Genoa Travel Answers

change location

Coach travel

by Delores49 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM

We (3 adults) will be in Genoa for 3 days in November 2013. My husband would like to see the leaning tower of Pisa and I would like to see Milan. What means of transport do you suggest.
Regards
Delores (nlehmensich@telkomsa.co)

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • rosata's Profile Photo

by rosata Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:31 AM

The train is your best option:

trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: Coach travel

by goodfish Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Just casting my vote with Lia here: by train is absolutely the way you should do these, and you can review schedules on the website she has provided. You do not have to purchase tickets in advance: that's easily done at the station on the day of your journey. That will also give you some flexibility to decide, once in Genoa, what days you wish to do these trips.

2 members found this helpful

• Re: Coach travel

by Delores49 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Sorry the email address is incorrect - it should be nlehmensich@telkomsa.net
    Thanks

Be the first to rate this answer!

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Delores, it doesn't matter if your email is incorrect as all of your correspondence will be on this thread. We like to keep discussions public whenever possible for other members who may be researching the same subject, OK? Occasionally we'll use VT mail: our secure messaging function here within the site.

Members will almost never divulge their private email addresses - either in print or through external contact. It's not a very safe thing to do on a public website, or with someone you don't know very well. :O)

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Buses and coaches are in most cases NOT the best options to travel in Italy !
    The trains are fast, mostly reliable and also not expensive. The only down-part is that once or twice a year there are strikes and then they have a total chaos on trains !!!
    BUT these strikes are mostly announced some time ahead !

• rosata's Profile Photo

by rosata Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM

These are a couple of the official websites in Italian language with dates of intended strikes. They do not happen very often but it is best to be prepared. I think in the event of train strikes your journey will be completed if it has already begun. (Sciopero/i is strike/s in Italian).

cgsse.it/web/guest;jsessioni...

mit.gov.it/mit/site.php?p=sc...

Enjoy Genova!

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

thanks a lot for these links regarding the strikes, it will be very helpfull for my next vactions in Italy !

• rosata's Profile Photo

by rosata Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Prego!

I always check since one ill fated north of England to Sicily trip - just entering the Mont Blanc tunnel we received a text (SMS) message informing us that the ferry from Genova to Palermo was cancelled that evening due to a lorry strike - no lorries or lorry drivers on the road, no need for the ferry to do its daily run!

Staying a night in Genova did allow us an extra day to have a lovely trip down the Ligurian coast to Chiavari!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines