Georgia Travel Answers

change location
JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Expenses and Cheaper Homestays

by JohnniOmani Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 8:02 AM

Good Day folks

does anyone have a realistic idea how much it cost to travel around Georgia and Armenia on a budget? My budget for Turkey is 20 euros a day and i seem to be around that each day for the past 12 days Istanbul included. Any idea about a websıte for homestays in georgıa?? thanks a million

johnny z

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • RE: Expenses and Cheaper Homestays

by fizzytom Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 3:47 AM

I've never been able to find a website but there are several mentioned on the Lonely Planet Guide to Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. We stayed in several (in Kutaisi and Telavi) and all the info was up to date. Armenia is prety cheap but the homestays in the capital are a bit pricier - you may have to do some good negotiating. Again, Lonely Planet lists several homestays for Yerevan; it also lists some "homestays" for Vanadzor in the norrth of Armenia - these are much more expensive than the last edition states and the ex-Soviet hotel in the town is a better deal.

WE spent three months travelling right round the Black Sea this summer so if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Expenses and Cheaper Homestays

by JohnniOmani Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 9:54 AM

thanks so muıch

do you have any info on cheap homestays in batumi or tblisı? i would appreciate any homestay info in georgia as we are going to batumi kutaisı tbılisı gori and kazbegi
    thanks a mıllıon

• RE: RE: Expenses and Cheaper Homestays

by fizzytom Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 8:20 AM

I stayed in hotels in Tbilisi, Batumi and Gori. The Hotel Turist in Gori is pretty cheap and not to be missed - the staircase and entrance is amazing! There is a homestay advertised in LP for Batumi - we looked at it but they had no had water and it is really much more like a hostel. If you have a LP I would also advise you give Hotel Lavro a miss - its grim and not at all like the book makes out. The beds are disgusting, the place stinks of urine and the noise goes on into the early hours (four a.m.).
    As a tourist you'll be approached by lots of English speaking young people in Tbilisi and they'll probably be able to help with homestays - lots of them claim to have their own "travel company" but in reality they are just very good guides and often know peeople who want to make extra money putting up backpackers.

• DovoftheGalilee's Profile Photo

Re: Expenses and Cheaper Homestays

by DovoftheGalilee Online Now Apr 13, 2007 at 8:06 AM

Thanks for the tip. Should that be "Tourist' or did you mean for it to read that way? In Gori that is.

• Re: Expenses and Cheaper Homestays

by fizzytom Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 6:00 AM

I'm pretty sure it's "Turist"

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Georgia Travel Answer Locations