Girona Travel Answers

change location
aquilaqb's Profile Photo

Help with finding cheapest transport from airport BCO to Barelona city center

by aquilaqb Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Hello

I just booked a flight to Girona (GRO) and I would like to also visit Barcelona.

My flight arrives at 9:30 AM.

Can you please tell me what is the cheapest way to reach barcelona?
Is there a train (AVE, from the airport?)
or a bus/shuttle?

can you provide a link so I can book in advance?

thanks for any informations

p.

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Help with finding cheapest transport from airport BCO to Barelona city center

by leics Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Go to the English version of the airport website:

aena.es/csee/Satellite?pagen...

and click on 'practical information'.

There is no direct rail link, but there are several bus operators which are detailed and linked on the 'bus' page.

There is a bus service from the airport to Barcelona, taking 1h 10m.

http://www.barcelonabus.com/

I don't think you can book online.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: Help with finding cheapest transport from airport BCO to Barelona city center

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Having used RYANAIR a couple places, there has always been bus transport right outside the doors to the nearest city center.
    When I flew out of Girona, though, we had friends drop us off, so I didn't use it there, but I am sure it will be no problem.

• aquilaqb's Profile Photo

by aquilaqb Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Thanks for the links..

I checked ryanair shuttle services and they are awfully expensive! 226US$ from GRO to BCN Hotel AB Skipper :( It's more than the airfare...

Isn't there a cheaper way? say I take cab downtown Girona, is there a regular bus ride I can take that will go to Barcelona? something in a big coach air conditioned bus ? I gus this will be cheaper than 100US$ per person for a one hour ride!

Is there a link to a regular bus services?

thanks for your help

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I think you have made a mistake somewhere....or the website is failing.

There is no way a Ryanair bus would be that expensive. 22.50 euro would be more than I'd expect, never mind what you quote. Ryanair is a budget airline; it would make no sense whatsoever to charge passengers a fortune to get to Barcelona from Girona.

The www.barcelonabus.com website is playing up at the moment. Can I suggest you try it again tomorrow? I notice that there is an online puirchase facility 'vendo online'.

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/...
    will give you transport options from Girona airport to Barcelona. From a quick scan, the bus costs €12 for a one way ticket, and €21 return.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM

That sounds about right to me.......

• aquilaqb's Profile Photo

by aquilaqb Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 4:32 AM

yes... I found the 12Eur tickets and I have enquired as to how to proceed to buy tickets in advance just to make sure I have room on the correct bus.

thanks for your help it was re-assuring ;)

cheers!

p.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 7:25 AM

I used GRO airport quite a few times (I do live in Barcelona so it's handy for some destinations) and the Sagales Buses (also known as Barcelona Bus) are the way to go. Clean, comfortable, cheap and reliable

I do not think it's possible to book in advance, anyway it will make little sense: the tickets do not have assigned seats, first arrived, first served. So, even when you have a ticket (as I had on my return trips) you have not a guaranteed seat in a certain bus. Just follow the crowd and buy your tickets at the booth next to the luggage claim area upon arrival. In the very worse scenario you should have to wait 15-30 min to the next bus (but this is very unlikely unless you manage to get lost in a very small airport ;-))

• unaS's Profile Photo

by unaS Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Belsita -
    Are the Sagales Buses also best for a day trip to Girona from Barcelona, or do they go only to the Girona airport?

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM

I only used the Sagales buses for going from/to GRO airport

when visiting Girona, I always use the train: every 30 min and only 6.20 or 7.05 € / way (depending on the type of train)

• unaS's Profile Photo

by unaS Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Right. Good to know. Thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines