Girona Travel Answers

change location

packing around girona

by wanderer1979 Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 1:44 AM

hi, im just trying to get ahead in a trip me and some friends have organised...
we land at girona airport late at night (11.50ish) and was wandering if there were buses at this time to either lloret de mar or de tossa, if so just some details...fare and freqeuncy??? thanky you!!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • doodybee's Profile Photo

Re: packing around girona

by doodybee Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 1:58 AM

try resorthoppa - if you are going soon this service should run until after the last flight lands at girona - don't think there will be any public service bus at this time - i may be wrong but i can't see it as the airport is only a smallish one and the staff will probably not need local services to the coast
    had the flight been landing earlier then there are public services

we used resorthoppa last october to pineda de mar( same area as lloret) and it cost about 33 gbp for two return tickets - picked up from arrivals and dropped as near to the hotel as the bus can get

Have fun
    Julie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: packing around girona

by spacehopper Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Hello,

I have just returned from Tossa de Mar and there are only 2 buses every day to and from Girona Airport. We got the same time flight as you are doing and got a cab to Girona (24 euros). Despite telling the hotel we were staying at that we would be arriving after midnight and them telling us it was open 24 hours, they were closed when we arrived and not answering the phone so we had to treck around for 2 hours trying to find another one within our budget.d

From Girona Airport to Lloret the bus times are: 9.30am, 11.00, 13.00,14.30,15.15,18.00,20.30, 22.30.

The same bus goes on to Tossa at 9.30 or 14.30 which isn't much use to you (8 euros single per person). There may be later buses direct from Girona itself to Lloret but only one daily to Tossa ( 18.30).

If you get to Lloret there are buses every 15 mins to Tossa during the day, Tossa is prettier, less brash and has really great food. Let me know if you want any recommendations because there isn't a Tossa page available on this site at the moment.

Maybe you could stay over in a hotel near the airport when you arrive and head off early morning if you are not interested in seeing Girona and its surrounds.

Have fun.

Spacehopper

• Re: packing around girona

by WayneTraveller Online Now Jul 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM

We just came from Costa Brava and used www.a2btransfers.com. We paid about £11 per person for our shuttle transfer from the airport. Very enjoyable and left us with no worries at all so we could just enjoy our holiday.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines