Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Travel suggestions between Trofors, Nordland and Bo, Telemark areas, please.

Norway Nov 2, 2015 at 10:05 AM

In August we will be visiting Hattfjeldal near Trofors and also want to visit Seljord near Bo to visit where my ancestors are from. Looking for suggestions on how to do it. I checked the train possibilities though to make the entire trip is too long. One of us traveling has only a tolerance of 5 hours on the train thus, between Trofors and Trondheim is fine by Train. Then maybe fly to or from Oslo and take the train to Bo.

Overall we are not in a rush and see that we could take a Hurtigruten ship in either direction between Tondheim and Bronnoysund if the schedule fits in. We are in early planning and haven't yet determined where we will fly into, Bergen or Oslo from Chicago. Any suggestions on which city or possible intermediate stops are worthwhile seeing? I am not familiar enough with Norway and therefore all comments are greatly appreciated.

• Tromso City Harbour

Tromsø Nov 28, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Hi. I will be traveling to Tromso very soon Pls advise
      1. Where is the best spot to photograph the Tromso city harbour with the old warehouse?

2. Any public transport from airport to Ersfjord?

• Visiting Stavanger during the winter

Stavanger Nov 22, 2015 at 1:40 PM

We are visitng to Stavanger during the winter and wanted to see Kjeragbolten and the pulpit rock. It is impossible to hike, but all the packages for boat cruises for Kjeragbolten seems to be related to hiking. Is there a way that I can see both Kjeragbolten and pulpit rock in a boat cruise?
      I see boat cruise options for pulpit rock, but not sure if Kjeragbolten is included somehow unspecified.

• From Bergen to Odda

Bergen Nov 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Bergen and we'd like to spend a few days in Odda. But is there a bus to lead us from Bergen to Odda ? Or any ferry ? If it does, what is the price ? I have checked some websites but they were in Norsk and I'm french so it was very difficult for me to understand what it was saying. I hope you'll be able to answer my question. Thank you very much. Best regards, Juliette.

• New Visitor to London

Narvik Nov 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM

My question is odd. i am coming to London to spend my Christmas and New year Holidays. How to find friends in London to spend good time as its will be my first time time to Uk. i prefer mixed group of friends or female girls. i am student in Norway.
      Also i want to ask kindly mention me some of important attractions in London. Does they offer any student discounts on tickets.

• Katiha's Profile Photo

Travelsuggestions between Dombås and Bergen?

Dombås Nov 23, 2015 at 1:42 PM

I wonder which route should I take from Dombås to Bergen. I have one day time to spend in some nice place somewhere in the middle of the winter, what would you recommend?

• From Odda to Oslo

Odda Nov 5, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Norway and we plan to go to Odda, and then to Oslo, but we can't rent a car. Is there a way to go from Odda to Oslo with the bus ?

Thank you,

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

scandinavia euro pass

Norway Nov 16, 2015 at 2:57 PM

we are going to buy the Scandinavia euro rail pass. my question is will it cover all the scenic routes that I will be doing while in Norway?? does it include the ferry that I will do ??
      ferry between Geiranger and Hellesylt, the longer ferry trip between Geiranger and Valldal, the one-and-a-half-hour sightseeing trip on board M/S Geirangerfjord

below are the scenic rail routes
      - Begin in Oslo, including the Bergen Railway, which runs over the Hardangervidda mountain plateau.
      No other train ride between two cities in Europe is at a higher altitude than the one between Oslo and Bergen. This line takes in some dazzling scenery, with the most spectacular stretch being the one over the Hardangervidda,

• The famous Flåm Railway, the world's steepest.
      This will take you down to the village of Flåm, in the innermost corner of the Aurlandfjord. The Aurlandsfjord is an arm of the mighty Sognefjord, Norway's longest fjord. A must for any rail enthusiast, the Flåm Railway, one of the world's steepest railways on normal gauge, is one of Norway's most popular attractions, and a masterpiece of Norwegian engineering.

• Dovre Railway from Oslo to Trondheim with its sideline the Rauma Railway between Dombås and Åndalsnes

• Junctionbox's Profile Photo

Geilo basic info

by Junctionbox Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 5:10 AM

Hi all

We are going Ski-ing in Geilo on 4th Feb for a week. First time in Norway. A couple of us are beginners although my wife and I are experienced skiers. A couple of questions:

1. Are there plenty of ATMs in the town where I can withdraw Krone using my Visa card?
      2. What is cost of beginners' ski lessons?
      3. Ballpark figure for cost of lift pass?

Any other info would be gratefully received. We are looking forward to the trip immensely.

5 Answers Jan 22, 2007 at 3:17 AM
    • Travelling from Sandefjord to Geilo, Norway

by ptreneer Online Now Nov 16, 2005 at 3:34 AM

What is the best way to get to Geilo from Torp airport without a car? Is it possible to get to Geilo without taking a train to Oslo?

Secondly, what is the easiest way to get to Oslo from Geilo?

We are trying to plan a short ski trip to Geilo, and will be travelling with a child. Thanks so much!

3 Answers Nov 17, 2005 at 11:12 PM