Geiranger

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi at tromso airport

Tromsø Dec 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the airport to Clsrion Collection hotel for four with suitcases. Do u have to book or are they freely available. Thanks

more
    • Hiking Western Norway

Norway Dec 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hey all.
      I'm currently planning a hiking trip to western Norway to happen next spring. Looking for any ideas for good hiking routes or must see fjords/National Parks.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015?? Thank you!

Trofors Dec 7, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015? Trofors must be a very small village in Nordland though, there is a train station there. I have looked at several hotel sites on line though, found nothing there. I am visiting Hattfjelldal, Nordland then looking at Trofors to catch a southbound 8:56 morning train. Any & all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you, Chuck Ps. having a hotel can make this trip a workable, as traveling on to Geiranger to meet friends one day later.

more
    • Seljord accommodation or buy a holiday home

Seljord Yesterday

we are Frequent travellers to Seljord - Can we buy a holiday home there as foreigners please?
      any help would be most appreciated :)

more
    • From Ålesund to geiranger in october

by SolenneM Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi! I would like to go to Geiranger from Alesund this weekend but I don't find any bus or boat to go there, can you help me :) thank you

3 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • Geiranger to Oslo by Bus and Train

by andyroyle Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, We are planning to take the 12:25 bus from Geiranger to Andalsnes on 26 August and then take a train to Oslo via Dombas. My question is this: Since the bus arrives at 15:20, would it be unwise to book a ticket on the 15:31 train to Dombas/Oslo or are they timed to connect? Thanks in advance, Andrew (from the UK)

2 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • We have 5 1/2 hours in Geiranger...

by Amen4 Online Now May 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM

What is the best use of our time for this one day stop for my husband and me? Can we hire a private driver to see the sights?

4 Answers May 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Geiranger via road 63

by AlexP08 Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 6:14 AM

hello,

I am planning to rent a car from hemsedal and using highway 15 to use road63. This will be occured on 5th of may. Do you know if the road will be opened at this period?

Regards, Alex

3 Answers May 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • How to arrange a hike on a glacier from various ports? How to travel from Olden to Hellesytt

by CSWARTZ1204 Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We will be traveling to western Norway from May 17-May 25th.
      Our ports are Skjolden,Flam,Olden,Alesund and Stavanger.

I have booked Ferry passage to Gudvangen from Flam to see the Naeroyfjord. we will return by bus and hopefully take the Flam rail to Mydal and back to Flam

I booked a cruise through the Stavanger Archipelago into the Lysefjord.

I am wondering if I should try to go to find our way to Hellesytt so we can cruise Geiranger. is this possible from Olden? we will only be in port from 8-5

We would also like the opportunity to have a guided tour on a glacier and or kayak on a glacial lake. Perhaps from our stop in Skjolden (Nigard/Jostedal glacier) or in Olden (Briksdal Glacier) The cruise ship offers on trips to only view the glacier.

This might limit my opportunity to travel to Geiranger. Perhaps next trip? So much to see and experience.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

1 Answer Apr 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    • Getting here from lofoten

by ENTT Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Can I know which is the best way to get here from any city in Lofoten? thanks

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

how far is Trollstiegen ?

by Ewilly Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM

How far is Trollstiegen of Geranger ?
      can I get a taxi ? How much for taxi ?
      is there a bus ?
      how long is that trip, when I want to take fotos from obove
      can I do Dalsnibba and Trollstiegen on same day when the ship is there 6 hours ?

5 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

what can I see there in winter ?

by Ewilly Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

is there anything nice to see in winter ?
      a Museum maybe
      frozen waterfalls ?
      what else ?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    • Cheapest Mode of Transportation from Oslo

by lunningc Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM

What is the cheapest mode of transportation from Oslo airport (Gardermoen) to Geiranger, Norway?

3 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    • MeghamalaK's Profile Photo

public transport from flam to geiranger

by MeghamalaK Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Hi, Please advise on what is the best way to get to geiranger from flam, using public transport?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    • Reach Valldal

by abhishekpossible Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I will be staying in Bjorli in June and want to do Geiranger Fjord within same day and want to come back till night.
      I found Fjord1 starts froms Valldal at 9.30 and buss from Åndalsnes to Valldal will reach at 10, and Taxi looks expensive.
      Is there any way we can do Geiranger fjord from Bjorli within same day.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM
    • I need to charter a bus ; can someone tell me where I can rent

by yhh908 Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I am planning to lead a group of 30+ people, my Cruise ship stop by Geiranger Norway. I want to rent a bus to tour Dalsnibba mountain area. can someone tell me where I can rent a bus to do this. thanks

2 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    • egyptionqueen's Profile Photo

HOLIDAY

by egyptionqueen Online Now Aug 30, 2012 at 3:23 PM

HI NEXT YEAR WE ARE VISITING NORWAY FOR THE FIRST TIME WE ARE STARTING IN BERGEN BUT WANT TO VISIT GEIRANGERFJORD CAN WE GET A TRAIN OR BUS FROM BERGEN TO GEIRANGER I BEIIVE IT IS ABOUT 6HR TRIP SO WOULD PROBERLY NEED TO BOOK ONE NIGHT IN GEIRANGER ALSO CAN WE TAKE A DAY TRIP ON THE GEIRANGER FJORD ARE THERE DAILY BOAT TRIPS

2 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    • Geiranger on a cruise

by Kaibocan Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I'll be in Geiranger for only 1 day on a cruise on May 24. Please tell me what I should not miss. What tours should I take or should I just go on my own?

1 Answer Apr 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

Geiranger fjord boat tour end June - need to book in advance?

by MariusG Online Now Mar 17, 2012 at 2:41 AM

We are 4 people planning to take a sightseeing boat tour on Geiranger fjord, such as the one here: "geirangerfjord.no/Rejse/uk/M..."
      My question is about booking: is it necessary to book such a tour in advance?
      The tour company obviously recommends so, but we prefer to have the flexibility of the dates and of the weather.

• Geiranger to Aaelsund

by trapezemark Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

On 2 July, 2012 (a Monday) we are traveling from Geiranger to the Aaelsund airport for a flight at 1800. Is there public transportation which can get us to the airport in time for the flight? It appears that the Fjord 1 scheduled trips don't arrive in Aaelsund early enough.

2 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

One day in Geiranger

by alisononthego Online Now May 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Hi, we have one day in Geiranger when our cruise ship docks. What are the 'must sees' in this area? Will we need transport or will we see all there is to see on foot? Thanks and regards

11 Answers May 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    • Rent a car for one day in Geiranger

by moets Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Where in Geiranger can we rent a car for 6 Persons for one day?
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    • Geiranger Geological Park

by clairem82 Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I am Geiranger in June & have been told it is worthwhile to visit the Geological Park. I am visiting on a cruise ship & was wondering how easy it is to walk the the park?

• How to get to Geiranger from Olden?

by Itchiefeet Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 10:01 AM

We are currently staying at Melkevoll Bretun and will be going to Geiranger on 20 June from Olden but not sure if there are buses connection from Olden. After Geiranger, we want to go to Alesund on 22 June, what is the best way to travel there? Bus, boat? From Alesund we need to get to Andalsnes on 24 June to catch our train to Lilehammer.

Thank you for any useful info you can provide.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    • Dalsnibba down to Geiranger port

by johnmcclean Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Hi,
      Were arriving in Geiranger via cruise ship in August. Could we get a taxi up to Dalsnibba viewpoint and then walk back down to Geiranger on our own safely ,with active children aged 10-13 yrs.
      Is there a well marked trail or do we need a guide.
      How long would the taxi ride take and at what cost
      How long would it take us to hike down from Dalsnibba

Many thanks

3 Answers Feb 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    • Only 6 hours in Geiranger

by Evertravel Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I will be arriving in Geiranger on a cruise and would love to find a public transportation way of getting from the port area to Dalsnibba? Any help would be great! Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM
    • Trollstigen road last week of May?

by jules13 Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM

What are the chances the Trollstigen road will be open the last week of May this year? If open, would there be any public buses going over it? Do they adjust the bus schedule based on when the road opens? I haven't been able to find any buses running from Andalsnes to Geiranger before mid-June. I'd consider driving myself if I could at least be sure the road will be open. Thanks.

8 Answers May 18, 2009 at 1:00 PM
    • Geiranger Popular Activities

by HappySmile Online Now May 2, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Hi All,

I plan to have some vacation in Geiranger for 1 or 2 days. Actually what I want to see is:
      - The great Trollstigen (north route from Geiranger to Andalsnes)
      - Beautiful Dalsnibba (south route to Grotli)
      - The gigantic rock Flydalsjuvet (south route)

For the Trollstigen, I would like to use bus (The Golden Route). Is The Golden Route cover route from Geiranger to Andalsnes (not Andalsnes to Geiranger)? The problem is that I will go in 28 - 29 May 2008 and the Golden Route itself operate in June 2008. Does anyone can give me some alternative?

For the Dalsnibba, is there any public transportation that I can use except Golden Route?

For Flydalsjuvet, what public transportation that cover this route?

Also, if I rent car, it have minimum 3 days car rental and it's so expensive. So I would like to have some pt or motorcycle.. Need help if anyone knows for motorcycle rental with minimum budget and not minimum 3 days.. Many thanks before

BR,
      Christoper

3 Answers May 10, 2008 at 12:59 AM
    • biking tour

by Cherig Online Now Jun 29, 2007 at 6:36 PM

Does anyone know about biking tours in Geiranger? We are planning to be there for only one day (cruising) in July and would like to have the experience of biking down Dalsnibba. Thanks for any info!

1 Answer Jul 2, 2007 at 4:38 AM
    • private tour?

by jseamanco Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 7:10 AM

Is it possible to arrange a private guide and car to get from Geiranger to Molde and do the sightseeing that the shore excursion from the NCV would do but with out the number of people that would be on a bus?

1 Answer Mar 14, 2007 at 7:43 AM
    • Geiranger/Alesund to Rindal advice

by A2Riles Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 6:46 PM

We are two senior citizens arriving by tour group in Geiranger and Alesund in July. We'd like to leave the group and make a quick, special trip to Rindal, origin of one branch of family. What is the best way to do that? Bus,car rental? Any suggestions for either way?

1 Answer Mar 8, 2007 at 4:22 AM
    • feats's Profile Photo

flydalsjuvet

by feats Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 7:03 PM

There is a view of the fjord at Geiranger that is very high on the mountain.
      How difficult is access?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 20, 2006 at 3:50 AM
    • How to get here from Oslo?

by ifka11 Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Hello,
      I would like to ask if anybody can help to me and my friend. We plan to come to Geiranger on 31st July or 1st August from Oslo by plane. Either to Orsta or Molde, perhaps other place (I'm looking for advice). The problem is how to get to Geiranger by bus, because we don't have a car. I tried to type destination Geiranger in Nor-way.no and it doesn't know it, actually it says something in norwegian which is not useful for me. Can you help us to plan it? Or give me english website? Thanks!
      Iveta, Slovakia

2 Answers Jun 6, 2006 at 5:03 AM
    • route from Geiranger to Balestrand

by xrayedit Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 4:47 PM

Hi!

I am planning a vacations throught the fjords this june and need help. I can not find the route I would take to get from Geiranger to Balestrand in one day. I am hoping to use these two places as a base for hiking. Please send any info you have or know. Is it even possible?

Thanks,
      Frustrated in Canada

3 Answers Mar 29, 2006 at 1:11 AM