Travel Answers
Georgia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• candmcode's Profile Photo

Tybee Island in March for a day trip, or for several days?

Tybee Island Jan 18, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Hi - We are flying into Savannah for 8 nights in mid March. Trying to decide if we should stay in one place in the historic district (near River Street or Forsyth Garden) for the whole time, or split it into 3 nights on Tybee then 5 nights in Savannah - or some other combination. We want to end our stay in Savannah, as we will be there for St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to best use our time? We will have a rental car, and thought we'd explore the coastal areas, and enjoy the local history. Any/all suggestions welcome.
      Thanks!

more
    • iconic Atlanta

Atlanta Jan 8, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I'm visiting just outside of Atlanta for a short while and on my weekend I was hoping to visit some of the iconic areas of Atlanta that you immediately recognise if they are on tv etc, can anyone help me as to where to head?
      Thanks

more
    • candmcode's Profile Photo

Tybee Island in March for a day trip, or for several days?

Tybee Island Jan 18, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Hi - We are flying into Savannah for 8 nights in mid March. Trying to decide if we should stay in one place in the historic district (near River Street or Forsyth Garden) for the whole time, or split it into 3 nights on Tybee then 5 nights in Savannah - or some other combination. We want to end our stay in Savannah, as we will be there for St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to best use our time? We will have a rental car, and thought we'd explore the coastal areas, and enjoy the local history. Any/all suggestions welcome.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 31, 2016 at 10:24 AM
    • iconic Atlanta

Atlanta Jan 8, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I'm visiting just outside of Atlanta for a short while and on my weekend I was hoping to visit some of the iconic areas of Atlanta that you immediately recognise if they are on tv etc, can anyone help me as to where to head?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Railway stations names: Fonts

Georgia Nov 6, 2015 at 7:43 AM

What font is shown at the stations?

5 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM
    • Savannah to orlando

Savannah Oct 17, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Hi have been on previously We are coming from Scotland for a driving holiday we like small towns and cities. Like trailing round few drinks sightseeing and shopping couple late 50 s Have finalised trip from charleston to Orlando. We are gonna stay 3 nights charleston then drive to Beaufort for the day. Drive down to Savannah for 3 nights do Tybee island then onto Fernandinho beach for a night move down to st Augustine for 2 nights then Daytona beach for day and night onto Kissimmee for the night then back to Scotland is there anything we are missing any places on route that we could do. All answers appreciated would even change itinary to suit. Thanks

3 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM
    • Timetable marshrutka Gori to Kutaisi

Georgia Oct 4, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Hello, does anybody know what the timetable of the marshrutka from Gori to Kutaisi is? Thank you

1 Answer Oct 4, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    • Hotels or motels

Savannah Beach Sep 29, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Hi going to be in Savannah for 3 nights in early November was wondering where to stay historic district seems dear. Does anybody know any place out of town where we could either walk or bus it in Or is there any small towns within 4/5 mile radius where we could a bus in coming from Scotland or is there a beac area. Thanks

3 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 7:44 PM
    • Mariana Fl or Thomasville Georgia

Thomasville Sep 23, 2015 at 4:50 AM

Hi,
      I am from Australia and am planning a big driving trip in the South. I am heading from New Orleans to Savannah. I am going to stop a couple of times throughout this phase of the journey. I am trying to choose a stop over in either Mariana FL or Thomasville Georgia. My question is which town is prettier? We are only going to stay one night.

Thanks in advance
      Rachel

10 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Tobavarchkhili lakes (Silver lake) trek

Georgia Aug 19, 2015 at 11:29 AM

hello,
      We are 3 people who want to do the Tobavarchkhili lakes trek in the end of September.
      We want to hire a guide (a Hunter), a horse and to rent equipment suitable for outdoor sleeping (tent etc)
      Is it possible? and if so, we'd love to get a recommendation about a guide so we can contact him in advance.
      Thank you, Noga

1 Answer Aug 19, 2015 at 4:11 PM
    • Savannah to Orlando via Rosemary beach

Savannah Aug 15, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Hi have been on before and have got a lot of great feed back plans are charleston 3 nights Beaufort 1 night Savannah 3 Then going downtown to fly back to Scotland from Orlando so was going to take a week to drive down stopping at Fernandinho beach St Augustine Daytona around Jackson ville Palm Coast Now somebody has suggested Rosemary beach fl. is it worth taking an 8 hour round trip to see it and stay 2 days still open to suggestions. Couple in late 50 s just like chilling walkin sightseeing shopping etc gonna be first 2 weeks in November thanks

1 Answer Aug 16, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Road Trip Savannah Georgia to Orlando Florida

Savannah Aug 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Hey all. We will be driving from Savannah to Orlando on the 28th October to attend the big Orlando meet. Can't wait! :o)
      We would like to select one place along the way to stretch our legs, have a nice early lunch and maybe see some of the coastline.
      What would you suggest?
      Cheers, Ann :o)

5 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 2:34 AM
    • Adult clubs in Atlanta

Atlanta Junction Jul 21, 2015 at 1:53 AM

which are the good adult clubs in Buckhead for couples or single girls

1 Answer Jul 21, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    • yvonne59's Profile Photo

Information

Savannah Jul 17, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Would like to know if there is a pick up or drop off point for trolley rides or any of the other sightseeing events I am interested in. Like the BLACK HISTORY TOUR, SAVANNAH RIVER CRUISE AND HOP -ON, HOP OFF TROLLEY TOUR, SAVANNAH HOP ON-HOP OFF TROLLEY TOUR
      Also can you buy tickets in advance?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 6:24 PM
    • Hotels

Atlanta Jul 9, 2015 at 7:33 PM

What is the best and safest hotel near Phillips Arena, Atlanat...within a few blocks?

