Girona Travel Answers

change location

Are there any organised tours from Girona to Dali sites?

by kuepper Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm thinking of going to Girona for a short break and I'd want to visit the Dali museum in Figueres and othe Dali sites in the area at Portlligat and Pubol Castle. I dont drive but the only tour I can find that visits these sites is from Barcelona which is an hour in the opposite direction.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • alza's Profile Photo

Re: Are there any organised tours from Girona to Dali sites?

by alza Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Hi kuepper,

I see what you mean about tours all starting from Barcelona, when searching the web quickly. Got the same results with a very summary search.

But I found info indicating that yes, you can organise your excursions to Figueres, Portlligat and Pubol Castle directly from Girona. You don't need to take organised tours, but you can if you wish.

1st useful link below is Girona Turisme in English. Read it through and write them if necessary for latest practical info. They mention that they provide help to plan your visits in the area (including info on tours.)

2nd link below is the Salvador Dali Foundation. It details all you need to know about all Dali sites you mentioned.

My own guidebook indicates that there are trains and buses from Girona to Figueres and Portlligat. For Pubol Castle, the Dali Foundation site will provide info on how to get there (if I remember what I just read there.)

I hope this is useful. Have a nice break in Catalunya!

girona.cat/turisme/eng/info2...

salvador-dali.org/museus/en_...

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vitorfvalente's Profile Photo

Re: Are there any organised tours from Girona to Dali sites?

by vitorfvalente Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I know there're tours from Barcelona. Not sure about Girona.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines