Girona Travel Answers

change location

Bus Girona city to Girona Airport or Taxi?

by moi1 Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM

I will be staying at Hotel Carlemany which is supposted to be a 5 minute walk from the train station. I got a flight leaving at 7am. I was thinking of taking the bus leaving at 5am from the train station. My questions are is it safe to walk from the hotel with luggages at around 445 in the morning ? and my second question the bus should arrive at 530am is that enough time to check-in the luggages (that is 1 hour and a half before departure)? or would it be better to take a taxi?

Thanks in advance for help

Moira

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Bus Girona city to Girona Airport or Taxi?

by leics Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM

If you are flying with a budget carrier (?) it is better to be at the airport a couple of hours before departure, imo. Even in the early morning queues for check-in and security can be long. Many budget carriers operate their flights at that time, even if you are not flying with one. It's pretty unlikely that you will miss your flight if you arrive at 5.30am but you may find it a bit of a rush. It's impossible to say for certain, because conditions will vary from day to day.

The problem is that the earlier bus leaves at 4am, so that would perhaps be a bit too early?

http://www.barcelonabus.com/

According to the airport website

aena.es/csee/Satellite?Langu...

a taxi will cost you from around 25 euro (you'll be travelling at the night rate, I think).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bus Girona city to Girona Airport or Taxi?

by moi1 Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Dear leics thanks for your help !! . . yes im travelling with ryanair so i'd better be there at around 5am !! Thought that since its early in the morning there will be no queues but it seems im mistaken !!! . . What about walking to the bus station from the hotel is that safe to do it for the 4am bus?? im still considering to take a taxi but wanted to have another option.

Thanks again

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I haven't flown from Girona, but I have flown with Ryanair (and other airlines) many times from many places, and early in the morning too.

If you haven't got 'priority boarding' and you have bags to check in, I do think 2 hours is probably best. I last flew with them from Kaunas in August: I had priority boarding and a bag to check and was in line (there was already a line) when check-in opened. I finally got through security just as the gate was opening: no time for a coffee or anything. That's why I think better safe than sorry.

I'm sure you'll be perfectly safe at that time in the morning, but I stress I've never been in Girona in the early hours. But in my general experience 'iffy' characters tend to be off the streets and in their beds by that time. :-)

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Pedmar, Ryanair check-in/bag drop closes 40 minutes before departure. You should be at the gate 30 minutes before, and it closes 20 minutes before.

If you have luggage to check you really do need to be there in plenty of time. That's why I suggest 2 hours before.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Yes, it's just linguistics (as is so often the way with the written word!). :-)

I read 'you need a min of 40 minutes' as being the minimum amount of time you need to arrive beforehand rather than the time check-in/bag-drop closes.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM

And if you are flying from Kaunas on a Sunday, 2 hours is barely enough! :-))

• Re: Bus Girona city to Girona Airport or Taxi?

by moi1 Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Thanks both of you :) Will take a taxi at 430 in the morning so will be at 5am at the airport . . that should be fine :)

Really looking forward now to go to Spain :)

Thanks

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Enjoy! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines