Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drayman151's Profile Photo

Travelodge Barcelona Poblenou Hotel

Barcelona 5 hours ago

Hi

we are travelling to this hotel from the Barcelona airport , please can you let us knpw if we can travel via a train , bus or even a airport transfer bus , we would use a taxi but we have heard of people being had , thanks

more
    • Cheltenham

Barcelona Mar 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM

I am staying in the hotel Oriente on La Rambla and would like to know if there is any where near to get a bet on the horse racing.

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Where to stay (for my friend)

Catalunya 17 hours ago

My friend is going to Catalunya with 7 (!) friends from work, and they have flights to Barcelona. But her friends really want to visit Andorra. So where to stay? They were thinking of Girona, but couln´t find big enough apartment they like in there. And they would also like to go t beach if possible. They don´t want to rent a car, since there is so many of them. Any suggestions where to search the apartment in this situation. I was told not to visit Andorra, when we were in Girona, since there is not so much to see, but they want to go shopping there, and they don´t want to leave that trip out of their plans.

more
    • amoltated's Profile Photo

Barcelona between 24 April - 4 May?

Barcelona Mar 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Anybody planning for Barcelona between 24 April - 4 May? Can anybody suggest me student lodge or cheapest hotel?

more
    • Las Fallas

Barcelona Mar 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM

is anyone going to this festival and can tell me more about it?

more
    • baileypowell's Profile Photo

Honeymooning in Barcelona

Barcelona Mar 3, 2015 at 6:37 PM

My fiance and I just booked a two-week visit to Barcelona directly after our wedding in early August. I AM SO EXCITED. I really, really want to make it up to Rome and the Amalfi Coast while we're there as well. Would you suggest driving along the coast through France with the time that we have? If so, what would be some good places to stop/stay along the way? Or is it more worth our time to fly to Rome? I can't decide what would be best.

more
    • wonglydia's Profile Photo

how to get to Joan Miró Foundation?

Barcelona Yesterday

I will visit Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya then Joan Miró Foundation. I wonder if I can walk to Joan Miro Foundation from Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya as I saw a small road behind the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya. Please advice.

more
    • Horse racing

Barcelona Mar 8, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Can I get a bet on the horse racing in Barcelona, I am staying in the hotel Oriente.

more
    • nabilos's Profile Photo

Barcelona airport taxi to Calella De mar

Barcelona Mar 1, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Hi,

can any one let me know how much would cost a taxi from Barcelona airport taxi to Calella De mar

thank you

more
    • amoltated's Profile Photo

Barcelona between 24 April - 4 May?

Barcelona Mar 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Anybody planning for Barcelona between 24 April - 4 May? Can anybody suggest me student lodge or cheapest hotel?

more
    • Stag Do in April

Barcelona Mar 24, 2015 at 1:53 AM

Hi there!
      I am organising a stag do to Barcelona in April and was wondering of you could recommend some great places to go on an evening..
      Thank you!
      Geoff.

more
    • Basilica del Santa Maria del Mar: Saint Name?

Barcelona Mar 23, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Does anyone have good knowledge of the saints depicted in the Basilica del Santa del Mar in Barcelona? A friend of mine wants to know the name of a female saint whose statue is in the Basilica -- she is holding a child and may be called Saint Maria of the Olives or possibly Olive trees. Thank you so much for any light you can shed -- would be interested in her story and any link to pictures.

more
    • Raval District of Barcelona

Barcelona Mar 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I am thinking of renting an apartment in the Raval District of Barcelona. The address is Carrer del Peu de la creu 28. bis. Would you recommend this area?

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

By bicycle

Barcelona Mar 12, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Is it possible (nice) to go by bike to Sitges or Mataró? I am used to ride 50 km and more and would like to go to some places by bike. I will be in Barcelona from easter sunday for 6 days. Are there carriles bici beyond Sant Adrià de Besòs and how can I get to Sitges? Where can I rent a good bicycle?

more
    • 2.5 days in barcelona Nearby getaways?

Barcelona Mar 4, 2015 at 5:59 AM

I have 2 nights 3 days in barcelona. ANy nearby getaways from Barcelona that are worth and interesting to visit? More of architecture and culture. Not interested in museums. thnks

more
    • Bus Girona Airport to L'Escala

by GiacomoC Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 4:08 AM

There are bus from Girona airport to L'Escala ?
      Taxi's cost is €86 :o

7 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Girona airport bus ticket office

by agathi Online Now Sep 13, 2014 at 6:44 AM

hall my friends. Can you tell me pls if the bus ticket office is inside the airport building or outside? Is there anything in particular that I must have in mind or notice for buying the ticket and finding the correct bus? Thank you very much.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    • No trains when i arrive to barcelona

by Joyabi Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 5:48 AM

When i take bus the bus to Barcelona there will be no trains since it will be around 2am on a thursday. Will there still be taxis there that could take me to my final destination? Thanks

Joy

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • girona airport car hire

by Anorig Online Now May 29, 2014 at 12:10 PM

we are arriving at Girona airpot sat 2nd august at midnight and would like to know if the car hire offices will still be open ?
      thanks

3 Answers May 30, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • Girona buses

by joecar Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Can you please let me know what buses there are from Girona train station to the old town.We will be there for a day in June
      Thanks and Regards

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

AVE trains

by Turska Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

We are allready back from Girona, but I have to ask!! We tried twice to get to those fast train from raillwaystation, and didn´t. Are we really that stupid?? We have travelled a lot, and nvere had this kind of problems. First time going to Figueres we asked tickets to "next train" and saw at timetable, there is a train going in 15min and it would take 14min. The man behind the desk didn´t understand at all, and gave us tickets to the next one leavin 10min later, but taking over twice the time. So we thought he just couldn´t give us tickets so close to train leaving time. Next time we went an hour earlier to the trainstation and had checked from internet (renfe page) that there was AVE train leaving at 9.48. The man behind the desk (not the same one) didn´t understand anything. We asked a fast train, he asked "train? train???" and looked like he didn´t understand a word! We said "Barcelona" and he started selling us tickets to normal train. We said "fast train". "Fast? Train????" Then I showed by hands a fast movement, and he said: Rapido?? I remebered the word ans said "Si si, rapido!!!" And then the man: "no rapido, no no.." After a while we had to give up and buy tickets he wanted to sell to train taking 1h 38min instead of 38min train. Is there an another station? Or what was the problem, why couln´t we get to "rapido" at neither of times?? I tried to find the answer by google, but I didn´t. This trobles us a lot, even if it is too late anyway, we are allready back at home..

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

patatas bravas

by Turska Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM

What has happened to patatas bravas in Catalunya?? All the places have just "patatas bravas shaped frech fries"! We ate bravas every night at Madrid year ago, and all tasted self made. These here in Girona are all made of frozen potatos. Is there any place to get good ones???

7 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Moska brewery

by Turska Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM

I found this brewery in European beer guide, and it was said to be in Girona. Does someone know if they have a bar or pub there? Or at least the beers sold in local bars? Beers are sort of hobby for us, and would be nice to check this one also. English version said "page can not be found".
      moskabeer.com/ca/#.UhXg3UbyV...

5 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Car renting and buses and trains

by Turska Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

1. If we do rent a car in Girona, is it usually possible to visit France with it? (Don´t know yet, where in France, we are just  big France-lovers, and haven´t ever visited south of it, so we could just  go "somewhere" not too far for a day). Does it cost more, if we do? My friends did visit Andorra, but I don´t know if they paid any extra. (Won´t be able to ask, we will be leaving at the end of next week).

2. If we can´t take the car to France, isn´t there a very fast train going to France? Where do I find the timetables? Are the trains expensive?

3. Does the buses run often to villages nearby ? Like Figures (we must do a "Dali trip!!"), villages by the sea (espesially those ones with some history to see, don´t care about the beaches at all).

I can´t belive I´m planning this late! We booked flights at may, but only for one and half weeks we have been sure, we can really go!

11 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    • mcloughv's Profile Photo

Gerona Airport to Sta Margarida Rosas

by mcloughv Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM

What is the best way to get from the airport to Sta Margarida - Bus I imagine but I can only see one bus a day? am i wrong?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • From Girona to Platja d'Aro

by irina99 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Hello everybody!
      Can anyone tell me how to get from Girona train station to Platja d'Aro using public transportation? Thank you.

• Renting a car for the day

by Kayhope Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Is it possible to rent a car for the day in Girona.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • dgw47's Profile Photo

Girona bus station

by dgw47 Online Now Jun 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Can anyone tell me where the bus from Palamos stops in Girona. Is there a stop where I can change onto the Sagales bus to Girona airport? I have found a Sarfa bus from Palamos to Girona Volta. But where is Volta? I have used the bus station in Girona many times but understand there has been a lot of building changes for RENFE.

• Bus from Girona to Castell Montgri

by LudiMcLood Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

What price do children pay

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Airport taxi

by Turska Online Now May 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Does someone know how much the taxi from Girona airport to Girona city centre will cost? I found one page saying it would be 22e. Our flight will arrive at 23.45, so we will miss the 23.30 bus. Or then we need to wait for the 00.30 bus. I don´t want to book anything, in case we might be late or even too early (it has happened with Ryanair sometimes!) The triip is in the end of August, so no hurry. Just curious..

