Gettysburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurants

New Hope Dec 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM

What's the best place to eat in this area that's not real expensive?

more
    • If you knew a particular area was dangerous, would you post the information here?

Phoenixville Dec 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I have lived in Phoenixville for many years. Unfortunately my experience has been horrible. Shortly after moving to Phoenixville my wife and I learned that the neighborhood was overrun by drug dealers and drug gangs. Our stance on illegal drug activity made us targets. I am now being targeted by Organized Stalkers (aka Gang Stalking). I am harassed 24/7, have had my property vandalized on a regular basis and have had to install security cameras around my property. I will not go into further detail. If you come to Phoenixville you are placing yourself at risk. There are people here that have no regard for the law and they are plentiful. Google Phoenixville Drug Arrests.

Should I post this in the general comments area so that people considering coming here are aware of the consequences?

more
    • Gettysburg picnic

by Cranberry123 Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Will we be allowed to stop for a picnic while doing a self guided tour of the gettysburg battlefield? Are there covered pavilions with picnic tables? Are there any playgrounds for toddlers along the route?

3 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Xtreme ghost hunt

by Ffdemt114 Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM

They brought us to a "farmhouse" that was supposedly a field hospital during the battle of culps hill (right off Baltimore tpke) doing some research it's not listed anywhere. So just curious if we've been had lol

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    • State Memorials

by Heartlandtourist Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I have read that each state that participated has a memorial in Gettysburg. Is this true?
      I particularly am interested in the Missouri monument.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    • a B&B to stay

by dharhay Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Were going to Gettysburg end of July. Where is a cute B&B to stay? We will be going on Segway tour of the Battlefield and also going to Museum. Gettysburg Brewery at night. What do any of you suggest? Thanks.

Dave

• Most Paranormal B&B in Gettysburg?

by mojomama13 Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Please someone end my misery of unaccomplished searching of where to stay in Gettysburg. I want to know what place has the most paranormal activity,is it Lightner bed and Breakfast, Doubleday Inn,Cashtown Inn,or the Baladerry Inn with Suzanne's "wonderful 3 course breakfasts" . I want to know where you out there,have had yourselves some paranormal activity.

These are my 4 final choices. Please do not mention Farnsworth.I will not ever stay there. Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    • monument markers

by rena1278 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM

My family took a trip to Gettysburg last summer and LOVED it!! I took a ton of pics of monuments and such and some of the placards that the NPS put up explaining certain things, like the Breatsworks and the Valley of Death. But now that I am getting to scrap booking the photos I have found that some of the edges of writing were cut off. Anyone know of a website that has pics of these maybe so I can include all the writing in my scrapbooking? Thanx a Ton!!

3 Answers Jun 16, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    • Restaurants

by Leming Online Now Feb 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I am bringing a group of about 40 people into town and I need a place to eat where they can hold all of us at once. Any ideas?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    • mrsmig's Profile Photo

Gettysburg for Valentine's Day?

by mrsmig Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM

My husband recently expressed a desire to visit Gettysburg again (we haven't been in a long while, and then just on a day trip). I thought it might be fun to visit over the Valentine's Day weekend, which is also the weekend of his birthday.

Is this going to be a good time to visit? I don't know if Gettysburg is considered a particularly romantic getaway, but one never knows. Should I anticipate crowds or anything out of the ordinary? I know it'll be cold and I'm prepared for that. Can anyone recommend a quiet hotel that's convenient to the battlefield, and is there a particular place to eat that would also be quiet but romantic and/or historic? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help and advice!

3 Answers Jan 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    • Holiday Inn...Gettysburg

by mooneysearch Online Now Oct 11, 2008 at 9:39 AM

When Was it built and DID they move the house Jenny Wade was shot in to build it?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    • carriage rides

by Israeltrip05 Online Now Feb 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Where does one go for a carriage ride in Gettysburg?

2 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    • Questions about a trip to Gettysburg!

by ElaineCatherine Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Hi

Im planning on taking my sons to Gettysburg for a little get a way over the Labor Day weekend. One of my sons is a huge Civil War History buff!

I wonder if anyone can tell me a litle about Gettysburg! - How far is it from Hershey? What's a good place to stay? And what are the best places we must see? Is it mostly bike friendly?

Thanks

Elaine

7 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 6:24 AM
    • Fionafrank's Profile Photo

lift to Washington DC on Friday?

by Fionafrank Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 4:36 PM

don't suppose anyone's driving to Washington DC on Friday afternoon/early evening? for me and my 15 year old daughter? Public transport seems to be a nightmare! Fiona-from-England

4 Answers Apr 28, 2007 at 6:30 AM
    • Apartment Help

by tjd180 Online Now Feb 27, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Im moving to Biglersville for work. I was hoping to find out how to get ahold of a farmer who has renovated barns/garage for boarders. We do this at my farm back in NW Pa and I know many farmers that do it as well. I dont want to live in the tradition apartment, preferring to spend most of my time outdoors. Renting an apartment on a farm is perfect for me. Anybody know who to contact?

1 Answer Mar 6, 2007 at 2:33 AM
    • Winter Visit

by JohnOrr Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 12:34 PM

Is going during MLK long weekend a bad idea? Is most evrything closed? Or is it not so bad an idea as it will be less crowded? Does anyone know how to find list of what is open?

Thanks in advance

JO
      Massachusetts

2 Answers Dec 26, 2006 at 6:21 PM
    • Need Directions

by BettyLou303 Online Now Aug 6, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Can someone please give me detailed directions to the SACHS COVERED BRIDGE from the Abbottstown Square?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2007 at 10:30 AM
    • irisha's Profile Photo

Housing

by irisha Online Now May 5, 2006 at 6:50 AM

I'm planning to work in Gettysburg this summer (June 1-September 30, to be exact), however, I haven't found a place to live yet. I tried searching for apartments to rent online, but so far nothing comes up and I'm not sure I'll be able to find anything. Two other students will be arriving shortly after me, so we would like to rent an apartment or probably a small house together.

Any information on who directly I could contact or where I could look for an apartment/house would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
      irisha

2 Answers May 18, 2006 at 1:46 PM
    • Too crowded in early July?

by karenhill Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 2:02 PM

Thinking of visiting in early July; first time since childhood for me, first time ever for my husband and 11-year-old daughter. Too crowded, or the best time to be there?

2 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 10:44 PM