Gilze Travel Answers

change location
AC_spotter's Profile Photo

Airshow at Gilze-Rijen airbase

by AC_spotter Online Now Mar 27, 2005 at 5:21 AM

The annual open house of the Royal Netherlands airforce (RNLAF) of this year will be held at Gilze-Rijen. It will be held on the 17th and 18th of june, and admission is free of charge.
Confirmed for the airshow are, amoung others, the acrobatic teams the Red Arrows and helicopter team the Blue Eagles of the Brittish Royal air force. Also several solo displays of aircraft like both Dutch and Belgian F-16's, Swiss F-18 Hornet and Super Puma cargo helicopter, Belgian Fouga Magister and (for the last time before taken out of service) Austrian Saab Draken. A NATO E-3A AWACS will also be present.

I intend on going to the arrivals of the aircraft, which is one and two days earlier, the official show days and the departure days aswell, one and two days later. Will anybody else go to? And ifso, be interested in a small meeting?

Greetings,
René

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Imaniac's Profile Photo

RE: Airshow at Gilze-Rijen airbase

by Imaniac Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 2:11 PM

Hey Mr AC Spotter Man,

This looks great. I love air shows. And I actually think I'm still free that weekend. So I might come and stay with my sister's in Tilburg afterwards. Thanks for the tip !

But an AWACS? Come on, they fky over my house evry day. Well maybe that's cause I live so close to the American base. He he.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AC_spotter's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Airshow at Gilze-Rijen airbase

by AC_spotter Online Now Apr 7, 2005 at 11:56 AM

Hi, nice you might be going.
    I know, the AWACS not so special for me aswell as I see them frequently every year. But I wrote the topic for everybody who is interested, and the AWACS is well known. On the other hand I always like to see big military aircraft, especially if it has visual "add-ons".

Greetings,
    René

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines