Girona Travel Answers

change location
Paris92's Profile Photo

Anyone know anything about Ordis?

by Paris92 Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Hi, Everyone,

My family is considering doing a house swap in Ordis, Spain, which is apparently around Girona. Anyone know anything about it? We can't seem to find anything--not even a picture!

We know it's a very, very small village that just has a bar and a grocery store, but we're curious about the surrounding area. My parents are thinking about doing the swap and using the house as a base to drive around to different nearby villages and towns that may have more to offer.

Can anyone tell me a little about it?

Thanks!
C

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone know anything about Ordis?

by Roadquill Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Hi Court, Only about 5 miles from Figueres and the Dali Museum. Other than that is is a little podunk down in the middle of farm land. I drove through the area about 10 years ago. It looked like I was still in So Cal. Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Paris92's Profile Photo

by Paris92 Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Hmmm...interesting. They really just want a base while I'd like to stay in town and relax at the beach. Is it pretty at least?

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Hola Courtney!

I had to look for Ordis in a map... I'm familiar with the area but never heard about Ordis. No wonder if it's so tiny.

From that area and you can easily explore the North Costa Brava, the eastern Pyrenees, the volcanic area of Olot, the Côte Vermeille... However, it seems to be about 30Km inland, so if they plan a beach vacation it may be a bit too far away. I like Karl's definition of "a little podunk down in the middle of farm land"... there are many interesting sights and places 30-60Km away (in all directions) but not in the area of the village itself.

• Paris92's Profile Photo

by Paris92 Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Hola, Isa!!!

Thanks so much for the info--my parents are planning on renting a car and driving around so it's good to know there are so many places nearby they can go. Now I think I'll need to see if there's any kind of public transportation to the beach. If there isn't I may need to re-think going there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines