Travel Answers
George Town

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Needing help on a one day visit from cruise ship, shopping & lunch!

by boutimess1 Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM

We will be arriving via cruise ship April 18th. We'd like to have lunch at one of your local establishments, shop where the locals go. I'm not into the big fancy jewelry shops. I would like to shop where the locals sell their crafts. There is 3 of us, all middle aged ladies celebrating our birthday's together. I think we'll pass on the snorkeling, stingray's etc. Not saying we wouldn't like to try it, just not enough time. I do want to purchase some rum and johnny cakes! None of us have been to GT before, totally looking forward to it. I guess I'm asking for any tips, suggestions, advice you might have for us. We arrive at 10 and ship leaves at 6. (RC) I want to make the most out of seeing your town and enjoying it on the time frame we have. I did read where the taxi's are somewhat expensive, I think we'd be happy exploring your GT within walking distance. Not saying a taxi is out of the question. I would appreciate any tips, suggestions, advice for our day in GT! Thank you! Debbie

13 Answers Jan 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    • africateach's Profile Photo

Brewery

by africateach Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Hey all!

Heading to George Town on a stop with a cruise in Feb. and wondered if anyone knew about the brewery. I was hoping to take a trip to it after hanging out with the family on shore. Cost of taxi? Time to get there? Length of trip? Also, what about a good place for cuban cigars?

Any other info about George Town would be helpful too!

4 Answers Feb 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    • Snorkeling

by marian9976 Online Now Jan 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Hi there.

I'm not interested in swimming with stingrays. I've already seen them in the Virgin Islands, and they scare me. I would like to see some colorful tropical fish and some living coral. (Previous snokeling in VI had only dead coral.)

Is there any of that near George Town, CI?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    • A First Visit to Georgetown

by candelle Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Hello

I'm afraid that we'll be arriving (hopefully - we have 'been' to Grand Cayman twice but not been allowed to land. Third time lucky?!) by cruise ship in a week's time.

Is there anyone out there who could suggest an interesting route around Geogetown? We are interested in architecture and just trying to soak up a feel of a town.

We also enjoy walking/hiking and cycling.

Suggestions very welcome.

Many thanks

Candelle

2 Answers Feb 19, 2008 at 2:03 PM