Geneva

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rainy day in Geneva with teenagers

by Rosesarered Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM

What can you do in Geneva on a rainy day? Need to entertain 2 teenagers and have already done bowling and the cinema!!! Thanks

more
    • clermont to geneva confusion

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I found out on sncf about a train on 5th july 2014 that goes from clermont ferrand to geneva. I needed your advice if i should book this because it has just a 10 minute stop in the last connection of bus. I have a baby,stroller,4 big suitcases that can be dragged and we are a couple. I was thinking what if train gets late(do trains get late). My big confusion is if i Should book or not...It arrives at SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS at 12h29 and departs via bus 12h40. Just 10 mins(what if train gets late). Please help. the train itenary below. If you know any other cheap way of travelling to geneva(espcially wit luggage and baby) do suggest. The below option cost me 86E approx.

06h26 FROM (STATION) :CLERMONT FERRAND- No seat reservation required
      Arrivée à :08h56 A la gare de :LYON PART DIEU
      Departing at :10h38 FROM (STATION) :LYON PART DIEU
      Arrivée à :12h29 A la gare de :SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS
      Departing at :12h40 From (station) :SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS TRANSPORTEUR : CAR
      Arrivée à :13h10 A la gare de :GENEVA CORNAVIN

more
    • Rainy day in Geneva with teenagers

by Rosesarered Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM

What can you do in Geneva on a rainy day? Need to entertain 2 teenagers and have already done bowling and the cinema!!! Thanks

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • clermont to geneva confusion

by nidhi.praveen Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I found out on sncf about a train on 5th july 2014 that goes from clermont ferrand to geneva. I needed your advice if i should book this because it has just a 10 minute stop in the last connection of bus. I have a baby,stroller,4 big suitcases that can be dragged and we are a couple. I was thinking what if train gets late(do trains get late). My big confusion is if i Should book or not...It arrives at SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS at 12h29 and departs via bus 12h40. Just 10 mins(what if train gets late). Please help. the train itenary below. If you know any other cheap way of travelling to geneva(espcially wit luggage and baby) do suggest. The below option cost me 86E approx.

06h26 FROM (STATION) :CLERMONT FERRAND- No seat reservation required
      Arrivée à :08h56 A la gare de :LYON PART DIEU
      Departing at :10h38 FROM (STATION) :LYON PART DIEU
      Arrivée à :12h29 A la gare de :SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS
      Departing at :12h40 From (station) :SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS TRANSPORTEUR : CAR
      Arrivée à :13h10 A la gare de :GENEVA CORNAVIN

4 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • solkerragu's Profile Photo

ABOUT ONE NIGHT STAY

by solkerragu Online Now May 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM

HI. I AM BOOKED AT ROYAL MANOTEL GENEVA FROM 26 MAY TILL 13 TH JUNE. BUT I COME ON 25 TH NIGHT AT 10.30PM. CAN YOU PLS JUST ME A CHEAP AND BEST OPTION FOR A NIGHT STAY FOR FEW HOURS PLEASE? ALSO IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A PRIVATE GPS ON HIRE FOR 6 DAYS AS I WILL HIRE A CAR AND THE GPS FROM CAR RENTAL SEEMS VERY EXPENSIVE. I DONT MIND BUYING A USED GPS ALSO. CHEERS. RAGU

4 Answers May 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    • solkerragu's Profile Photo

BEST INTERACTIVE MAP

by solkerragu Online Now May 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM

WHICH IS THE BEST MAP FOR ME TO SEE TO DRIVE FROM GENEVA TO PARIS AND SEE WHAT I CAN SEE IN BETWEEN?

9 Answers May 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    • panayursr's Profile Photo

Train travel to Interlaken

by panayursr Online Now May 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I will be landing at Geneva Airport and proceeding to Interlaken. Is there any direct train from Geneva to Interlaken (without changing trains in between)? I have a family rail pass. In case if I have to change trains, please suggest a route with minimum transfers.

7 Answers May 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM
    • Places to visit with family(with kids) in Geneva

by moen303 Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Hi Friends.
      I am visiting Geneva with my family in coming week.
      Please enlist places (within small budget) where we should visit keeping in mind that kids d'nt like to walk.
      Is it suitable to buy Geneva Travel pass/card or weekly travel pass???
      Note: My hotel not providing the free pass as its located in french side of Geneva.
      thanks in advance

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • Geneva Attraction and cheap travel Advice PLZ

by moen303 Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Hi. Me and my family with 2 kids (1yr and 3yrs old) visiting Gene for 4 days.
      Please advice me places to visit and cheap way of travel.
      Our stay is in Switzerland-French border (Chemin de Colovrex Ferney Voltaire, 01210 France ).
      Thanking you in advance

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM
    • Free Transport Pass

by moen303 Online Now Apr 19, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Hi. I am visiting Geneva this month. I have booked hotel France (French side of Geneva (Chemin de Colovrex Ferney Voltaire, 01210 France )).
      Still I am entitle to receive free transport pass??

3 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • AMADEUSBAHR's Profile Photo

New Year 2014/2015

by AMADEUSBAHR Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Border Swiss-France: What is the best place (city) to stay in December 31 ?
      Around Geneve and/or some french cities in the border.
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • Yvoire daytrip

by canwegetmore Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM

What is the best way to go to Yvoire from Geneva. We want to do a daytrip, but still have to go to Annecy the afternoon.

14 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • CarolMathiasRebello's Profile Photo

reformation wall

by CarolMathiasRebello Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 5:46 AM

are there signs in the park leading to the wall ?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Room in Massony and coming to Geneva daily

by hannah0101 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Hi I'm thinking about residing in Massony and coming to Geneva everyday during my trip. Would you be able to tell me how much a monthly bus pass would cost? How frequently would be buses run?

• public transport into Geneva from SE side of lake

by bonbon5 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM

we will be driving from Bernex France, NOT Switzerland. It's about midlake, south shore. We want to drive the a public transport stop closest to Bernex and leave our car.
      I've read that there is a line that goes out of Geneva to the south shore and east some distance. I don't know where that would be.
      Please advise me of the bus or tram line and where is the easternmost point we can pick it up on the south side of the lake.

1 Answer Feb 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    • how big is Geneva?

by dizzy22 Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM

how big is Geneva? I am going soon for salsa and wondered how far each place is from one another

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Cafes/coffeeshops

by yooperprof Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I'm going to be in Geneva in early March on a day-trip, Are there any specific cafes or coffeeshops that you would recommend? Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 7, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • madzial's Profile Photo

transport from airport in Geneva to Rue Des Paquis

by madzial Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I am arriving at the airport in Geneva and would like to get myself to Eastwest Hotel on 6 Rue des Paquis that is located 6,3km from the airport. I would like to travel in the cheapest possible way i.e. bus or tram. Does anybody know which form of transport and the number of the bus or tram I must catch and how much will it cost me? thanks, madzia

1 Answer Jan 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    • rfra0000's Profile Photo

Train information

by rfra0000 Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hello to everyone. This March 2014 I'll go to Switzerland for 2 days only.

1st day: I'll tour around Geneva (Question # 1: Can you advise me to where can I buy cheap ticket for the train to tour around Geneva - should I buy them at the time I'll be in the Geneva Airport or should I get it from the website)

2nd day: I'll go from Geneva to Zermatt (to go for Matterhorn) (Question # 2: Can you advise me also which cheap ticket can I avail)

(Question # 3: From Zermatt to Matterhorn, what train should I ride and advise me also for cheap ticket)

(Question # 4: For 2 days, can I buy only 1 ticket (for 2 days) that will allow me to travel for train to tour around Geneva and for me to go to Matterhorn (Zermatt) and usually how much is it?

Thank you and have a nice day!

1 Answer Jan 14, 2014 at 4:47 AM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

visiting Geneva old town

by ValeryCollins Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 6:48 AM

bus or train to Geneva old town from the airport?

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

public transport

by ValeryCollins Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Which bus should we get from the airport to the old town or it is easier to get the train?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • New Years 2013

by elnaa Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

We're travelling to Geneva on Dec 31st and January 1st and we are wondering if we'll get the chance to visit a market or find anything touristy open on Jan 1st.Your advice will be of great help!

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

travel agency

by aymank Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good/reliable travel agency based in Geneva?
      thanks

3 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    • Paris - Geneva - Switzerland: Car Hire

by onjai Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Is it better and cheaper to get a hire car from Paris, drive around switzerland (I'll need to buy a vignette) and return it at Geneva (France side)....

OR

Hire a car from Paris, drop it off at Geneva (France side), hire another car at Geneva (Swiss side) which will have vignette included, drive around swiss and return at Geneva?

Thanks

8 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • hilarynolan54's Profile Photo

GIFT CARDS

by hilarynolan54 Online Now Nov 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM

WHERE IN GENEVA SWITZERLAND CAN I BUY A GIFT CARD FOR A HAIRDRESSING SALON

• hilarynolan54's Profile Photo

GIFT CARDS

by hilarynolan54 Online Now Nov 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A GIFT CARD FOR A HAIRDRESSERS IN GENEVA SWITZERLAND

• food and drink

by angiepreece Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM

what is the average price for a meal how much is beer and wine

3 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    • Sitdang's Profile Photo

Electronics

by Sitdang Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM

where can I find cheap electronics in Geneva?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • Sitdang's Profile Photo

ELECTRICAL SOCKETS

by Sitdang Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM

what kind of electrical socket do you use in Geneva? is it the same with the British type?

5 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • KHASRU's Profile Photo

Best way to reach hotel from airport.

by KHASRU Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I will arrive at Geneva Airport from Paris, I have booked a room at Hotel des Tourelles, Boulevard James Fazy 2, Saint-Gervais et des Grottes, Geneve, 1201. Please inform the best and cheapest way to reach my hotel. Thanks.
      A. K. M. Khasru

4 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • travel with baby in november

by draaf Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 4:28 AM

I will be travelling to geneva in november with my one year old baby. Please can you tell me what precautions should be taken as the climate will be cold in november. How safe it is to travel with baby considering the cold climate in november as I come from a warm country?

5 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    • A map store in Geneva

by redwardhayes Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I will be in Geneva next month & wish to buy travel information about Albania while I am in Geneva. Can you suggest a stotre in Geneva where this is posdsible?

Thankx

1 Answer Sep 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM