Gifu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Japan Return 10 Days

Japan 10 hours ago

I have been Japan before. I went Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka 8 days. It was a bit of a whistle stop tour. Would like to do similar tour plus other places not been to before. I can miss out Hiroshima. Thinking of Nagasaki, Fukuoka, Himeji, Nagoya. Tours, sights, bars restaurants etc. Can't read japanese so got lost everywhere i went. Any suggestions please. Probably get bullet train pass again. Last thing fly into Osaka KIX and out of Tokyo Narita middle Decemver

more
    • buffalohr02's Profile Photo

Travel from Naha to Urma

Okinawa Feb 12, 2015 at 7:06 PM

About how much would it be to take a bus or taxi from Naha Airport to Ishikawa Uruma-shi, Okinawa-ken 904-1106, and which way is better?

more
    • General information needed

Okinawa Feb 12, 2015 at 10:24 AM

I be will traveling to Okinawa for a couple of weeks and was wondering about cell phones. I mainly want to be able to contact others in my group when we split up and also be able to use maps and a translation app on my phone. I was wondering if there is good service through out the island. Also, I want to do some scuba diving, can anyone recommend a dive company that has English speaking guides.

Thanks

more
    • how to get aoyama gosho museum at tottori fr osaka

Tottori Feb 18, 2015 at 10:38 PM

hi me fr indonesia , i hv plan to go to aoyama gosho museum fr osaka , better riding a bus or train .btw I have JR pass, can i use it?
      tq

more
    • To watch Capital One Football Final at Wembly, UK on 1st.March 2015, between Chelsea and Totenham

Shinjuku Feb 17, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Im staying in Shinjuku area. Is there a Pub or Restaurant nearby where I can watch the above game probably at the early morning of Monday, 2nd. March. Japan time. Thank you

more
    • Visit Suzuka Circuit on a non race day?

Suzuka Feb 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Had anyone visited the circuit on a non-race day? is it worth going?
      I'll by passing by on my trip on april 5th. Wondering if i should drive by just to check it out. I've never been.

Thanks!

more
    • What area / street in Tokyo is this? (see image)

Tokyo Yesterday

Hi,

I went to Tokyo a couple of years ago and took this photo (attached). I've now made a big acrylic painting of it and now I want to know the name of the street, or at least the area.

Can somebody help me? I remember there was an indoor food market quite close to this and I think I bought some good sake bottles in this area as well.

more
    • Rental Accommodatio in Sakuragawa

Ibaraki-ken Feb 24, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I will be working as a teacher in Sakuragawa for a year. Should I live there or in Mito? Any suggestions?

more
    • From Hilton Shinjuku to Disneysea

Tokyo Feb 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi, wanted to know what is the best way to go to Disneysea from Hilton Shinjuku. Is it better to take a metro from Nishi-Shninjuku to Tokyo station and then take a JR train or is it better to take a metro from Tochomae to Yoyogi and take a bus to Disney Resort ? From Google Earth, I see that the Yoyogi station does not have overbridge. Does Yoyogi have a subway to cross the railway track ? Apology for asking boring questions, but small details help. Thanks in advance for the answers.

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Visiting Hiroshima, Kyote and Tokyo - travel advice please.

Japan Feb 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Hi,
      Some advice or opinions would be much appreciated. I am hoping to visit Japan for the second time in May, last time I only wen't to Tokyo. This visit I am planning to fly into Kansai Airport at Osaka and spend three days in Hiroshima and five days in Kyote before travelling to Tokyo for about a week then returning to the UK from Tokyo airport.
      The question is should I go to Hiroshima from the airport then visit Kyote and then onto Tokyo or should I first visit Kyote then Hiroshima and finally Tokyo.
      I would like advice on travel times and costs as well as what trains to take and if a rail pass would be a good idea as they only seem valid for certain rail lines.
      Thanks
      Tony

more
    • 2/3 Nights in Osaka

Osaka Feb 13, 2015 at 5:33 AM

I was in Osaka two years ago, only one day day so did not see it. This time im in Osaka for probably 2/3 nights. What do i need to see and do and eat and drink restaurants sights bars etc. That goes the same for Kyoto, Tokyo and maybe a few other cites too. I fly into Osaka and out of Tokyo 10 nights in total. I will probably get another bullet train pass

more
    • What to do in Odwara?

Odawara Feb 23, 2015 at 8:11 PM

What's the most interesting thing to do in Odawara if you only have a few hours?

more
    • English Pub called Footnik in Shinjuku

Shinjuku Feb 19, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Is there an English Pub, Footnik, where they show football games live on big screen in Shinjuku? Thank You

more
    • Tokyo Weather in March

Tokyo Feb 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Hi, I will be in Tokyo (with my wife and a 9 yr old son) from 14th - 21st Mar and in Kyoto 21st Mar - 27th Mar. I see that the temperature varies between a max of 13 deg and min of 4 deg celsius. Does it mean that reasonable amount of winter clothing will be needed ? Also I see that the rainfall increases markedly in March from Feb. Does it mean I should expect most of the days to be rainy / cloudy ? Also when it rains, does it pour (like Monsoon in India) or is it more like a drizzle ? Also should I take one of the Mt Fuji trips from Tokyo in case expecation is that the mountain will hide behind a cover of cloud ? Apology for so many questions but given that all are related to weather, though I should ask them in one place. Thank you for your help in advance.

more
    • megscharpf's Profile Photo

itinerary suggestions

Japan Feb 24, 2015 at 8:05 AM

Hi I could really use some advice on an itinerary!! We are a family of four going to Japan in June 4 weeks . I'm very excited! Tokyo, climbing Mount Fuji (we are experienced hikers) Kyoto are on the list, we plan to get the rail passes for 2 or 3 weeks. We have two teenage boys and we heard there's amazing theme parks too (but from the Los Angeles area so we're not interested in Universal Studios / Disney Land) we love nature, adventure , hiking , culture, architecture and food!! I need a sample itinerary and also... should we include Okinawa?

Thank you so much!
      Any advice/favorite places restaurant etc. very much appreciated!
      Meg

more
    • kcnaguit's Profile Photo

train tickets

Tokyo 10 hours ago

hi! is there a train ticket for tourists that can be used around tokyo for 7 days?
      thanks

more
    • When to go??

Japan Feb 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM

I'm travelling to Japan later this year - I've had to change my travel dates, and have been offered either Mid June for 10 days, or early December for the same amount of time. I intend to take lots of photos, and have heard June is generally overcast and rainy, whilst December can be bright and dry?
      I would be travelling to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, Osaka and Hiroshima. Any suggestions on the best time to go?

more
    • tokyo/kyoto/osaka

Japan Feb 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM

we are in late 70s, healthy, do not like long walk/hike, on budget, want to see part of Japan on 4/30-5/10/15, where should I start, tokyo/kyoto/osaka; definitely want to go Mt. Fuji; any suggestion on each place the cheapest means of transport; in/around; how many days in each area? if possible, come in/out fr/to USA same airport thank you. connie/kerry

more
    • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Things to do and explore in the Gifu City area

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Dec 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

My daughter is heading to Gifu City early in January and will be living and working there until the end of March. She'll be busy during the week but have time to poke around on the weekends. She won't have a car, so she'll be reliant on public transport.

She lived in Japan for most of a year 6 years ago, so she's been to the various well known (and lesser known) sites all over Honshu, so the usual tourist spots are not high on her "to-do" list. Any suggestions of things to do and places to go?

8 Answers Dec 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM