change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Georgetown

• Travelling first time to Guyana, female, alone

by tbrock Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM

I am travelling to Georgetown, Guyana alone March 2014 (female, look 30, aged 40) from Canada, but am American. Should I try to take USD with me or is Amex widely accepted?
      Anything to watch out for? MEAN customs teams, wear OFF all the time cause of bugs, or SWEATY, or unsafe, or bottled water ... should I bring my own pillows and sheets for hotel?

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • Getting married in Guyana

by lynettenelson Online Now Dec 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I am a Trinidadian, engaged to a Guyanese living in Trinidad, and we wish to get married in Guyana in January 2012. Could you tell me what are the requirement for us to be married in Guyana. Is it necessary for me to be in Guyana for 14 days prior to the ceremony. We plan to have a civil ceremony at the Registrar's Office

• getting to port kiatuma

by denisewint Online Now Sep 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM

hi i am traveling to guyana in march 2012 1 week in kiatuma then 1 week in georgetown i would b more than grateful if i could get answers to the following

1 4 passengers in guyana on tues want to get to port kiatuma asap (how much

most reasonably priced hotel/guesthouse for us to stay

nb i have seen recent post so know we can fly but how do i book from uk, how often to the flights go will we be able to go when we get to GT or will we have to overnight? i know this is a lot of questions but need to wtart planning my trip

• texila american university

by limca134 Online Now May 29, 2011 at 5:28 AM

i am an indian national and have been offered residency in texila american university.is it good???should i take it ???is i recognised there ???will i get a job after finishing residency in guyana.how are the working conditions for doctors???

4 Answers May 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    • texila american university

by limca134 Online Now May 29, 2011 at 2:14 AM

hi friends i am from india and i have been offered residency in texila american university.is it good???can i get a job i george town after doing residency there???is it recognised ???how are the working conditions of doctors???pay good.please help me .its the biggest decision of my life .please please help me.thank you

• new comer to georgetown looking for friends

by queridah34 Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 7:39 AM

hello..i'm from the UK and have just arrived for some voluntary work at St Joseph's Mercy hospital until october. I'm a friendly, sociable 34 year old who would like to make some friends in this place. If you can bear my terrible jokes i'd love to hear from you. cheers, Querida.

3 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • Tours from Georgetown

by northtosouth Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Does anyone know how long and how one travels to Port Kaituma?
      Are there reputable tour agencies that will take you to the former Jonestown location?? And if so what is the usual going rate?
      I am looking into traveling to Guyana and can not leave there w/out seeing that area.
      Advanced thanks!

1 Answer Dec 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    • hospital

by rajnishjuneja Online Now Aug 14, 2004 at 9:45 PM

where is george town tertiary hospital & how are the working conditions for doctors?

1 Answer Dec 27, 2005 at 11:11 AM
    • Must Sees/Does in/about Georgetown?

by LastMango Online Now Oct 28, 2003 at 6:50 PM

We're going to be in Georgetown for about a week in late November or early December. What do you suggest we see and do with our time? We're travelling with friends and have some committments but will be able to make day trips out of town if transport can be arranged. We're considering a flight to Kaiteur Falls and also jet boat ride on the Essequibo. We're also interested in what there is to see right in Gerogetown. Thanks.