change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• adeeltahir's Profile Photo

THINGS TO SEE IN GILGIT

by adeeltahir Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I am planning to visit Gilgit Hunza during mid August. Is it right season? I'll visit Sust boarder with China, Hunza valley, Attahabad Lake. I'll stay for 5 days so recommend me places to visit in August!
      I also have a plan to stay 2 nights at Gilgit and 3 nights at Hunza; is it ok?
      Thanks and shukria in advance.

more
    • adeeltahir's Profile Photo

THINGS TO SEE IN GILGIT

by adeeltahir Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I am planning to visit Gilgit Hunza during mid August. Is it right season? I'll visit Sust boarder with China, Hunza valley, Attahabad Lake. I'll stay for 5 days so recommend me places to visit in August!
      I also have a plan to stay 2 nights at Gilgit and 3 nights at Hunza; is it ok?
      Thanks and shukria in advance.

1 Answer Yesterday
    • UsmanK5's Profile Photo

Condition of Gilgit???

by UsmanK5 Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM

is it safe to visit giglit and Hunza these days???

1 Answer Sep 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • Tariqctl's Profile Photo

Hotels in Gilgit

by Tariqctl Online Now Apr 17, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Suitable hotel to stay with family.

3 Answers May 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    • Getting from Gilgit to Islamabad

by chadatcal Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Hello,

I will be traveling from Gilgit to Islamabad in the summer and had some questions.

Are there buses that go from Gilgit to Islamabad? How long do they take? Is the bus safe for foreigners?

I would appreciate any insight. Thanks in advance!

Chadatcal

5 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    • Tariqctl's Profile Photo

Visit to chitral, kalash, Nanga parbat

by Tariqctl Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I want to visit chitral, kalash, gilgit, nanga parbat (faiy meadows). want the details to attractive areas to visit in this region. and is this route is fine. and how can i travel from pindi or abotabae to this region. what the budget needed and whats the status of accomodation. I want to go there in august or september.

7 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 3:24 AM
    • babar_1's Profile Photo

Hunza with family

by babar_1 Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Is it feasible to travel to Gilgit, Hunza etc. with family of 2-3 children during June-July? what is the update on Attabad lake?

5 Answers Mar 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    • To Pakistan in may/2009

by Iskandarija Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Hi, we are group of six people and have a plan to go to Northern Pakistan via Islamabad, Peshawar and KKH to Kunjerab. I follow daily press in Pakistan, so I guess I know a bit what's going on there!? But we'll appreciate fresh information from people who are there, in Pakistan nowadays.
      Thanks

5 Answers May 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    • hi how much ios the ticket from gilget to china

by rumanadnan Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 6:09 AM

hi can any one tell me please how much is the ticket from pakistan to china bus service .thanks

2 Answers May 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    • wooodman's Profile Photo

Safety in Gilgit Area?

by wooodman Online Now Apr 9, 2008 at 12:33 PM

I am thinking of doing a mountain bike trip through Gilgit, Hunza Valley, Naltar, Ghizer Valley, Buni, and Chitral with a well established tour company and was wondering just how safe this area is? I am from the USA and all we here is the negative side of what is going on in Pakistan. I know there can be problems anyway in the world, but I’m just trying to put my mind at ease. So any info would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Wooodman

12 Answers Apr 27, 2008 at 2:19 AM
    • seeking advice for hotel accommodation

by cairoteachers Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 2:29 AM

My husband and I are planning on visiting Gilgit for a few days in Jan. We are wondering if you can recommend a clean, warm hotel for five days stay. Also, any advice on day trips, things to do, etc, will be greatly appreciated. My husband is somewhat familiar with the town of Gilgit. He lived and worked there on a student assignment ten years back. I am sure much has changed since then. Your updated information will be really helpful and we will be much obliged for it.

Thank you

5 Answers Nov 29, 2008 at 6:57 AM
    • Gilgit Flights

by kimneo Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 9:31 PM

Are there flights out Gilgit to Lhasa?

3 Answers Dec 12, 2006 at 8:00 AM
    • DavidRose79's Profile Photo

No question just thanks!!

by DavidRose79 Online Now Jun 23, 2004 at 6:06 AM

Many of you who read this forum might have noticed my questions in the last few weeks. Well I thought I would just write and thank you all for your help! I am now in Tashgurgan and am very sad to leave Pakistan. We had some excellent small treks in the Hunza valley, and met load of really friendly people, I have to say it has been the best bit of my travels so far (2 months in Pakistan and India!). Everyone was extremely kind, helpful and interested in us and it is very sad that there aren't more people going to the area... but I will spread the word!! Looking forward to going home now and updating my travel pages!!! Regards, Dave

4 Answers Jul 5, 2004 at 5:21 PM
    • DavidRose79's Profile Photo

Recent Troubles in Gilgit and Hunza Valley

by DavidRose79 Online Now Jun 8, 2004 at 2:18 AM

Hello, I am currently sat in Lahore about to travel north along the KKH but have just heard about the Shia demonstrations in Gilgit including the road blocks that they have made. The British Foreign Office have now upped their warning to all 'non-essential travel' in this area. Does anyone know what is actually going on, or maybe been there recently. Is it wise to avoid for the time being? Thanks! Dave

4 Answers Jun 20, 2004 at 12:09 AM
    • funtiger's Profile Photo

Kunjerab pass, Karakorum highway

by funtiger Online Now Jan 29, 2004 at 8:07 PM

China into Pakistan or the other way round? I'm considering to cross the Kunjerab pass on the Karakorum highway around Mai 1st. Now the last big constaraint is the possible snow cover and pass closure. Anyone knows some reliable sources where to enquire about the last few years, when the pass was repopened and what exactly are the criteria? Some insight would be great, thanks.

3 Answers Feb 12, 2004 at 7:31 AM