Gent Travel Answers

change location
Andzelika's Profile Photo

B&B near Sint-Pieter's Railway station - safe area?

by Andzelika Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Hello everyone :)
I might be travelling to Belgium in mid November (one week trip). Decided to visit Bruges, Antwerpen, Brussels and, of course, Gent. Also decided to stay most of the nights in Gent and travel by train to other, above mentioned places (except Brussels, will move there for 2 last nights). Therefore would like to stay in a B&B near the railway station. At the same time, I am bit afraid whether the area is safe? I consider the following guesthouses: Chambre Eau - Lindenlei 17; Verlaet- Ijzerlaan 11; Laurent Delvaux -Laurent Delvauxstraat 15; Four Corners - Abdisstraat 8. Any suggestions? Will appreciate any help....

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • bonio's Profile Photo

Re: B&B near Sint-Pieter's Railway station - safe area?

by bonio Online Now Sep 1, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Hi, stopped at "Four Corners" about 18 months ago. A 10 min walk to the rail station or a tram stop is very close by. A very friendly and comfortable b&b, no problems with the location either.
    enjoy!
    Alan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nicebelgian's Profile Photo

by nicebelgian Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 5:43 AM

Don't worry about the area, this is very safe. I would just avoid walking in the citadelpark at night.
    Have a nice time in Ghent!

• Andzelika's Profile Photo

by Andzelika Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Thank you very much! :) Will try then :)

• Re: B&B near Sint-Pieter's Railway station - safe area?

by WCOO Online Now Dec 1, 2008 at 4:45 AM

WE HAVE JUST BEEN TO GHENT WE DECIDED ON THE FOUR CORNERS UNDER NO SIRCUMSTANCES STAY THERE THE WOMAN IS A MISSERABLE SO AND SO SHE DOES NOT LIKE HER GUEST TO GO TO A BAR AS WE DID OUR FIRST NIGHT SHE WAS NONE TO PLEASED WE HAD BOOKED FOR 2NITES SHE TOLD US TO LEAVE AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE STUFF HER ACCOMODATION THATS ALL I CAN SAY SO PLEASE DO NOT USE THE FOUR CORNERS WE ENDED UP GOING TO THE IBIS IT WAS ONLY 9EURO EXTRA THAN 4CORNERS AND YES GHENT IS A NICE PLACE ITS AS SAFE AS ANYWHERE FOLK R REAL NICE

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines