Georgia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• relocating from new york

Atlanta Apr 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM

looking for a safe neighborhood with good transportation and near shopping stores preferably? 

1 Answer Apr 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM
    • The best places to live with a family.

Atlanta Apr 26, 2015 at 7:04 AM

What are the best and safest areas to live in if I have a young family?
      Thanks

7 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    • How "friendly" is Atlanta without a car?

Atlanta Apr 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Hi, I'm about to visit Atlanta for 2 days with my elderly (80) dad in mid May. I'm thinking about coming by Amtrak.
      Where will you recommend to stay if one want to stroll the sights and be back at the hotel for nap and off again in the afternoon? How good/frequent are the local buses?
      We need to be in the airport to NY ~7:30am what will be our options beside a cab?

Thank you,

8 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Stores that sell Car GPS near the Hilton, Atlanta Airport

Atlanta Mar 29, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Garmin GPS for using in my rental car (I am tired of hiring them, and feel that a purchase will save me a lot of money in the long run). Anyhow does anybody know if there are any stores that will sell them in close proximity to the Hilton Atlanta Airport?

12 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    • Anyone traveling to bangladesh from USA

Atlanta Mar 3, 2015 at 3:28 AM

i need to bring a special need feeder for my baby(only 3 month) who has feeding difficulties. It will be very helpful.

Thank you

4 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 9:26 PM
    • 7 days in GA

Georgia Feb 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM

we will be driving from mpls. mn. to Georgia in June. we enjoy civil war, beach and historic sites. Would you please recommend a nice place to stay near the ocean and some sites for us to explore. Thank you

4 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    • glenfinnanateastlink's Profile Photo

Airport transportation

Savannah Jan 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM

Can I take a bus from the airport to the bus station downtown? If so, how will I recognize it?

2 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • Moving To Atlanta

Atlanta Dec 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Is Murdock Rd area a good place for a family? I searched Google for fairy nice areas to live in, and this one was recommended.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    • I need answers

Atlanta Nov 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM

I am from Cleveland, Ohio and I want to move to Georgia. I want to be within 30 minutes of Atlanta and less than 3 hours away from Montgomery, Alabama. Where are some decent cities to stay that are affordable and suitable for a single female to live?

5 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 6:25 PM
    • weather info

Atlanta Nov 13, 2014 at 6:03 AM

I am traveling to Atlanta on 15 november to 5 December and I m little sensitive towards winter... Do I need to carry over coat or not

5 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Weekend before Christmas

Atlanta Oct 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM

We will be driving south and wanted to stop in Atlanta and be a tourist from about December 20 through the 23rd.

1) Parking -
      We found reasonable hotels with good prices downtown but parking fees were high. There were more reasonable hotels with free parking North of Atlanta near the metro. During the weekend could we find on street parking in downtown? Could we find weekend parking lots that are cheaper than $25 a night?

2) Subways -
      On the weekend and evenings do the subways run regularly? Will we regret not staying downtown?

3) Attractions -
      Our list of sights includes: World of Coca-cola, Civil Rights Museum, Altwood, CNN studio tour, Underground Atlanta. Is there any other must see? Anything special at holiday time?

4) Restaurants -
      We're foodies, any special local cuisines or restaurants that we should try? Loved Texas Tex-Mex and BBQ, Southern in Charleston, lobster in Maine. Atlanta specials might be??? Buckhead and Downtown restaurants?

Thanks so much in advance! Andrea

3 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM
    • Best LOCAL food restaurant

Brunswick Oct 19, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Where can I find the best LOCAL food ?

• Dek39's Profile Photo

Atlanta Downtown

Atlanta Oct 19, 2014 at 4:53 AM

We will be visiting Atlanta for 2 nights May next year. We are staying in the Hilton at the Airport, but plan to spend a day Downtown whilst we are there to see the Aquarium.
      Is Downtown Atlanta safe? Also looking at Google maps we will need to take the MARTA to get Downtown, is the MARTA safe?
      We have been to numerous cities in the US (San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, St Louis, Louisville, Nashville), and have never felt unsafe.
      Thanks

8 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • Witch_No1's Profile Photo

Question about Downtown Atlanta GA

Atlanta Oct 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hi, I will be traveling to Atlanta GA and staying in Hilton (255 Courtland St NE) and my destination is World Congress Center. Any tips here? Should I cab or is it safe to walk there (am before 8.00 am; in pm around 7ish one day and 9ish another)?
      Is it OK to walk thru the park, or better not?
      Any route you can recommend?Andrew Young? John Portman? I don't know how Atlanta is, but my city can literally vary block to block.
      Finally, any decent not-too-expensive eats in this area that you would recommend? I am looking for breakfast and dinner eats and I would love to try something other that "known" and "safe" starbucks or subway. Thanks A LOT for your input! Agata.

4 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    • travel shop in athens

Athens Oct 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi!
      Im planning to buy good tent for the winter and hiking shoes..
      Do you know good shop in athens for travelers products?

Thanks
      Lior

2 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM
    • Christmas "not-to-be-missed"?

Savannah Sep 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM

We will be in Savannah for a couple of days early Christmas week, 2014. Are any some special not-to-be-missed Christmas highlights that we should leave time for?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM
    • Internatinal flight leaving from domestic terminal

Atlanta Aug 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM

My international flight is leaving from A concourse in Atlanta, has anyone gone thru security in the domestic terminal for an internaitonal flight?

4 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • where to move to in atlanta

Atlanta Aug 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM

My boyfriend is moving to Atlanta middle of September for a 9 month internship, he hasn't had time to look for an apartment/flatshare, so I'm just trying to help out, his work is on the Interstate North Parkway, near Strayer University, I think. Can anyone tell me the best area to look for accommodation? Either close by, or easy commute. Obviously living in the UK and having never been to Atlanta, we are a little out of our depth. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • Any road rules for an Australian visitor in a car?

Atlanta Aug 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Sorry - I posted this as a comment when really it is a question. Well, I am an Aussie and I thought these reviews so scary they could not be true. So I tested the whole VT site. I looked for dangers in places in Australia that I knew. The biggest danger on the roads was hitting sheep or roos. In the water, sharks, the swimming sort not the human sort. People in Australian cities are described as I know the vast majority to be - friendly and polite, helpful. Not a big showing of the criminal or mean. Husband and I are taking a car tour of the deep south in October, and I am deeply disturbed by all I read here. Terrified actually. Am making sure my affairs are in order. Other than the Amtrak NO to Memphis, I can't convince him to take buses. Crikey. Any words of comfort? To make it worse, we'll be driving on what for us is the wrong side of the road. Not good for the locals or us. Any road rules we should know of?

20 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    • Rain, rain, rain

Blairsville Aug 18, 2014 at 6:58 AM

What to do on rainy days?

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • turtlelover's Profile Photo

coming to JI

Jekyll Island Aug 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM

When is the best time to visit Jekyll Island to view turtle migration, hatching, etc.

• Hotel Advice

Savannah Aug 7, 2014 at 7:38 AM

We will be a first time visitors to Savannah, staying 2 nights. In reading reviews etc. it looks like you have to at least see the River walk but its mostly tourist traps. I'd like a brief summary of what to do in a day (the must sees) and advice on a good clean Hotel centrally located. Thank you!!

3 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    • Looking for a Country Western Bar to dance.

Atlanta Aug 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I am traveling to Atlanta soon and looking for a place to enjoy line dancing and two stepping with people. When I lived in North Carolina these places were very easy to find but since moving to the Midwest I have not found a single place to go. Are there any of these types of places specifically around Roswell, Georgia?

• labor day weekend

Vogel State Park Jul 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM

we have not ever been to Vogal & we actually don't live far away. if we need a cabin for August 30-September 1st and we want our cabin to be on the fishing lake and we have 10+ people which cabin would best fit us?

2 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    • How Much Does Lake RBR (richard b russslle) cost????

Elberton Jul 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I need to know how much the lake costs if anything ......

1 Answer Jul 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • Kelmacmar's Profile Photo

Where to go and what to do in Savannah for one-night/day stay

Savannah Jul 22, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Hello! My fifteen-year-old son and I are driving to Charlotte from Fort Lauderdale next week and are planning to stop for the night in Savannah on the way. We should be arriving in Savannah between 4 and 5 p.m. and don't have a firm time to leave the next day. It's my first time in Savannah. Can anybody suggest any must-do's for us in the time we're there? We haven't booked a hotel yet, so we're open, but wherever we stay can't be super expensive, so I'm pretty sure the historic district is out. We both love to walk (although not so much in the sweltering heat and so, would rather get our walking in on the evening we get there) and love history, and we love eating, too. As a side note, I'm on a quest to run in all fifty states and plan to run while I'm there. Any suggestions as to where to do that? Again, that would probably be at night, too, in an effort to avoid heatstroke :)
      Thank you!

5 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    • What is the name of the bridge ?

Jekyll Island Jul 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM

What is the name of the bridge if you are looking from the left from the dock by the Jekyll Island Club?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    • wild adventures

Valdosta Jul 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Is it worth admission to wild adventures if it is raining?

• transportation

Georgia Jul 7, 2014 at 4:44 PM

what is the best,economical transportation from savannah airport to columbus,ga?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Jekyll Island Restaurants

Jekyll Island Jul 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM

What are some good restaurants in Jekyll Island, GA?

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM