Gelioya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trips off the beach

Sri Lanka Sep 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Would anyone recommend going with the beach sellers at avani Kalutara ? We r hoping to go to the elephant sanctuary temple of the tooth and the turtles. We have been given a price of £45 each in a mini bus (elephants & temple)we where dubious but the rep wants £95!! But then told us it would be safe to get a. Taxi for the turtles as they didn't do that trip. We therefore assumed it would also be fine to go with 'Frank' thanks Dizzy

more
    • 12 days in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Sep 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM

We will be flying into Sri Lanka on the 27th of December and departing again on the 8th of Jan. we would like to see the highlights of Sri Lanka, shopping and mostly a beach holiday. I would like to see Kandy, Hikkaduwa or Mirissa and Bentota and then a night closer to the airport for some last minute shopping. please could you advise on a good route to do all of this? thanks a million :-) also where is a good place to be for New years eve

more
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

jaffna to trincomalee

Trincomalee Aug 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I am travelling in november 2014 from Jaffna to Trincomalee, what is the best way of transport? any timetables?
      thank you for your time,
      Joan

more
    • fergal26Solo's Profile Photo

Quick Itinerary Question

Sri Lanka Aug 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hey Guys,
      I will Be leaving Now on Monday.So I won't be Annoying ye too much anymore :). From Trinco I was thinking of Heading to Batti and Then Going to Ella.

I have had a change of mind and am thinking of possibly going to Jaffna and then kandy Instead of Batti And Ella.If you Had to Choose one of those options which Would you go for.

As far as I can Gather there are no major Sights asuch in Jaffna. I bet it would be different.Is it worth the Visit and then Kandy
      Cheers
      Fergal

more

Accommadation Advice

Sri Lanka Aug 22, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hey Guys,
      I was Wondering from anyone who has Stayed in Dambulla, Trinco or Batticoala. Would you recommend any place that you have been, that is not to expensive a guest house maybe.I'd just like to hear from Someone who has been there. I know there are hotels listed etc.

A Couple more General questions.Is it a good idea to wear Long pants (Full length Pyjamas at night) for mosquito prevention.I do Have a bed sheet and repellent but just curious what others do.Is It Absolutely necessary or would shorts be adequate.

Finally being from Ireland, Not used to spicey foods etc.Is there any type of food or dish one would recommend that would be safe enough on the stomach for the first couple of days.

Thanks Very Much
      Fergal

more
    • club bentota

Sri Lanka Sep 9, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Club Bentota is there nearby shops for Booze and Cigarettes or will i need to source a taxi?>

more
    • Trip costs

Sri Lanka Sep 8, 2014 at 9:14 PM

How much does it cost to ride in the elephants ? The guide told us it was extra but not how much extra. Also what is the cost of the temple of the tooth?

more
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

private driver traveling alone

Sri Lanka Sep 1, 2014 at 7:56 AM

hello
      I (a woman) am considering to travel alone in Sri Lanka, with a private driver for 3 weeks, anyone who did this before and want to tell me her experience?

more
    • 2 weeks in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Sep 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Flying into Bandaranayake International Airport in October and plan to backpack around the country for two weeks would like to take the train to the tea country, and see as much as possible as well as spending a few days at the beach - any help re itinerary would be appreciated.

more
    • Safety warning

Sri Lanka Sep 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka this January (Colombo and Galle), but just as I was about the purchase my plane ticket, the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a warning for citizens not to travel to this country, calling it a dangerous country because of the political turmoil. So, my questions for you are:
      1. How safe is it for 2 women to travel in Sri Lanka? We just want to do some sight-seeing around these 2 cities and spend a few days on the beach.
      2. (this is for those who are or have recently been there) Is it really dangerous for tourists, as our Ministry warns (terrorists attacks, revolts)?

Thanks in advance!

more

Karunegala to Dambulla

Sri Lanka Aug 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Hay Guys,
      Last Question before I depart Tomorrow.Hope someone may be able to answer.Getting the Bus from Negombo to Karunegala and from there A Bus To Dambulla.

Is the Bus i am looking for in Karunegala A bus For Dambulla (Direct) Or would the bus be a indirect service say going to Trincomalee but stopping at Dambulla as its on that Route.Therefore I would be looking for a bus to Trincomalee.

Thanks guys for all of your Help these past few weeks.:)
      Thanks Fergal

more
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Solo female traveller

Sri Lanka Aug 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I'm thinking of traveling to Sri Lanka over Christmas and new year visiting Colombo, Kandy and galle. Can anybody share some insight onto How safe is it for a solo female traveller? 

more
    • Gifts to take

Sri Lanka Sep 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM

I would like to bring gifts from Australia to families I will be meeting. Adults and children and teenagers. Any ideas please? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

more
    • oxoboxo's Profile Photo

Transport options from Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport to Negombo

Sri Lanka Aug 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Can anyone suggest what transport options would be available when arriving in Sri Lanka at 12.15am to get us from the airport to Negombo. at that time of the morning.
      Any suggestion welcome.

Many Thanks
      Christopher

more
    • September weather /tours

Bentota Aug 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Can u lay on the beach in Sept? We r arriving Sept 7th also what tours are available & is it best to book through hotel? Can u visit temples? Also are there other types of money u can use in bentota eg dollars?
      Too many questions 

more
    • Request info

Sri Lanka Sep 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

The day will be 9.30 in Colombo until 12.18 two people. I would contact the Tourist Guide Lal residing at the resort House of Sigiriya, thanks

more