying 3 nights..
      As this is during the beginning of the easter hols will most things be open? inc the Mon and Tues?
      We are a couple mid 20's looking for things to do and places to visit as we are not used to laying on a beach all day… can anyone help please? :) thanks in advance x
      Nicole x

more
    • Rafting close to Barcelona - Montserrat

Monistrol de Montserrat Apr 13, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a place to do rafting with 15 people on May 10th.
      We will be in Barcelona, so we are looking for a place close to Barcelona (like Montserrat).

Do you have any advice ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

César

more
    • Is there a cheap prepaid phone that works in Spain?

Barcelona Apr 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I just want something for light use for calls to Spainish numbers and if there is an emergency at work in the US.
      And to receive texts from the US.

TIA

more
    • Pullmantur Sovereign Cruise

Barcelona Apr 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Hi there, we are due to take our first cruise from Barcelona on the above ship on 31st May. I can find very little information regarding these cruises. I realise they are primarily for Spanish people but would love to hear from any English speaking passengers about their experience on the Pullmantur Sovereign. Thanks in advance

more
    • Threading eyebrows.

Tarragona Apr 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Hi.. I'd really appreciate help here. Im new here in tarragona and I can not find any spa or saloon which offer threading for eyebrows. Can anybody guide me where to find a saloon which offers threading.. Thanks.

more
    • Good self catering for non driver with beach & pool with water slides or water park nearby

Barcelona Apr 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Can anyone recommend a good self catering hotel/apartment on the beach with pool and slides/water park nearby. Will travel in July and won't hire a car. Would like to go for 7-10 days with 2 children aged 7 & 12. Happy to go anywhere in Europe, doesn't have to be Spain

more
    • TRAIN FROM SITGES TO MONTMELO

Sitges Apr 2, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Does anyone know the cost of the train ticket from Sitges to Montmelo for the F1 Grand Prix

more
    • ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

BCN Airport>Estacio de França by Rodalies/Cercanias, where to change trains?

Barcelona Apr 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM

When going by rail from BCN Airport (R2 Nord) to the Estacio de Estacio de França station (R2 Sud)....I know it is possible to change trains at Passeig de Gracia.

However in seeing the map, it looks like the first station after BCN Airport, El Prat de Llobregat, is also on R2 Sud.
      I can imagine El Prat de Llobregat has fewer passengers than a station like Passeig de Gracia....would it be a better place to change trains? Is it an easy change Sud comes to same platform, or do you need to change platforms?
      Thanks in advance for your advice.

more
    • Diving and accommodation

L'Estartit Mar 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Hi everyone
      I am trying to surprise my partner for his 50 th by giving him a diving holiday. We already live in Spain, and would probably fly in from Malaga. Upon quick ( secret ) searches I think we can fly to l'estartit !! Can anyone recommend a good self catering apartment close (ish) to a dive centre. To keep the costs down I don't really want to hire a car.

Many thanks

more
    • Reputation of barcelonaturisme website

Barcelona Apr 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hi, I am planning to do some online transactions on barcelonaturisme website. Can anybody provide any feedback on the same. I am forwarding the link for reference.
      bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com...

more
    • Shopping for climbing rope in Barcelona

Barcelona Apr 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Hello, Is there anyone who can recommend a good inexpensive shop for buying rock climbing rope in Barcelona? I need two half ropes. eg Edelrid or Beal. Thanks, Alexey

more
    • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Taxi fare from Reus Airport

Tarragona Apr 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi! Does anyone know the taxi fare from Reus airport to Tarragona town centre? It would be for a Saturday afternoon, two passengers, hand luggage only. Many thanks.

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

which hotel to stay in rhamba or best suggestion

Barcelona Apr 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

any suggestion for 3 star hotel .. la rhamba area or any other suggestion . My budget is 80 - 100 eur . I am arriving by trin from paris on 23 jun .

thanku . gracia

more
    • Ronza's Profile Photo

Trip to Barcelona June 2014

Barcelona Apr 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hello. I am going with my husband to Barcelona during June. I would like to know how many days do I need to cover the most important attractions in Barcelona and what are those attractions.
      Can I visit Montserrat in one day from Barcelona?
      Thank you

more
    • MagdaM's Profile Photo

Recommendation

Barcelona Mar 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Aloha!
      I would like you (if you have free time) to inform me where is the right place in Barcelona to book hotel or appartment for 7 days. I ask you because i am not the usual type of tourist. I want to live seven days as a Barcelona's citizen not as a tourist. So I would like the acommodation where I will chose to live to have metro very close and be low cost but value for money. If you don't know any hotels just tell me the region you think is fine of transportation and crime scenes.
      Finally could you recommend me valued-small-local running restaurants in which you and your friends or family would choose to eat.
      Gracias beforehand!

more
    • Apartments with All Inclusive

Salou Mar 21, 2014 at 5:22 AM

I am a single parent of 2- boy and girls 14 and 12, travelling to Salou for 10 days in July. This year I will be taking my son's friend along (both 14), so would like separate sleeping areas for privacy for all of us, either in a 1 apartment/studio with a bedroom and sofa bed in living room, or a 2 bedroom apartment. I looked at the festival village but too far out and the International 2 but seems everyone has to sleep in the same room.
      This would also be the case with the hotels who do all inclusive, 4 beds in 1 room would be awful,or are there any with an alternative.
      Thanks in advance for any advice

more
    • mrsdeano's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Barcelona and other parts

Barcelona Apr 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM

My husband has a three day conference in Barcelona in September. We are going to spend at least a week in Spain if not longer along with our adult daughter and son-in-law, Should we spend more than the three days in Barcelona? If not, any ideas on where to do in Spain? We have never been there before.

Thanks!

more
    • What's a good hotel in Barcelona?

Barcelona Apr 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

What's a good hotel in Barcelona? Not the top hotel as I'm on somewhat of a budget and not the cheapest place either, but something in the middle to above average. (I will spend 2-3 nights there, and get there via train from Valencia)

I want something close to good restaurants, and want to see Park Güell, Mont Juec, and do the hop on hop off tour. Is there anything else you'd recommend (we have two kids, 11 and 13)

What restaurants would you recommend for some Catalonian food? I've been to Valencia a few times but never Barcelona.

Is the Mont Juic area safe? I will be traveling in August, any places to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

Things to do in Barcelona , in 2 days

Barcelona Apr 9, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I will be spending 2 nights in barcelona for the first time , arriving on Monday 23 jun from paris by train . I would like to see your recommendation on the things i shud do . Will probably do the must do thing like The sagrada church , park gruell , casa mila .. anything else i should see or do . Planning to go to the restaurant Tapas 24 and Alkimia as recommended by my fridns .. staying at Hotel Next To . thankyou Virtual tourist

more
    • amyinlondon's Profile Photo

car rental

Barcelona Apr 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Can anyone give out any money saving tips on car rental?

more
    • Girona buses

by joecar Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Can you please let me know what buses there are from Girona train station to the old town.We will be there for a day in June
      Thanks and Regards

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

AVE trains

by Turska Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We are allready back from Girona, but I have to ask!! We tried twice to get to those fast train from raillwaystation, and didn´t. Are we really that stupid?? We have travelled a lot, and nvere had this kind of problems. First time going to Figueres we asked tickets to "next train" and saw at timetable, there is a train going in 15min and it would take 14min. The man behind the desk didn´t understand at all, and gave us tickets to the next one leavin 10min later, but taking over twice the time. So we thought he just couldn´t give us tickets so close to train leaving time. Next time we went an hour earlier to the trainstation and had checked from internet (renfe page) that there was AVE train leaving at 9.48. The man behind the desk (not the same one) didn´t understand anything. We asked a fast train, he asked "train? train???" and looked like he didn´t understand a word! We said "Barcelona" and he started selling us tickets to normal train. We said "fast train". "Fast? Train????" Then I showed by hands a fast movement, and he said: Rapido?? I remebered the word ans said "Si si, rapido!!!" And then the man: "no rapido, no no.." After a while we had to give up and buy tickets he wanted to sell to train taking 1h 38min instead of 38min train. Is there an another station? Or what was the problem, why couln´t we get to "rapido" at neither of times?? I tried to find the answer by google, but I didn´t. This trobles us a lot, even if it is too late anyway, we are allready back at home..

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

patatas bravas

by Turska Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM

What has happened to patatas bravas in Catalunya?? All the places have just "patatas bravas shaped frech fries"! We ate bravas every night at Madrid year ago, and all tasted self made. These here in Girona are all made of frozen potatos. Is there any place to get good ones???

7 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Moska brewery

by Turska Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I found this brewery in European beer guide, and it was said to be in Girona. Does someone know if they have a bar or pub there? Or at least the beers sold in local bars? Beers are sort of hobby for us, and would be nice to check this one also. English version said "page can not be found".
      moskabeer.com/ca/#.UhXg3UbyV...

5 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Car renting and buses and trains

by Turska Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

1. If we do rent a car in Girona, is it usually possible to visit France with it? (Don´t know yet, where in France, we are just  big France-lovers, and haven´t ever visited south of it, so we could just  go "somewhere" not too far for a day). Does it cost more, if we do? My friends did visit Andorra, but I don´t know if they paid any extra. (Won´t be able to ask, we will be leaving at the end of next week).

2. If we can´t take the car to France, isn´t there a very fast train going to France? Where do I find the timetables? Are the trains expensive?

3. Does the buses run often to villages nearby ? Like Figures (we must do a "Dali trip!!"), villages by the sea (espesially those ones with some history to see, don´t care about the beaches at all).

I can´t belive I´m planning this late! We booked flights at may, but only for one and half weeks we have been sure, we can really go!

11 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    • mcloughv's Profile Photo

Gerona Airport to Sta Margarida Rosas

by mcloughv Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM

What is the best way to get from the airport to Sta Margarida - Bus I imagine but I can only see one bus a day? am i wrong?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • From Girona to Platja d'Aro

by irina99 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Hello everybody!
      Can anyone tell me how to get from Girona train station to Platja d'Aro using public transportation? Thank you.

• Renting a car for the day

by Kayhope Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Is it possible to rent a car for the day in Girona.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • dgw47's Profile Photo

Girona bus station

by dgw47 Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Can anyone tell me where the bus from Palamos stops in Girona. Is there a stop where I can change onto the Sagales bus to Girona airport? I have found a Sarfa bus from Palamos to Girona Volta. But where is Volta? I have used the bus station in Girona many times but understand there has been a lot of building changes for RENFE.

• Bus from Girona to Castell Montgri

by LudiMcLood Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

What price do children pay

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Airport taxi

by Turska Online Now May 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Does someone know how much the taxi from Girona airport to Girona city centre will cost? I found one page saying it would be 22e. Our flight will arrive at 23.45, so we will miss the 23.30 bus. Or then we need to wait for the 00.30 bus. I don´t want to book anything, in case we might be late or even too early (it has happened with Ryanair sometimes!) The triip is in the end of August, so no hurry. Just curious..

5 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    • Public Transport

by MAM1934 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Hi We are arriving at ten pm at the end of the month and need somewhere to stay which will be accessible to the train station the following day as somehow we will make our way to Costa Dorada (this is another question). The issue has arisen as we are arriving into girona but departing from Reus and dont have much experience with the train lines either - any advice would be greatly appreciated. We also have two small children. Many Thanks

10 Answers May 6, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Towns near Girona

by Turska Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Is there any other big towns with easy connect from Girona airport than Barcelona? I just checked cheapest flights from Tampere Finland with Ryanair to somewhere warm at beginning of september, and Girona was one opinion. The town itself might be one opinion, but would there be any bigger towns in maybe less than 2 hours in bus or something? We´ve allready been to Barcelona.

8 Answers May 19, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • Train directly from BCN to Girona

by blondebrunettetravel Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM

We are trying to figure out if we can get a train straight from the Barcelona airport to Girona. Hoping the new high speed one has those connections.

3 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 5:16 AM
    • Are there any organised tours from Girona to Dali sites?

by kuepper Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm thinking of going to Girona for a short break and I'd want to visit the Dali museum in Figueres and othe Dali sites in the area at Portlligat and Pubol Castle. I dont drive but the only tour I can find that visits these sites is from Barcelona which is an hour in the opposite direction.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

From Girona airport to Marseille?

by Turska Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Google maps couldn´t say if there is public transport between Girona airport and Marseille. Is there? I think the problem might be in talking about two different countries, so it´s not possible in Google maps. How long it takes? Is it expensive. We will have straight flights from Tampere to Girona by Ryanair this year. We´ve allready been to Barcelona, and we have been hoping to visit southern France one day, maybe Marseille, maybe some other town. But if we do have possibility to go, we might have only little time. (My husband might only have few days vacation). So if there is not enough time we either not go at all, or maybe stay in Girona.

12 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM
    • Tuesday Market Devasa park

by Denzoo Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi
      First time in Girona ,arriving Tues 28 Oct/Leaving Sat 7.00a.m Flight.
      We would like to visit market with my wife on Tuesday .What time does it finish as we will arrive in Girona bus station at 2.00 pm .What is on sale there

2 Answers Sep 27, 2012 at 3:29 AM
    • AmyV8's Profile Photo

Car hire Girona airport

by AmyV8 Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hi there,
      We're looking at hiring at car pick up & return to Girona next month, however, our return flight is 7.30am in the morning. Can anyone tell me which car hire companies in the airport don't charge for a 6.30am "out of hours" return please?
      They normally quote €45 out of hours charge??!
      Cheers
      Amy

2 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    • girona to platja d'aro

by mathewkenyon Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

hi can anybody help me flying to girona next mouth and we are staying in platja d'aro is there a train or bus from the airport that goes there been on safari and cant find one ???

1 Answer Jun 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM
    • Tourist Numbers

by bobby5 Online Now May 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

How many tourists visit Girona each year?

1 Answer May 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    • Girona to Barcelona centre easiest and cheapest way? :)

by Sunray-310 Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Another question!

What's the easiest way to get to Barcelona from Girona? Our apt is in the Eixample area. I've checked the renfe and the price seems resonable but it wasn't the easiest page to navigate and I don't know what other options I have! Do they have shuttle companies that transfer you from the airport directly to your hotel like in France??

Thanks x

4 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    • In Girona for half a day

by Sunray-310 Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Hello all!
      We arrive in Girona with Ryanair midnight so I'll book an airport hotel because we are travelling with a child. my question is:

Will We be able to squeeze a walk along onyar river and jewish quarter in half a day? We need to be in barcelona by 3 in the afternoon.

How far is the old city from the airport? How much does a taxi ride cost?

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    • Barcelona Airport into Girona centre

by suechesterman Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Can anyone help me with the easiest way to get from Barcelona Airport to the centre of Girona by train please? I believe you have to go to Barcelona Sants station and then change. Do you know what trains we then have to get and how often they run. Thank you for any help you can give us as it all seems a bit confusing. Sue Chesterman

5 Answers Jan 28, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Cheap hostel in central Girona?

by Dee22 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hi

I'm gonna go Interrailing around Europe in March. I'm planning to go to Girona for a couple of days as my girlfriend and I will go to live there from September and till the end of 2012 as she will be studying there.

Does anyone have a tip for a cheap hostel or something like that in central Girona?

I will only have one full day there at this point, so what are the most important things to do/see?

And.. what would the weather be like in March, temperature wise?

Best regards!

Brian

• CyprusAnnie's Profile Photo

Girona in January

by CyprusAnnie Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 1:32 AM

We are travelling to Girona from Cyprus in January for a few days after finding a cheap flight with Ryanair.:)

Any advice on what we can expect at that time of year would be appreciated....need help with things to do, weather to expect, we are hiring a car so places to visit outside of Girona.

Thank you!

9 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 5:09 AM
    • give mother a surprise:

by mrjoe933 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM

does anyone know of a reasonably good wallpaper shop near girona city or salt?
      please help

• 2 days in Girona

by gazstrong Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Hi

I will be in Girona for 2 days in August and was wondering what the must see areas and locations are.

I would also like some tips for bars and restauarants and best areas for dining, drinking and relaxing etc.

Thanks in Advance

6 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    • Day trips from L'Escala

by jenni.lemmon Online Now May 26, 2011 at 10:19 AM

We have an option to stay in L'Escala, near Girona, for a week. We would like to do day trip to other areas of interest, preferably by publoic transport. Will this be possible, where should we aim for, and are we going to have to settle for a car rental? Our week's accommodation, first week of October, will cost 319 euros. Can that be matched anywhere else more conveniently situated.
      I get the impression that L'Escala may be a bit out of the way.
      We are not interested in spending days on a beach, bu thopefully will get somewhere quaint with a view?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    • Can anyone help me plssssss!!!

by mrscic Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Can anyone please tell what's the best mode of transport from Girona Airport to the Cruise liners port in Barcelona.
      Thanks

1 Answer Apr 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    • bus prices

by Bregre Online Now Apr 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM

how much does the sarfa buses cost from Girona to lloret de mar?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 2:39 AM