5 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    • Public Transport

by MAM1934 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Hi We are arriving at ten pm at the end of the month and need somewhere to stay which will be accessible to the train station the following day as somehow we will make our way to Costa Dorada (this is another question). The issue has arisen as we are arriving into girona but departing from Reus and dont have much experience with the train lines either - any advice would be greatly appreciated. We also have two small children. Many Thanks

10 Answers May 6, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Towns near Girona

by Turska Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Is there any other big towns with easy connect from Girona airport than Barcelona? I just checked cheapest flights from Tampere Finland with Ryanair to somewhere warm at beginning of september, and Girona was one opinion. The town itself might be one opinion, but would there be any bigger towns in maybe less than 2 hours in bus or something? We´ve allready been to Barcelona.

8 Answers May 19, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • Train directly from BCN to Girona

by blondebrunettetravel Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM

We are trying to figure out if we can get a train straight from the Barcelona airport to Girona. Hoping the new high speed one has those connections.

3 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 5:16 AM
    • Are there any organised tours from Girona to Dali sites?

by kuepper Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm thinking of going to Girona for a short break and I'd want to visit the Dali museum in Figueres and othe Dali sites in the area at Portlligat and Pubol Castle. I dont drive but the only tour I can find that visits these sites is from Barcelona which is an hour in the opposite direction.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

From Girona airport to Marseille?

by Turska Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Google maps couldn´t say if there is public transport between Girona airport and Marseille. Is there? I think the problem might be in talking about two different countries, so it´s not possible in Google maps. How long it takes? Is it expensive. We will have straight flights from Tampere to Girona by Ryanair this year. We´ve allready been to Barcelona, and we have been hoping to visit southern France one day, maybe Marseille, maybe some other town. But if we do have possibility to go, we might have only little time. (My husband might only have few days vacation). So if there is not enough time we either not go at all, or maybe stay in Girona.

12 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM
    • Tuesday Market Devasa park

by Denzoo Online Now Sep 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi
      First time in Girona ,arriving Tues 28 Oct/Leaving Sat 7.00a.m Flight.
      We would like to visit market with my wife on Tuesday .What time does it finish as we will arrive in Girona bus station at 2.00 pm .What is on sale there

2 Answers Sep 27, 2012 at 3:29 AM
    • AmyV8's Profile Photo

Car hire Girona airport

by AmyV8 Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hi there,
      We're looking at hiring at car pick up & return to Girona next month, however, our return flight is 7.30am in the morning. Can anyone tell me which car hire companies in the airport don't charge for a 6.30am "out of hours" return please?
      They normally quote €45 out of hours charge??!
      Cheers
      Amy

2 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    • girona to platja d'aro

by mathewkenyon Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

hi can anybody help me flying to girona next mouth and we are staying in platja d'aro is there a train or bus from the airport that goes there been on safari and cant find one ???

1 Answer Jun 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM
    • Tourist Numbers

by bobby5 Online Now May 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

How many tourists visit Girona each year?

1 Answer May 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    • Girona to Barcelona centre easiest and cheapest way? :)

by Sunray-310 Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Another question!

What's the easiest way to get to Barcelona from Girona? Our apt is in the Eixample area. I've checked the renfe and the price seems resonable but it wasn't the easiest page to navigate and I don't know what other options I have! Do they have shuttle companies that transfer you from the airport directly to your hotel like in France??

Thanks x

4 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    • In Girona for half a day

by Sunray-310 Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Hello all!
      We arrive in Girona with Ryanair midnight so I'll book an airport hotel because we are travelling with a child. my question is:

Will We be able to squeeze a walk along onyar river and jewish quarter in half a day? We need to be in barcelona by 3 in the afternoon.

How far is the old city from the airport? How much does a taxi ride cost?

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    • Barcelona Airport into Girona centre

by suechesterman Online Now Jan 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Can anyone help me with the easiest way to get from Barcelona Airport to the centre of Girona by train please? I believe you have to go to Barcelona Sants station and then change. Do you know what trains we then have to get and how often they run. Thank you for any help you can give us as it all seems a bit confusing. Sue Chesterman

5 Answers Jan 28, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Cheap hostel in central Girona?

by Dee22 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hi

I'm gonna go Interrailing around Europe in March. I'm planning to go to Girona for a couple of days as my girlfriend and I will go to live there from September and till the end of 2012 as she will be studying there.

Does anyone have a tip for a cheap hostel or something like that in central Girona?

I will only have one full day there at this point, so what are the most important things to do/see?

And.. what would the weather be like in March, temperature wise?

Best regards!

Brian

• CyprusAnnie's Profile Photo

Girona in January

by CyprusAnnie Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 1:32 AM

We are travelling to Girona from Cyprus in January for a few days after finding a cheap flight with Ryanair.:)

Any advice on what we can expect at that time of year would be appreciated....need help with things to do, weather to expect, we are hiring a car so places to visit outside of Girona.

Thank you!

9 Answers Nov 7, 2011 at 5:09 AM
    • give mother a surprise:

by mrjoe933 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM

does anyone know of a reasonably good wallpaper shop near girona city or salt?
      please help