Georgia Travel Answers

change location

Looking for something exciting!

by Killa8509 Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I am going on a spur of the moment mini vacay to Atlanta this Friday and Saturday. 1/25-1/26. I am going with a man who is fairly new to Georgia (he is from England) He wants to experience Atlanta in full. What are some great nightclubs, bars, pool halls or sportsbars that are in Atlanta that anyone can recommend. Or really anything at all. It would be greatly appreciated!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for something exciting!

by riorich55 Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Experience Atlanta in Full! Only nightclubs, bars, pool halls and sportsbars? LOL

There is a little bit more to Atlanta then what you ask for, but I'll give you one sportsbar you might enjoy.

Charlie G's 11th Street Pub in Midtown.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Looking for something exciting!

by wanderlusters Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM

There is a really cool little town north of atalanta called helen. Look it up. It's this little "bavarian-style" town. We found it completely on accident. Not super exciting but neat none-the-less.

• Re: Looking for something exciting!

by wanderlusters Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM

sorry for the duplicate postings. New tothis forum. I didn't think it posted the first time. I'd delete it if I could.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

It's been some time since I've been to Atlanta, but Ray's on the River is/was a great restaurant in the Buckhead area.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM

well its been a while for me there, used to go a lot to lockheed georgia in marietta. You can look at destinations above right for tips by posters like us, or and contact the tourist office
    atlanta.net/nightlife/index....

like the Havana Club still there lol!
    cheers

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM

One of the better pool halls in the Atlanta area is Twain's in Decatur. Be prepared to wait if you get there on a weekend evening though.

For bars, it depends on what you want in a bar, honestly. I like beer bars, as in bars that specialize in craft and rare beers. The Porter in Little Five Points is, I think, one of the best beer bars in the world. The food is also fantastic there. But if you want a sports bar, I would go for Taco Mac. Atlanta-based, they have a really good beer selection, but also very good food, lots of TVs and generally good service. The one in Midtown, right on Peachtree, is sort of their "flagship" location and is one of the better ones.

There are some other really interesting nightclubs that I've been to, but only for live music. If you can catch a show at the Masquerade or the Drunken Unicorn, those are some wild clubs. There's also, of course, the Clermont. So much more than a strip club.

Personally, I think that if Atlanta excels in nothing else, it's beer and food. Plan your intake carefully because it's easy to miss stuff.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Georgia Travel Answer Locations