7 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 6:20 PM
    • Racially Mixed Couple in Atlanta, GA

Atlanta Jun 2, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Attending a convention in Atlanta, GA, World Congress Center in late June early July. Have reservations in College Park and plan to use MARTA in an out. We are a racially mixed couple. Is the area and transportation OK for us to stay in and use?

10 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 6:22 PM
    • relocating from new york

Atlanta Apr 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM

looking for a safe neighborhood with good transportation and near shopping stores preferably? 

3 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 6:27 PM
    • The best places to live with a family.

Atlanta Apr 26, 2015 at 7:04 AM

What are the best and safest areas to live in if I have a young family?
      Thanks

8 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    • How "friendly" is Atlanta without a car?

Atlanta Apr 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Hi, I'm about to visit Atlanta for 2 days with my elderly (80) dad in mid May. I'm thinking about coming by Amtrak.
      Where will you recommend to stay if one want to stroll the sights and be back at the hotel for nap and off again in the afternoon? How good/frequent are the local buses?
      We need to be in the airport to NY ~7:30am what will be our options beside a cab?

Thank you,

13 Answers Jul 16, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Stores that sell Car GPS near the Hilton, Atlanta Airport

Atlanta Mar 29, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Garmin GPS for using in my rental car (I am tired of hiring them, and feel that a purchase will save me a lot of money in the long run). Anyhow does anybody know if there are any stores that will sell them in close proximity to the Hilton Atlanta Airport?

12 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM
    • Anyone traveling to bangladesh from USA

Atlanta Mar 3, 2015 at 3:28 AM

i need to bring a special need feeder for my baby(only 3 month) who has feeding difficulties. It will be very helpful.

Thank you

4 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 9:26 PM
    • 7 days in GA

Georgia Feb 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM

we will be driving from mpls. mn. to Georgia in June. we enjoy civil war, beach and historic sites. Would you please recommend a nice place to stay near the ocean and some sites for us to explore. Thank you

4 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    • glenfinnanateastlink's Profile Photo

Airport transportation

Savannah Jan 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM

Can I take a bus from the airport to the bus station downtown? If so, how will I recognize it?

2 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • Moving To Atlanta

Atlanta Dec 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Is Murdock Rd area a good place for a family? I searched Google for fairy nice areas to live in, and this one was recommended.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    • I need answers

Atlanta Nov 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM

I am from Cleveland, Ohio and I want to move to Georgia. I want to be within 30 minutes of Atlanta and less than 3 hours away from Montgomery, Alabama. Where are some decent cities to stay that are affordable and suitable for a single female to live?

6 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    • weather info

Atlanta Nov 13, 2014 at 6:03 AM

I am traveling to Atlanta on 15 november to 5 December and I m little sensitive towards winter... Do I need to carry over coat or not

6 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Weekend before Christmas

Atlanta Oct 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM

We will be driving south and wanted to stop in Atlanta and be a tourist from about December 20 through the 23rd.

1) Parking -
      We found reasonable hotels with good prices downtown but parking fees were high. There were more reasonable hotels with free parking North of Atlanta near the metro. During the weekend could we find on street parking in downtown? Could we find weekend parking lots that are cheaper than $25 a night?

2) Subways -
      On the weekend and evenings do the subways run regularly? Will we regret not staying downtown?

3) Attractions -
      Our list of sights includes: World of Coca-cola, Civil Rights Museum, Altwood, CNN studio tour, Underground Atlanta. Is there any other must see? Anything special at holiday time?

4) Restaurants -
      We're foodies, any special local cuisines or restaurants that we should try? Loved Texas Tex-Mex and BBQ, Southern in Charleston, lobster in Maine. Atlanta specials might be??? Buckhead and Downtown restaurants?

Thanks so much in advance! Andrea

3 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM
    • Best LOCAL food restaurant

Brunswick Oct 19, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Where can I find the best LOCAL food ?

• Dek39's Profile Photo

Atlanta Downtown

Atlanta Oct 19, 2014 at 4:53 AM

We will be visiting Atlanta for 2 nights May next year. We are staying in the Hilton at the Airport, but plan to spend a day Downtown whilst we are there to see the Aquarium.
      Is Downtown Atlanta safe? Also looking at Google maps we will need to take the MARTA to get Downtown, is the MARTA safe?
      We have been to numerous cities in the US (San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, St Louis, Louisville, Nashville), and have never felt unsafe.
      Thanks

8 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • Witch_No1's Profile Photo

Question about Downtown Atlanta GA

Atlanta Oct 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hi, I will be traveling to Atlanta GA and staying in Hilton (255 Courtland St NE) and my destination is World Congress Center. Any tips here? Should I cab or is it safe to walk there (am before 8.00 am; in pm around 7ish one day and 9ish another)?
      Is it OK to walk thru the park, or better not?
      Any route you can recommend?Andrew Young? John Portman? I don't know how Atlanta is, but my city can literally vary block to block.
      Finally, any decent not-too-expensive eats in this area that you would recommend? I am looking for breakfast and dinner eats and I would love to try something other that "known" and "safe" starbucks or subway. Thanks A LOT for your input! Agata.

4 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    • travel shop in athens

Athens Oct 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi!
      Im planning to buy good tent for the winter and hiking shoes..
      Do you know good shop in athens for travelers products?

Thanks
      Lior

2 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM
    • Christmas "not-to-be-missed"?

Savannah Sep 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM

We will be in Savannah for a couple of days early Christmas week, 2014. Are any some special not-to-be-missed Christmas highlights that we should leave time for?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM