Gilgit Travel Answers

change location
Tariqctl's Profile Photo

Visit to chitral, kalash, Nanga parbat

by Tariqctl Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I want to visit chitral, kalash, gilgit, nanga parbat (faiy meadows). want the details to attractive areas to visit in this region. and is this route is fine. and how can i travel from pindi or abotabae to this region. what the budget needed and whats the status of accomodation. I want to go there in august or september.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • sdq's Profile Photo

Re: Visit to chitral, kalash, Nanga parbat

by sdq Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM

August and September will be a bit late try May June or even July as it starts to get colder and colder for a tourist to enjoy, your expenses depends on your luxuries but for a budget tour you'll need at least 25000 to 30000 per head approx.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bokhari76's Profile Photo

by Bokhari76 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Tariq Bhai, There are plenty of spots to see in this area. But I would like to know your trip duration (How many days you are going to spend in these areas). Because on that basis we can check which place to give priority and which to skip.

For example Kalash is spread into 3 valleys. If someone want to trek all these valleys, it needs 3-4 days to cover the whole valley. Other Important places to are Chitral Fort, Garam Chashma. If you have time you can go to Chitral National Park to see wildlife. Mastuj town is also a very picturesque

In gilgit you can enjoy trout fish at Sher Qilla. Gilgit bridge, Naltar Valley, Rock statue of Budha near Kargah Nala are famous places. Nanga Parbat Valley is also accessible from Gilgit.

• Tariqctl's Profile Photo

by Tariqctl Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Bokhari Bhai matter is that I will go there with my wife in the end of august. So nanga parbat is feasible for family . What your opinion if I also touch the sawat valley. I am confuse about this is a seperate route ( chitral, kalash and nanga parbat) from sawat. If I visit to sawat, kalam, malam jabba then its very change route from chitral to nanga parbat? In your opinion what is best, either go one intinerary of sawat or visit to chitral nanga parbat side. and third option is that i go to sawat ,kalam etc and from there to move chitral, kalash and then came back I have 7 to 10 days. And also give me idea about budget.

by Bokhari76 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Yes both are separate routes in a way. 7-10 days are average period for opting only one route. You can go to all locations but it would be very much tiring and it would be like just touch and come back.

If you are counting from KARACHI then subtract atleast 3 days. So you will be short of time to cover all places.

In my opinion Swat, Kalam is convenient & more enjoying for families than Gilgit & Chitral. But if you are planning to see Chitral, Kalash then you should go there.

Budget would be atleast Rs. 30,000/- per head as Sadiq Bhai advised.

by Tariqctl Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

What I understand your means to say that I can go Swat, Kalam after spend 2 to 3 days. I should move to Gilgit and chitral. All of these journey will required atleast 30 per head.

by Bokhari76 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:12 AM

No. I mean to say for quality travel choose one valley ONLY. Either Swat, Kalam, Malam Jabba OR Chitral, Kalash & Gilgit. Budget is for One week stay, Transport, food etc. You don't have enough time to discover so many places.

by Tariqctl Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Ok I got it, in sawat I have no need to hire any guide. transportation is easily available from the hotels. If i directly go to swat from daewoo? mnetioned budget is only for Swat Kalam and malam jabba? thanks alot and sorry for bother you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines