Hi, I have read Genoa can be dicey at night. We are staying just one night before getting train to Levanto.
We love eating out in authentic restaurants, so, looking for safe accommodation near good (authentic/local) restaurants
What is the best area to stay in Genoa. I need to catch an 11.00 am so preferably not too far from the railway station.
Where is a safe place for myself and my daughter to rent an apartment in genoa for a few days in May. Can anyone recommend one, preferably two bedrooms or a sofabed in living room as we prefer to sleep separately. Many thanks.
What we MUST see in Genoa and the surroundings in a four days trip, in April?
We'll be there for first time for a short "business trip" and we have on our trip planner only the Acquario di Genova and Boccadasse...plus the Cathedral and city center.
Any reccommendation is welcome, including restaurants, museums and the shopping areas, to keep my wife happy.
The VT page with Genoa is strangely poor :( I'll do my best to improve it, once I'll come back.
How far is it to the supermarket from the cruise terminal in Genoa?
Hello everyone! I'm coming soon to Genoa and I was wondering where I can try quality Italian food, some restaurant recommendations? What about the nightlife? Is there a place where you can enjoy good reggaeton music near the port?
Just as above - i have found the airport website
but cannot spot taxi information, in terms of cost or journey time. Anyone know ? Or am I just having an episode and the information is on the website ? thanks !!
What is the address for this attraction please?
my friend's bus is stopping in Genoa Voltri. Are there any buses from the station to city centre? or trains connecting the station with 2 other big stations (Brignole and Principe)?
how is better and cheapest way going from airport genua to cruise port genua? and hom much it will cost? by bus or taxi?
Thanks in advance
We are traveling from San Gimignano to the Cannes or Nice area. We are considering staying for one night some place in between. Genova is the center of that area but I don't know anything about it and it looks quite industrial...was considering avoiding it. Any opinions on a place? Or should we push through and just stay in France? We're trying to keep it to about $100 per night.
What would you recommend that two middle aged ladies do in Genoa over 4 days? We like walking, museums, galleries, people watching and I'd love to see some dolphins. We are on a budget but love good authentic food.
I challenge you to sort a schedule for us! Many thanks
I am looking for a small but nice and reasonably priced hotel near the city centre - any recommendations?
Can I get a boat from Portovenere to Genoa on Friday 13 September 2013
Hi, could anybody tell me which is the safest are to stay in Genoa for a 60 years old woman traveling alone? A lot of thanks for your advice!!
we are taking a cruise from genoa to south africa in oct and will stay at holiday inn, genoa port. what is the best option to get from the airport to the hotel please?
Can you reccomend me the best beaches not far from Genoa and how to reach them? Thank you in advance!
Where to buy flowers?
How can I go to Savona Pier from the Airport of Genoa ?
My husband( who has mobility problems and uses a walking stick) and I will be taking a Western Mediterrannean cruise leaving Rome and visiting Genoa, Provence (Marseilles), Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca and Valencia in Spain and back to Rome. When the ship docks, our time is limited when visiting these cities/towns.
I am also hard-pressed for time to do my own homework what with all the packing and medical appointments for the 2 of us,hence would appreciate any suggestions as to how we could go about and see some of the sights or town.
We don't have to do the must-see places unless it is really accessible by public transport as we are not taking the shore excursions from the ship as they are really astronomical in price and have been very disappointing.
1) Would appreciate info on how to get to nearest public transport station be it bus/metro from cruise terminal.(even if possible whether there are free shuttles from the berth to entrance of cruise terminal as that would save us walking the distance)
2) We don't even mind walking around town just enjoying the ambience so long as we can get reasonable and frequent public transport services back to cruise terminal.
Would appreciate any kind of help asap as we are leaving in a ffew days' time
We (3 adults) will be in Genoa for 3 days in November 2013. My husband would like to see the leaning tower of Pisa and I would like to see Milan. What means of transport do you suggest.
My boyfriend and I will be traveling North-West from Florence and only have time to visit either Cinque Terre or Genoa, before making our way up to Milan. Any suggestions as to what has more to offer? attractions, sight-seeing, food, wine?
Hi! we are a family of 4(couple plus 2 kids 8&12yo), coming in for a day (more like 8-10 hrs) from a cruise stop. This is our first time in Genoa. We dont want to take the day tour, and do touring on our own. Have a few questions?
1. Are there enough memorable attractions to visit in Genoa? if yes, may I know what those are?
2. Or are we better off to go to Portofino? if yes, may I know the best things to do there?
Thank you and looking forward to your responses...
On my first trip to beautiful Genova over New Years 2011, while getting lost in the caruggi on the way to lunch at Taggiou, I came across a little shop that had (made) minatures. In the window were scenes of baker, butcher, farrier, etc - every craft/occupation you can think of - and they all had moving parts. I was in total awe of it and have tried to find it on my last two trips (Feb 2012 and Nov. 2012). If any one knows the shop name and/or loaction, I would appreciate it. Grazie!
Will be travelling with 2 suitcases. What is the least expensive way to get to the hotel from the cruise terminal?
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a few questions about being in Genoa for an extended period.
1) I am looking for supermarkets in Genoa. I know there are several small supermarkets all over town, but I'm looking for bigger supermarkets. I have been to the Coop near Piazza de Ferrari, and while I found it handy, I'm looking for a supermarket, or supermarkets that are a bit bigger and carry a bigger variety of goods.
2) I'm looking for department stores in Genoa. Can anyone give me the names and addresses of any department stores?
3) I need to make international calls from Italy to various countries. I've bought an international phonecard, but was wondering if anyone knew of a service like PlanetTalk (UK based) that offers easy and cheaper calls from Italy. With PlanetTalk you get a number online which you dial, followed by your contact number. You don't have to register, or pre-pay. It is just straightforward. Is there such a service in Italy?
4) I would like to visit old medieval villages (inland or coastal), or any other pretty villages, but I can only do so by public transport (buses and/or trains). Can anyone recommend any villages or beautiful places in the region to visit?
I will try and visit the following places by public transport if possible:
I am also interested in villages that are off the beaten track, or overlooked by tourists.
5) What is the best / easiest way to get to the above villages? I know trains run to La Spezia and from there you can get trains, but it seems very seasonal (spring and summer). I will be traveling from Genoa, so need information from Genoa to these and other villages.
6) Are there any walks along a promenade in Genoa? I'm not talking about the walk along the harbour area, but rather, a walk along a promenade or path along the sea? If not, what are the nearest places where I could go to walk along the sea and/or promenade?
7) Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Genoa? Also, can anyone recommend a good, but not too expensive Indian restaurant in Genoa? I've been to Shapla and enjoyed it, but would like to try another Indian restaurant.
What is the easiest way to go, by public transportation, from Genova to Portofino?
how far is the airport to the port? going to a cruise that leaves the port at 17:00.
my plane arrives to the airport at 11:00,
what's the best way to reach the port/ ??
We are going next week to Genoa. Our planning is:
1 day - Genoa
2 day - Portofino / Santa Marguerite
3 day - Genoa / Nervi
4 day - Cinque Terre
I would like to enjoy my days in Genoa, and I have been reading in internet .... but I would like to receive a few usefull advices from people from there, about the best places to visit, a good pizzeria, a nice walk, .....
Any advice will be really wellcome !!!!
Thank you very much
Hey all! Hello!
I am an Indian student. I recently got an internship at NITEL Italy. I would like to know the best and the cheapest way to spend my two months of summer there! I am alone & it would be helpful if anyone can suggest me a way to find a roommate(I have heard that would be reasonable).
Thank you in advance!