Gibraltar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shopping in Spain & Gibraltar

Gibraltar Mar 27, 2014 at 2:37 AM

I will be visiting Spain & Gibraltar soon. I would like to know whether there are any good clothes shops in Spain & Gibraltar that anyone would recommend. Maybe a non-household name where you can get fashionable, good priced clothes etc.

more
    • Transport Museum

Gibraltar Mar 21, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Where is the Transport Museum in Gibraltar,opening times and admission charges?

more
    • Recommendation

Gibraltar Mar 25, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hello!

My wife and I will be in Gibraltar next april 30th. We will have a car, but I read that it is not wise to enter Gibraltar with one (due to alleged long entrance queues, high parking fees, etc.)

We will be only one afternoon and would like to walk along Main Street, from Casemates Sq. to Governor House

After that, I would like to go to:

1. Ape's Den
      2. The Rock itself
      3. Siege Tunnels

You may help me telling me if:

1. Is there enough time in one afternoon to do that?
      2. Is it possible to take a taxi around Main St. and ask the driver to go along Ape's Den, The Rock and the Siege Tunnels? Would it be too expensive?

I will welcome any suggestion!
      Thanks,

more

Popular Gibraltar Travel Answer Locations

• Shopping in Spain & Gibraltar

Gibraltar Mar 27, 2014 at 2:37 AM

I will be visiting Spain & Gibraltar soon. I would like to know whether there are any good clothes shops in Spain & Gibraltar that anyone would recommend. Maybe a non-household name where you can get fashionable, good priced clothes etc.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    • Recommendation

Gibraltar Mar 25, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hello!

My wife and I will be in Gibraltar next april 30th. We will have a car, but I read that it is not wise to enter Gibraltar with one (due to alleged long entrance queues, high parking fees, etc.)

We will be only one afternoon and would like to walk along Main Street, from Casemates Sq. to Governor House

After that, I would like to go to:

1. Ape's Den
      2. The Rock itself
      3. Siege Tunnels

You may help me telling me if:

1. Is there enough time in one afternoon to do that?
      2. Is it possible to take a taxi around Main St. and ask the driver to go along Ape's Den, The Rock and the Siege Tunnels? Would it be too expensive?

I will welcome any suggestion!
      Thanks,

10 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    • Transport Museum

Gibraltar Mar 21, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Where is the Transport Museum in Gibraltar,opening times and admission charges?

8 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Getting from Gibraltar cruise port to Algeciras train station

Gibraltar Mar 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM

If I'm at the port how is it best to find the bus station to take me to Alceciras train. I want to go to Ronda for the day .
      How much time to I need to get to the train, given that I have some customs issues from Britain into spain? Is it the same with customs on the way back? How long should we allow and is it different if we're on foot vs taxi?

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • border delays

Gibraltar Feb 28, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Is there a site where I can check if the Spanish are making excessive delays at the border. We live in Portugal drive a Portuguese car and have never been stopped at the border before.

7 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • Where to stay

Gibraltar Feb 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Would you recommend staying overnight in Gibraltar itself of nearby in Spain and just spending the day there?

3 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    • Airport parking

Gibraltar Jan 30, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I have heard the car park is closing soon is that right as we are flying from there for 2 weeks in UK soon

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM
    • susiegranholm@hotmail.co.uk

Gibraltar Jan 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I am partially disabled. I would like to fly to Gib, and the taxi driver says he will meet me on the Spanish side. How far is it to walk once I am off the plane, over to the Spanish side?

3 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • Food stuffs

Gibraltar Jan 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I hear that meat and diary products are being confiscated at the border by the Spanish customs - is this correct?

1 Answer Jan 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    • Day trip to Gibraltar

Gibraltar Jan 21, 2014 at 5:56 AM

We are staying in Spain with a hire car and are planning a day trip to Gibraltar, what is the best way to visit - driving or public transport?

6 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    • Buses from gib to estapona

Gibraltar Jan 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Please can anyone provide the cost and timetables for the buses from gib airport to estapona and return

Thank you

3 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • what to do whilst visiting a friend?

Gibraltar Jan 8, 2014 at 1:59 AM

i am travelling to Gib at the end of january to visit a friend. my friend will be working whilst i am over there so looking for a bit of advice of how to spend my time?
      i am renting a car to explore both Gib and the spanish side so where can i go that will excite me?

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • Border Crossing Dispute

Gibraltar Jan 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Are there still problems crossing the border? I haven't read any reports in the press(in UK) for a while so just wondered what the current situation is Many thanks Malcolm

1 Answer Jan 8, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • duty free prices 2014

Gibraltar Jan 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM

does anybody know where i can find an online price guide for duty free in gibraltar has i'm travelling there in a few weeks
      kindest regards
      mat

2 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • xazy's Profile Photo

Gibraltar new car park

Gibraltar Dec 14, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I want to park my car in the new car park for a couple of months. Does anybody know how much and how to book in advance or even the phone number. I tried a number ends in 202 on saturday but there was no answer. Thanks

• which side is best to stay on

Gibraltar Nov 30, 2013 at 2:55 AM

we are fling in jan 2014 for 2 nights we are flying into Malaga sat teatime and getting taxi down into Gibraltar then flying out of gibraltar on the Monday but are we best staying on the linea side or better staying in Gibraltar due to going through border control 4 times aday to get back to hotel in linea. thanks angela

1 Answer Nov 30, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • Using euros at shops and restaurants

Gibraltar Nov 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Is the Euro widely accepted in the shops and restaurants? Would we lose a great deal in the exchange other than the obvious bank rate difference, in other words, do the shops etc. charge an addition fee to the exchange rate.
      Thank you

3 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • Linea/ Gib current access through tht border.

Gibraltar Nov 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

If I move to the Linea and commute to Gib by foot/bike will it take me long to get through customs?

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    • HANDICRAFTS AND CURIOS

Gibraltar Oct 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hi, are shops retailing handicrafts and curios (carvings) in Gibralter?

• Border control

Gibraltar Oct 24, 2013 at 4:36 AM

hello could someone please help me,
      i like to go to Gibralter every now an then,
      but someone said you have to pay €50 to get in and out....is this true?

thanks in advance

3 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    • christmas shopping on a Sunday

Gibraltar Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I will be in Gib for just one day - the sunday before Christmas.

can I expect shops to be open? will I be able to buy cheap spirits?

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    • residency in Gibraltar

Gibraltar Sep 8, 2013 at 5:12 AM

My father was born in Gibraltar in 1919 and resided there until the family relocated to the UK
      in 1933. Technically I qualify to be a Gibraltarian by virtue of my father's place of birth, and
      I am inquiring whether or not I require 3yrs residency in Gib to buy certain properties should I
      relocate there in the future

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • shopping main street

Gibraltar Aug 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

there is a shirt shop in main street that sells collared type shirts (there was also one in caditz so Im assuming its a chain of shop?)

Does anyone know the name of it?

Much appreciated

1 Answer Aug 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    • Leaving Gibraltar airport on foot to get a taxi

Gibraltar Aug 21, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Can anyone let me know if there is a problem walking out of the airport and across the border on foot and then getting a taxi to Marbella on the Spanish side?
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    • is there a pc city?

Gibraltar Aug 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM

is there a pc city in gibralter

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • Walking from Gibralter Airport to Car Hire in Spain

Gibraltar Aug 10, 2013 at 3:22 AM

With the present problems with the border crossing is there a delay in walking across to the Spanish car hire companies

1 Answer Aug 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    • Driving across the border, parking??

Gibraltar Aug 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM

What is it like, in today's climate, for driving across the border, finding somewhere to park, and visiting for the day. Would you recommend getting accommodation in Gilbraltar, or going back into Spain for accommo, with regards to availability and price. We are 2 Canadians. We will be in that area, with a rental car, around mid Sept. Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    • walking over border

Gibraltar Aug 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Just wondering if there is any trouble walking over the border at the moment? I know there has been huge border queues lasting up to 6/7 hours in recent days. However, does anyone know what is the deal with crossing the border on foot? I have a flight booked for mid-August and am slightly anxious!

5 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM
    • Tabbaco Allowance

Gibraltar Jul 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM

I am on holiday in Gibraltar soon I know the restrictions on bringing cigarettes back home to the UK but does anyone know if you can go into Spain and bring your EC allowance back into Gibraltar then back home to the UK, as my thoughts are that the duty etc has been paid in Spain and as products are cheaper in Gibraltar then it can't be classed as smuggling for profit.

1 Answer Jul 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    • VISA REQUIREMENT

Gibraltar Jun 17, 2013 at 4:48 AM

Can I visit Gibralter if I have EU RESIDENCE CARD and MULTIPLE ENTRY SHCENGEN VISA?

6 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM