Geraldton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Seakayaking

by lizzylight Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

is there anywhere to learn sea kayaking nr Geraldton?

• endlesstravelandfun's Profile Photo

perth to pinnacles to geraldton

by endlesstravelandfun Online Now May 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Hi I am from Sydney & need your help to find the best way to travel to Geraldton and if possible see the pinnacles. Thanks.Shon

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    • Ideas and options

by MalH Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Finally got our trip for next February sorted. Driving to Denham by hire car and accommodation there rented for 3 nights. A few questions to help with planning what to do.

Presumably the road from route 1 to Denham and on to Monkey Mia is metalled and suitable for a rental car?

After leaving Denham we have 7 days to get back to Perth. Is it worth trying to work in a couple of days each at both Kalbarri and Geraldton?

Is it best to travel the Perth-Geraldton sector on the new Indian Ocean Drive or stick to route 1?

Where else on the new highway is worth a couple of nights?

3 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Excursion difficulty

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I have booked an excursion from Geraldton (which is a tender port) to the Kalbarri National Park. This excursion is listed as Moderate difficulty. I usually stick with the Easy ones because walking is difficult for me. (Not impossible - just difficult). But there were no Easy ones listed for this port. This is what the description says --- I do not see any particular exertion - what is going to be the problem. Is the 'exploring' of the park to be done on foot? If so, could my granddaughter go and leave me at the trailhead?

Board your air-conditioned bus and get ready for a day-long journey ...
      Travel north from Geraldton, passing the old mining town of Northampton and the
      Principality of Hutt River, Australia's smallest micronation. Pause for a
      refined morning tea as you enter the park at Hawk's Head Lookout....

Continue on your journey exploring Kalbarri National Park. View dramatic gorges
      carved from the landscape by the Murchison River. See the park's steep ocean
      cliffs and rock formations including Pot Alley, Natural Bridge and Island Rock.
      Gaze across the rolling sand plains and take in the diversity and extent of
      wildflowers during winter months, when species like banksias, grevillias,
      kangaroo paws and featherflowers spring to life.

After your tour, you'll stop for a hearty lunch at the Black Rock Restaurant in
      Kalbarri. ... Then, enjoy free time to explore the charming streets of
      Kalbarri. Your return route passes the ruins of the historic Lynton Convict
      Hiring Station.

8 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    • Abrolhos Island Tours

by CAPPereira Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

We are a family of four looking for the most economical method of viewing these islands and would appreciate any feedback on this. A day tour would be just fine!
      Thanks,
      CP

5 Answers May 16, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    • HI

by lewiss011118 Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I'm Taiwanese. I'm going to Geraldton 14th of August .I would like to know how much the YHA's twin room per night.

1 Answer Jul 24, 2010 at 1:48 AM
    • rachhpal's Profile Photo

geraldton

by rachhpal Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 7:38 AM

In few days I am going to visit geraldton. I wish to know about geraldton. Please email me about geraldton

1 Answer Feb 23, 2007 at 11:15 PM