Ginestar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Noddy train around Calella

Calella de Mar Aug 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Is there a hop on, hop off train that goes around Calella please? How much and what is the route. We will be staying at the Hotel Bernat II. Thank you.

more
    • Possible first time visitor

Malgrat de Mar Sep 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Thinking of coming for the first time to Malgrat de Mar with my wife was wondering if this resort would suit us we like relaxing on the beach during day and eating out and a few drinks at night hopefully with some entertainment throwing in we like walking about seeing the town and what it has to offer. We would also like to visit Barcelona by bus or train what ever is easiest. Your advice and comments would be gratefully accepted.

more
    • Nightlife in L'Estartit

L'Estartit Aug 31, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Hello! This is a quick question about the nightlife in L'Estartit at the end of May. Me and my friend visited L'Estartit at the end of July to the beginning of August and had a great time going to the clubs at night as it was busy and the atmosphere was great. Because of university and family commitments, next year we can only come at the end of May. Could you tell me what the nightlife is like at that time of year? Is it busy and are the clubs still open? This is pretty much the only reason we'd be going for, the nightlife. Thank you!

more
    • PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Gluten free food at Barcelona airport

Barcelona Aug 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Hi there! I'm travelling through Barcelona Airport Terminal 1 on Tuesday and I have a four hour lay over. Does anyone know where I can get any gluten free food there? I'm coeliac and last time I was there I really struggled to find anything to eat.
      Any advice gratefully received, thanks!

more
    • Girona airport bus ticket office

Girona Yesterday

hall my friends. Can you tell me pls if the bus ticket office is inside the airport building or outside? Is there anything in particular that I must have in mind or notice for buying the ticket and finding the correct bus? Thank you very much.

more
    • mcloughv's Profile Photo

Getting from Salou to Barcelona and back again

Barcelona Sep 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Hi, I can't get onto the Renfe website. What time is the last train to Salou from Barcelona leaving from ESTACIO DE FRANCA on a weekday.

Is the bus a better option?

Valerie

more
    • Barcelona Card.

Barcelona Sep 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Does anyone know which is the cheapest internet site to purchase a Barcelona Card from. I notice that the price varies from site to site, Thanks for any help. biddie

more
    • Searching for something special! Please help!

Barcelona Sep 1, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Hello!
      I'm searching for a special "market stall" at the harbour of Barcelona! It sells something like "friendship bracelets" that are made of yarn. They are nothing special, but I'm searching for it, because I need it as a present! Everything I know is:

It's at the harbour.
      It's handmade (made of yarn).
      There has to be a homepage of this market stall.
      It's only open on the weekend!!

Maybe someone can help me!

more
    • Day trip from Barcelona

Queralbs Aug 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM

My friend and I will be in Barcelona from Nov. 22-28th. I would like to take a couple of day trips outside of Barcelona to get away from the busy City. I have been looking at Pyranees Mountains but I am not to sure if it will be worth it since it is winter time. I wanted to go from Barcelona to Vic,Ripoll,Queralbs, and Nuria. I was thinking of renting a car and just drive but I am worried about the time of year and snow. We may also take the train if it is easier but again not sure if it is a good idea to go at that time, Does train from Queralbs to Nuria run in the winter time? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks.

more
    • Train from Sitges to Port-Bou

Port-Bou Aug 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I am planning a trip on a night train from Port-Bou to Paris but I am to be starting from Surges. Is there a direct train from Sitges to Port-Bou or do I have to go through Barcelona to get to Port-Bou?

more
    • Kristina1701's Profile Photo

Things do to & weather

Sitges Aug 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Hello,

I'm thinking about a trip to Sitges in early October and have been wondering what the temperatures will be like and if it is still possible to go to the beach and swim in the sea around this time of year.
      Also, how long does the train ride into BCN take and about how much will it cost one way?
      What are popular places to visit and things to do in the area? (besides visiting BCN) I heard Tarragona would be quite nice but what else is there? Is Girona worth a visit (but maybe too far away for a day trip?)

Muchas gracias in advance! :-)

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Bus from the cruise ship terminal?

Barcelona Sep 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Has anyone taken public transit from the cruise ship terminal into the city? We were quoted $40 euros by taxi and I don't think our hotel is that far away. That seems fairly expensive to me, but maybe this is the going rate in Barcelona for a taxi?

more
    • jalalm6's Profile Photo

Bus to Barcelona from Lloret de Mar

Barcelona Aug 31, 2014 at 3:57 AM

Hi guys, I will be going to Lloret de Mar 1 hour north Barcelona next week and i need to know best and cheapest way to go to Barcelona for 1 day, Bus, Train or taxi and the prices. Your suggestion will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

more
    • danes0602's Profile Photo

6 days in Barcelona (Sept 19-24)

Barcelona Sep 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM

It's my first time to visit Barcelona and I found out that La Mercè Festival will be held during our visit! Anyone can give me tips on this festival?

For La Sagrada Familia, which facade is recommended? Passion or Nativity? The only suitable English guided tour I can schedule is 12:30PM then ends around 3-4PM. Wouldn't that be a crowded time to visit?

If ever Sagrada's schedule is fine, is it advisable to visit Parc Guell around 8AM? Would we have enough time? I read that you are only allowed 30 mins in the Parc, which route would you suggest, Sant Josep de la Muntanya, Carrer d'Olot or Plaça de la Natura?

Would you suggest getting a Barcelona Card or a Hola BCN! travel card? Then juat book our attractions separately? I've check that most found Barcelona Card as waste of money...

I also LOVE FOOD!! I'd love to hear suggestions for the authentic foods to try and where to try them out. What other food/activities/places not to miss and other tips you may have. :-)

Appreciate your time in helping me out! Gracias!

- Danielle

more
    • Coach travel from Barcelona to London

Barcelona Aug 17, 2014 at 7:42 AM

How can i buy coach tickets from Barcelona to London - I'm in Britain at present and have a flight to Spain but want to get the bus back - any ideas?

more
    • Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

12days Lisbon-Madrid-Barcelona.

Barcelona Sep 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM

We will fly into Lisbon, then fly to madrid, then take a train to Barcelona

The first day and last day are basically half days due to catching flights.
      Please advise how many days should be spent in each city and why?

Any other suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks

If we can spend an additional day or two where would you suggest we fit them in?

Thanks

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

How getting to Camp Nou?

Barcelona Sep 8, 2014 at 6:26 AM

We purchased tickets for a football game in December. I have been in Barcelona several times and also at the Camp Nou, but never on a game day. We will be staying near Urquinaona. What is the best way to get to the stadion by metro and/or tram? Walking from Palau Reial or Avinguda de Xile? How many hours shall we be there before to avoid the biggest rush?

more

Me again -- sorry, so many questions

Barcelona Sep 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM

I am overwhelmed by all the restaurant offerings. As we are only there for 2 days, we won't need too many meals. We are staying in central Barcelona near Passeig de Gracia. I need some suggestions for basic, reasonable restaurants. I hate to say it, but I am not the most "adventurous" person when it comes to food and I'm not a huge seafood fan. It looks like there is lots of seafood, squid, etc. in the restaurants. I am happy with tapas, meat, vegetable dishes, pasta, etc. (just not too crazy about all the fish offerings)

Mickey

more

What should we see in two days?

Barcelona Sep 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

We are arriving by cruise ship on Sunday, October 5th and will be flying back home on Tuesday, October 7th. We have such limited time in Barcelona and it's such a huge city. What should we absolutely not miss? Also, should we just purchase a metro pass and try to find things on our own or should we do the hop-on hop off bus thing?

Thanks for you help,
      Mickey

more
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

Aeri de Montserrat up and Cremallera down, where to leave my car

Monistrol de Montserrat Aug 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Hi, I will be visiting the Abbey of Montserrat on Monday the 29th of September.I ill arrive around noon. It will take me aprox. 4 hrs to get there from Carcassone. If I would like to use both possibilities to get up and down the mountain is that possible. Where should I leave my car? Is er a large distance between the two?.Txs for your kind answer.
      Louise
      Querria visitar Montserrat y usar la cremallera y la Teleferic - Aeri de Montserrat. Donde tendria aparcar el coche.
      Cual es la distancia entre ellos. Gracias por su respuesta. Louise

more
    • To the airport tomorrow - Sept 11th - National Day

Barcelona Sep 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I have an evening flight out of Barcelona tomorrow (Sept 11th) and was planning on taking the Airpot Bus from Placa de Catalunya around 4-5pm. Is that a bad idea? Should I go by train instead (from which station?) to avoid potential traffic problems? Thanks.

more
    • From Sitges to Salou monday 22.9

Sitges Sep 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Hello!
      How we get easily from Sitges to Salou on Monday 22.9.2014. What is the easiet way by train or by bus, and when are these leaving friom Sitges? (Between 11ma-14pm)
      (I cant read from my machine Renfe pages)
      I´m very thankfull for every answer:

more
    • carmena's Profile Photo

Outside Barcelona, Garrotxa area

Barcelona Sep 2, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Dear all,
      I need your help on a really tough endeavour: I would like to go on a trip from Barcelona, in one day, in Garrotxa area using local transport (no travel agency). I would like to visit the following villages: Besalu, San Pau and Castellfollit de la Roca, like I said in one day starting from Barcelona.
      Please advise exactly means of transportation (train + buses + at what hours), as I don't know the name of local bus agencies and cannot check on internet.
      Do you think I can do that? At least, maybe 2 out of 3.
      Thanks for your time, Carmen

more

Another Question Please

Barcelona Sep 7, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Can anyone suggest a nice bar where we can watch flamenco? Don't want a big touristy "show" with dinner or anything like that. Saw a couple of shows online, but they seem very touristy and huge. Would love to just have a nice glass of wine in a quaint little place and see some of this amazing and beautiful culture.

Thanks again,
      Mickey

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Transportation from airport

Barcelona Sep 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I'm planning the honeymoon for my son and his bride. Tickets are purchased and hotel reservations made at the AC Hotel Barcelona. They will be arriving around 8 in the morning. Will bus, subway or train be an option for getting to the hotel from the airport? They will be there from the 10th till the 14th of October, and any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

more