Geraldton Travel Answers

change location

Abrolhos Island Tours

by CAPPereira Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

We are a family of four looking for the most economical method of viewing these islands and would appreciate any feedback on this. A day tour would be just fine!
Thanks,
CP

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • johnfromoz's Profile Photo

Re: Abrolhos Island Tours

by johnfromoz Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 12:28 AM

From what I can see most of the boat charters are for four-five days or you can fly there for one day.
    Check out this website
    geraldtonaircharter.com.au/t...
    They do one day tours which seems the cheapest option.
    Hope this helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 10:16 PM

My husband did a flight there from Geraldton and just loved it!! You'll have a fabulous time! :o)

• shaenj's Profile Photo

by shaenj Online Now May 12, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Certainly the cheapest way is to go with a professional cray fisherman for a few days. Unfortunately I believe the season ends on the 30th of June.
    I would do a little exploring and talking on the jetty amongst the fishing boats if I were you. Someone is likely to take you out if you strike it lucky.
    Otherwise it's a paid tour for you but given decent weather you won't regret the investment.
    Pristine is an over used word but applies in this case.
    A crayfish curry on Big Rat island, cooked in a fishing shack by the skipper is worth travelling for.
    Good luck.

• shaenj's Profile Photo

by shaenj Online Now May 12, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I forgot, the Carrier boat which takes supplies to the islands sometimes used to carry guests. Find it at the jetty and send the prettiest member of the family to ask for a ride.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now May 16, 2012 at 4:12 AM

What a shame Shaen.... that person has not come back on vt since he posted the question. And you had such helpful advice too. But never mind, your advice will still be here on vt for when someone else might need it. Welcome to vt and hopefully you can stick around and enjoy this great site. Don't forget to drop into the misc forums too sometime. We have a lot of fun on there. Cheers, Ann.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines