Geiranger Travel Answers

change location

How to get here from Oslo?

by ifka11 Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Hello,
I would like to ask if anybody can help to me and my friend. We plan to come to Geiranger on 31st July or 1st August from Oslo by plane. Either to Orsta or Molde, perhaps other place (I'm looking for advice). The problem is how to get to Geiranger by bus, because we don't have a car. I tried to type destination Geiranger in Nor-way.no and it doesn't know it, actually it says something in norwegian which is not useful for me. Can you help us to plan it? Or give me english website? Thanks!
Iveta, Slovakia

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • 30something's Profile Photo

RE: RE: How to get here from Oslo?

by 30something Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 1:09 PM

The easiest would probably be to take a really early flight to Ålesund and catch Hurtigruten coastal steamer leaving Ålesund at 9:30 am getting to Geiranger at 1:30 pm. Best would probably be to stay the night in Ålesund and have a closer look at this wonderful town. You could also take a bus from Ålesund to Hellesylt and ferry from there. A third longer option is going to Åndalsnes trainstation and take the bus up Trollstigen and the Eagle road down to Geiranger. The reason for not finding info on Nor-way.no is that the routes is run by

Fjord1:
    http://www.fjord1.no/en/
    and Nettbus:
    nettbuss.no/category.php?cat...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rjsol's Profile Photo

RE: RE: How to get here from Oslo?

by rjsol Online Now Jun 6, 2006 at 5:03 AM

nor-way.no has english pages, upper right corner. but it's a mixup between english and norwegian, yes. I tried and found bus from from airport to grotli, line 147, at grotli there should be possible to change to local bus (fjord1.no)
    why don't you send an email to fjord1 address is fjord1@fjord1.no ?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines