Gibraltar Travel Answers

change location

Car Breakdown Insurance

by gymcrazy Online Now Jan 27, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Another question from me!!

As you know I have just moved out here and I am a little concerned especially when driving in Spain that I do not have any car breakdown Insurance, I was always covered by the AA in the UK. Does anyone have any details of any companys I can get car breakdown insurance with whilst driving in Spain and also is there a problem with me having a Gibraltar address and getting breakdown insurance for Spain??

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Homer_Simpson32's Profile Photo

RE: Car Breakdown Insurance

by Homer_Simpson32 Online Now Jan 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Contact your Gib car insurance and ask them for breakdown service in Spain, they usually can offer it. My car insurance uses CAP ARAC, which is supposed to be one of the best in Spain. They charge something like £25 a year. Depends on the policy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Car Breakdown Insurance

by gymcrazy Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Thats great thanks, unfortunately I am under my UK insruance until March but will def do that then as I am convinced i'm going to be stranded on the motorway!!

Out of interest for the time being if I was to breakdown what would ii need to do?

Thank-you for answering all my questions its really appreciated!!!

• Homer_Simpson32's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Car Breakdown Insurance

by Homer_Simpson32 Online Now Jan 28, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Well just now, if you where to break down in Spain, you would have to pay for the Tow service yourself, which is expensive. Even though that you do not have Gib Insurance just now I would go into the different insurance companies in Gib and just ask them for Breakdown service in Spain, explain that you have your UK insurance until March, but you just want breakdown insurance in Spain. The breakdown insurance that most of the companies issue is from CAP ARAC in Spain. They give you the documents in your name and your Gib Address. Also a card with a number to call in case of a breakdown. Have a look in the yellow pages of the Telephone directory to find insurance companies. Another possibility (I am just guessing) is to find out if your current AA in the UK can offer you cover in Spain through an affiliate for an extra charge, they sometimes have European cover.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gibraltar Travel Answer Locations