Ghana Travel Answers

change location
raykey's Profile Photo

Cote D'Ivoire to Togo

by raykey Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Hi,
Has anyone done the trip along the coast from Cote D'Ivoire to Togo.

Which is the best way to do it and what is the distance, also how long would it take, for instance by bus.

Many thanks.

Raykey.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • juliogg's Profile Photo

Re: Cote D'Ivoire to Togo

by juliogg Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Hello Raykey. My friend and I made the drive last june. We were not able to deplane at Abijan because they would not issue us a visa upon arrival. We flew to Accra and did the drive from there all the way to LAGOS, Nigeria. We rented a car with a driver for 5 nights (500 dlls) to Benin. Road was very good. All super paved. In TOGO, go to togoville (island where voodoo began) In BENIN go up to ABOME for the voodoo and castle museum where trhone on human skulls is. (3 hr. drive from the coast road.) Border crossings are right out of an INDIANA JONES MOVIE. You can get visas at the crossings. If you can get them before, then even better. In Benin GO TO the Fethis Market. It is something to see. If you do the drive from Benin to Lagos, you will need a different car and driver. (one from the area.) Our Ghana driver would NOT go. He was afraid of Lagos road. Between the border and Lagos (44 military road stops) From Accra to Benin road is so good that a FERRARI can do it. And it is NOT right next to the ocean. Its a few miles in. If I can be of additional help, I will be glad too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Ghana Travel Answer Locations