Georgia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• GUMA- georgian Union of Mountain Activists in Mestia

Georgia Apr 21, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Is this organization still active (on the website are details from the year 2007)?
      Did anyone have experience with this organization? We are interested in a tour with hiking in Svaneti, who has tips for a reliable mountain-trekking tour guide / local providers of Georgia? Thank you.

more
    • Qutaisi airport

K'ut'aisi Mar 26, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Maybe someone could help me regarding information - what kind of services provide Kutaisi airport - are there any shops, cafe, wi-fi at the airport etc.?
      thank you

more
    • senior travel in Georgia

Batumi Apr 19, 2014 at 1:21 AM

My husband and I,both in our 70's,are interested in touring Georgia for a week. Is it easy to make arrangements after arriving in T'bilisi?We usually do that on our travels so we can be flexible and get reasonable prices. Are Marshutkas comfortable?Or would it be possible to hire a car and driver if not too expensive? Would like to experience the culture and people of Georgia.We don't speak Russian but are fluent in English.We come from Israel. Would be interested in meeting Jewish community as well.Any info would be appreciated.Also good comfortable hotel recommendation.

more
    • Travel individually in Georgia

Georgia Apr 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Hello,
      we (3 adults) to attend Georgia 14 days in July 2014. Our ideas: Check in to Batumi, on the coast first 3-4 days relax. Then a tour of the country. Does anyone have experience with a local tour company or a reliable private driver?
      For the sea: what alternatives are there to Batumi (places and recommendation for accommodation). We like to travel individually, we would like to get in contact with the country and its people. We like to hike, interested in natural beauty, culture.

more
    • GUMA- georgian Union of Mountain Activists in Mestia

Georgia Apr 21, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Is this organization still active (on the website are details from the year 2007)?
      Did anyone have experience with this organization? We are interested in a tour with hiking in Svaneti, who has tips for a reliable mountain-trekking tour guide / local providers of Georgia? Thank you.

• senior travel in Georgia

Batumi Apr 19, 2014 at 1:21 AM

My husband and I,both in our 70's,are interested in touring Georgia for a week. Is it easy to make arrangements after arriving in T'bilisi?We usually do that on our travels so we can be flexible and get reasonable prices. Are Marshutkas comfortable?Or would it be possible to hire a car and driver if not too expensive? Would like to experience the culture and people of Georgia.We don't speak Russian but are fluent in English.We come from Israel. Would be interested in meeting Jewish community as well.Any info would be appreciated.Also good comfortable hotel recommendation.

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • Travel individually in Georgia

Georgia Apr 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Hello,
      we (3 adults) to attend Georgia 14 days in July 2014. Our ideas: Check in to Batumi, on the coast first 3-4 days relax. Then a tour of the country. Does anyone have experience with a local tour company or a reliable private driver?
      For the sea: what alternatives are there to Batumi (places and recommendation for accommodation). We like to travel individually, we would like to get in contact with the country and its people. We like to hike, interested in natural beauty, culture.

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    • Qutaisi airport

K'ut'aisi Mar 26, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Maybe someone could help me regarding information - what kind of services provide Kutaisi airport - are there any shops, cafe, wi-fi at the airport etc.?
      thank you

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • Hello from Georgia

Georgia Mar 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM

hello virtualtourist members! I'm new here and I'd like to help you :) is anyone going to visit Georgia? I'm ready to answer every question:)

8 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Tsiako's Profile Photo

Has anyone traveled to Georgia?

Georgia Mar 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Hello.
      I am a new member on Virtualtourist. I come from small country in the caucasus, called Georgia.
      Has anyone of you traveled to Georgia???
      Sincerely,
      Tsiako

9 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Walton8037's Profile Photo

Taking car to Georgia

Georgia Mar 2, 2014 at 4:08 AM

I'm thinking of taking a driving trip from the UK ending up in Georgia this summer. Ideally I would like to sell the car at the end fly back any help on doing this in Georgia would be appreciated.

Expect to have to pay some customs duties or something, but don't mind providing these are not rediculous as the car is only worth £1500. I gather there is now a free trade agreement between Georgia and the EU does this help?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • Leaving my camper (motorhome) behind in Georgia or Armenia for 6 months

Georgia Feb 3, 2014 at 7:21 AM

I am new to this forum and thought I might get an answer to my problem. We want to go to the east part of Turkey, Georgia and Armenia in mai/june and would like to leave the camper behind and fly back by plane to Holland. 6 months later we would come back and continue our trip towards Iran. As I understand the camper is registred into the pasport at entry of the country. Is it allowed to leave the country without the van? I looked at te possibilities to leave the van in Turkey, but as I understand know, this is not possible. Is this different in Georgia or Armenia? We would be very gratefull for anyone's help!

2 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Batumi Sights

Batumi Dec 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Arriving by cruise ship for 10 hrs, what are the main sights to see or can one and is it easy to do a walking tour

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • AnnaW29's Profile Photo

Ice-skating in Tbilisi

Georgia Dec 15, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Hi, I'm going to Tbilisi in March next year to visit some family, I'm a figure skater and I was just wondering if there are any indoor ice rinks in Tbilisi that I could go to practice?

(And are they open in march?) :)

Thank you!

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

WEATHER by 1st week of Dec 2013

T'bilisi Nov 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Can anyone tell me exactly what to expect on this date end of Nov to first week of Dec at T'bilisi?
      What would the weather be like? will there be snow at that time?
      Food?
      Is the place be more of same like in Turkey?
      Which place should i go for visit? not much interested in bars.
      Can anyone suggest about the 3-star hotel called Penthouse Hotel in District of Aviabari?
      Thank you - Thank you for your replies!

4 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    • Tbilisi-Batumi

Batumi Oct 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Hello

I would like to know, what is the best option to travel from Tbilisi to Batumi?
      I am with my wife and 2 children.
      I think to rent a car but not sure if it is best option.
      Your suggestions are welcome

7 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • middle of October weather

Georgia Sep 27, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Hi, we are planning to visit Georgia in the midd of October, but we are worried that the weather will not be good enough to travel to the mountains like Mestia.
      Do you know what the weather will be like? rains? snow?
      thanks!

3 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    • Rob61's Profile Photo

Food options

Georgia Sep 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My wife and I are vegitarians but we eat fish, will Georgia be a good place to visit Thank you Rob and Jill

4 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    • Rob61's Profile Photo

Acomidation and transport costs

Georgia Sep 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Please can you let me know the price of acomidation and transport eg: trains or busses, and what sort of weather can i expect in early November
      Thank you Rob and Jill

6 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • ainsleigh's Profile Photo

Travel to and from Mestia

Mestia Sep 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I'm planning to visit Georgia next year. Is it possible to travel by train from Batumi to Zugdidi, then by marshrutky on to Mestia? I can see this route on the general schedule on the Georgian Railways website but it doesn't come up when I search for tickets. Can this trip reliably be done in one day?

I'm assuming it's faster and easier to reach Mestia from Batumi, rather than from Tbilisi right? Any help is much appreciated!

2 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    • Hanka's Profile Photo

Road conditions between Batumi and Akhaltsikhe

Georgia Aug 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM

What is the road like between Batumi and Akhaltsikhe? Would I be better driving the long route through Tskaltsminda, Kutaisi, Khashuri and Borjomi?

2 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    • asiaminor's Profile Photo

Moving to Tbilisi

T'bilisi Aug 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Hey fellow VT's;

A friend is moving to Tbilisi for a year in september 2013 and he couldn't find any decent information about housing (prices per month and conditions) Heating systems in the apartments and the general living cost. Any information will help much.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Kazbegi hiking

T'bilisi Jul 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm heading to Kazbegi for a few days in August. I would love to do some hiking but I will be travelling light.
      A few questions:
      1) Will the weather be warm enough to not need anything to warm (maybe a simple long sleeve top) even if walking 'fairly high'(i say 'fairly high' as i am not experienced at anything higher than 2500m but am used to doing many hikes)
      2) Are routes clearly marked or should i bring a OS hiking map?
      3) Should i bring other proper walking gear, like proper boots, or are walking shoes adequate

Sorry questions may seen a bit amateur but am trying to travel light.

Thanks Dave

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • Tbilisi and batumi internet quality

Batumi Jun 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Can anyone tell me
      1. Is there a good 3g provider? Fees $?
      2. Are there many open wifi hotspots in public places?
      3. How easy is it to get an installed dsl connection if i rent an apartment long term?

• mohammedewad's Profile Photo

visit Tbilisi 1st time

T'bilisi Jun 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hi! I'm coming to Tbilisi with my friend on june 20th (2013) for a 10-day-trip. I would like to get to know someone local who could possibly show us around and have some nice time with! :) It's always nice to get to know new people around the globe! :)
      mohammedewad@yahoo.com

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    • I need to get in contact with a teacher or someone with an email living in the village of Kharagauli

Georgia May 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I need to get in contact with the people living in the village of Kharagauli:
      maps.google.dk/maps?q=Kharag...

I am planning a bicycle trip from Trabzon to Tbilisi for 3-4 persons in september.
      Can anybody help?

• I need to get in contact with a teacher or someone with an email in the village of Shuamta

Georgia May 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I need to get in contact with the people living in the village of Shuamta:
      maps.google.dk/maps?q=42.100...

I am planning a bicycle trip from Trabzon to Tbilisi for 3-4 persons in september.
      Can anybody help?

• MariC94's Profile Photo

The weather in Georgia

Georgia May 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I would like to know more about the weather in Georgia and when is the best time to visit

3 Answers May 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • lonley woman in Georgia

Georgia May 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

hi, i m coming for 4 days only to Georgia, i have flight to Kutaisi. I will spend 3 nights in Tbilisi and 1 night in Kutaisi before return flight.
      i want to ask about :
      it is not socially excepted for women to smoke on the street ?
      it is safe to travel alone there?
      somebody can advice me in some place to sleep in Kutaisi? not expencive and close to the city center or airport?
      i m 32 y.o. woman from Poland.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • batumi - sochi, by how?

Batumi Apr 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

hi! i'm traveling to georgia at september, i got flights to tbilisi and i was planning to jump on train and get my self to coast, Batumi. Now, starts my question.. Can I cross the border to Russia, on land or by ferry if i'm carrying finnish passport.. If by ferry, where I can find updated timetables? I would really appreciate your answers!! thanks :)

2 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Dance and music festivals - and weather....

Georgia Apr 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Hi - I am just starting to research Georgia (and finding that adding Caucasus does help me get out of the southern United States!) So I will start with my two most important questions. First, are their big or even small but nice traditional dance and music festivals? the tradition is spectacular, after all....I can suffer for art, so if it is in a hot steamy place but important, I can go - Secondly, monuments and natural sites can be visited of course any time. I gather that in the summer in the mountains it is nice, but otherwise can be quite hot. Are there cooler places with great architecture, etc? What would be the crowded summer places to avoid? Thanks,Jean

2 Answers May 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

transport to kazbek area and back.

T'bilisi Apr 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Any suggestions? Bus, taxi? Rates and awailabillity.
      Dose Anne know ifølge Youngstorget have to walk å Long way to see Therese Kazbek summit?
      How secure is the area ?

6 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • RGdeco's Profile Photo

:)

Georgia Mar 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I want to go around 6/10/13 for a few days.
      I will have to hire Jeep Cherokee four people.
      if there is someone willing jump out together?
      I am 45 years old, speaking in Russian, English, Polish
      I live in London.
      please write to email rgdeco@gmail.com

Rob

2 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • tatsi's Profile Photo

Georgian navigation maps for Garmin

Georgia Mar 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Is possible to buy georgian navigation maps for Garmin and where?
      I live in Slovenia.
      Thanks. Silvester

2 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM