Geelong

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Centyral Floral Parade

Toowoomba Yesterday

What date is the 2016 Central Floral Parade?

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Planning a Sydney holiday in October 2016? Please join us for the Big Downunder VT Meet.

Sydney Jan 27, 2016 at 2:24 AM

We have a Big Sydney Meet planned for October. It commences on the 7th October and we already have 25 VT members and friends signed up. If you are visiting Sydney around this time, then please come and join us. What better way to be introduced to Australia than meeting a bunch of fun loving VT members from all around the world in Australia's most picturesque city, Sydney!! -
      Roll up, Roll up! The 9th Big Downunder VT Meet is set for October. That is in less than 9 months yea!! :o)
      The meet will be in 2 parts. The Big Sydney Meet starts on the 7th October and we already have 25 VT members and friends signed up. If you have ever thought of visiting Australia then Sydney should be your first point of call. What better way to be introduced to Australia than meeting a bunch of fun loving VT members from all around the world in Australia's most picturesque city, Sydney!! -
      VT Meeting
      The second part will be a Big Cruise sailing out of the spectacular Sydney Harbour destined for a Pacific Island holiday. We already have 25 VT members and friends signed up for this. This will be the FIRST EVER VT CRUISE! so you shouldn't miss out..... right? ;o) Carnival Cruises will never be the same again..... haha ;o)
      VT Meeting
      For those that are adventurous.... we have a second part to the meet. This involves a Big Cruise sailing out of the spectacular Sydney Harbour destined for the islands of the South Pacific. We already have 16 VT members and friends signed up for this. This will be the FIRST EVER VT CRUISE! so you shouldn't miss out..... right? ;o) Carnival Cruises will never be the same again..... haha ;o)
      VT Meeting
      For those that are planning to visit Australia this year then this may very well make up your mind for you.
      Any questions.... please email me here on vt.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Motorhoming for Bathurst 1000.

Bathurst Jan 24, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Any info where I can locate my motorhome for this event this year.Caravan Parks are booked out already and sites at Mt Panorama will be restricted and unable to be booked until June 2016.
      Any info would be appreciated,thankyou.

more
    • Brisbane Festival

Brisbane Jan 30, 2016 at 5:05 PM

I was originally planning on visiting Brisbane mid-September to do the usual tourist sights. I later saw this is during the Brisbane Festival and wondered how crowded the city gets then. If there are going to be mobs of people coming to Brisbane then, I will plan on visiting after the festival is over

more
    • Living in Moree

Moree Jan 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Hello every one!
      I applied for a job in Moree, and wondering about living there:
      How is the life there? Are there the essential facilities : hospitals, transportation, what about childcare and the rental?
      And how you can rate the safety of living there? People, reputation.....etc
      Thank you

more
    • Maria81's Profile Photo

eVisitor visas

Australia Jan 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM

For those who have used them to visit Australia, what would you say is the 'normal' processing time?

Am on a UK passport (British citizen) and applied a couple of days back - have not heard anything at all.

Am thinking whether the fact that I've been naturalised as a British citizen (originally from Russia) as opposed to being born in the UK might be a bit of an issue for them...

Thanks a lot!

more
    • Great Barrier Reef

Hamilton Island Jan 6, 2016 at 1:47 PM

We are staying on Hamilton Island and have booked a day out on a pontoon to see the reef.
      What is the trip from Hamilton Island like over to the pontoon as my husband suffers from sea sickness.
      We are planning to be there from the 18th Feb and wondered what the weather would be like and how calm the sea might be.
      Thanks for any answers.

more
    • Travel itinerary help! 4 weeks stay in Sydney.

Australia Jan 15, 2016 at 9:07 AM

Hello!
      I'm a university student from UK staying in Sydney for 4 weeks in May 2016. I'll be coming to Australia for a clerkship and need help planning my trip around Australia to make the most of the experience. From what I found out from seniors in my uni who did the same thing, they got fridays off to do travelling. So, I'm thinking of using the long weekends to travel around Australia. Here's where I was thinking of going: cairns, melbourne, brisbane and exploring sydney of course. Can you suggest an itinerary for me please?
      Thank you!!!

more
    • How Expensive Is It

Perth Jan 25, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I am going to Perth in February and I want to try and ensure that I have enough money. Our hotel is paid for but we like to eat , drink and enjoy going to bars, preferably with like blues. The International Arts Festival will be on so we also want to take advantage of that. We have a budget for the two of us of 600 Australian Dollars a day. Is this too little?

more
    • A week to 10 days trip to Perth flying from Melbourne. First time to Perth for us.

Perth Jan 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Don't necessarily want to stay in the City, so would like some suggestions of a good place to stay for a couple in our early 70's, fit and healthy, not into extreme activities such as bushwalking, or water sports etc. but a beach or riverside resort would appeal. Always lovely to relax back with a wine looking at the water. Want to be able to see as much as we can of Perth and surrounds as well as some relaxation. Will hire a car for a few days as well as take advantage of public transport. So question is:

Where should we stay:
      What attractions are in that area:
      What other attractions are not too far away that we could visit either by car or public transport.
      Any other tips you may have for first timers to Perth.

Thank you
      Carol

more
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Cruises to New Zealand

Australia Jan 31, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Friends of friends were interested in doing a cruise but said the side trips to visit places in New Zealand were horrendously expensive, like several hundred dollars each. I find this hard to believe, could anyone who has done this cruise let me know what they found please.

more
    • where to obtain Outgoing Passenger Card Australia?

Australia Jan 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Dear All,

Could please anyone advises me where to obtain OUTGOING PASSENGER CARD AUSTRALIA?

To avoid hustle, if there is any possibility to get one when I enter Australia at the place I get INCOMING PASSENGER CARD AUSTRALIA??

Please help.. thank you.

more
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Suggestions for 3 week itinerary, backpacking Southeast ex Sydney?

Australia Jan 17, 2016 at 7:09 AM

Hi there!
      I just got the flight ticket to Sydney, and started researching on the itinerary of 3 week backpacking trip, thinking to go west to Adelaide and / or up to Brisbane, in late April - early May
      although I'm afraid probably it is too ambitious to cover all this area in 3 weeks and low budget costs...
      Would be great to hear your tips, suggestions, experiences about this part of Australia, to get a rough idea about main places to visit around there and in between, so to balance time wisely over this big area.
      I'll be just one person travelling, without tourist package, independently, mostly by public transport (which I understand is not as easy as I'd like), plus maybe a daytrip here or there with local travel agency, if it worths to get the most out of this time frame.
      I guess a couple of low budget flight tickets could fit in, too, some good offers may surface from time to time
      My main interests are city life, nature, hiking, photography ...
      (I'm not into night clubbing, drinking etc, mostly like sightseeing the country)
      Your suggestions guys for a low cost sensible itinerary, to connect a few nice places easily aproachable by public transport, are very very welcome!!!
      many thanks to all!
      happy travels!
      Nikos

more
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Safe area to stay in?

Sydney Jan 26, 2016 at 7:28 AM

Hey guys! My wife and I are due to visit Sydney this March and I'd like to get some advice on which area of the city is OK to stay at an AirBnB place. I've read the 'Dangers and Warnings' page and one poster wrote to avoid Surry Hills, Chippendale, Woolloomooloo and Waterloo. If that's true then where does that leave me? I'd like somewhere that's an easy walk to public transport and some reasonably priced eateries. Thanks for any replies!

more
    • train departure time

by RosE1206 Online Now Nov 22, 2015 at 8:39 PM

Could you please tell me what time the train leaves for Portland ?

2 Answers Nov 22, 2015 at 10:04 PM
    • Corio Leisure Centre at Anakie Road

by leeks621 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Which hotel, motel or serviced apartment would you suggest that is close to the Corio Leisure Centre at Anakie Road? If possible, by walking or public transport? Thanks.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2015 at 1:35 AM
    • Geelong nightclub

by rory101 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

was the Lylac nightclub in an old church building in Geelong

1 Answer Oct 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM
    • geelong for a day

by russellandjill Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM

we are coming by train to geelong for the day on weds 13 nov. Any suggestions where we can walk? is there a jump on jump off bus? interesting sites with in reasonable distance from railway station?

1 Answer Nov 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    • Travelshoe's Profile Photo

Holiday house rental

by Travelshoe Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Hi All
      Heading to Geelong with 2 adults and 4 kids, can anyone recommend a good House, that we can rent from 6th Dec - 27th Dec, looking at something around AU80 per night, if possible.
      Thank you

3 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 4:24 AM
    • RebeccaS16's Profile Photo

dogs

by RebeccaS16 Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM

looking for places that allow pets for 1 night stay

1 Answer Apr 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    • How do I get to Mornington Peninsula from Geelong if i am driving?

by benboh Online Now Dec 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Hi! I am thinking of renting a car from Melbourne Avalon airport and I will be driving to Geelong. After Geelong, we would like to visit Mornington but we are not sure how to get there. I have done some research and most sites suggest that I drive down to Queenscliff and take the ferry to Mornington Peninsula. Is that the way to go? And how long would that roughly take? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

3 Answers Dec 30, 2008 at 6:25 AM
    • wedding gift

by magc Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Does anyone know of a good department store where we could buy gift tokens for some relations who are getting married in July ? Maggie Childs Newcastle on Tyne UK

6 Answers Jul 8, 2008 at 1:53 PM
    • Sanity Geelong

by cyberhill Online Now Feb 24, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Didn't this shop close down and get replaced by a clothes shop?

1 Answer May 2, 2007 at 4:26 AM
    • Geelong Zoo

by javalo49 Online Now Aug 8, 2006 at 3:57 AM

I want to know the Geelong Zoo address.

Thanks,

2 Answers Aug 9, 2006 at 1:42 AM
    • Accomodations in Ocean Grove,near Geelong

by sanfrid Online Now Oct 30, 2005 at 6:22 AM

Hi! We are a retired Swedish couple going to spend X-mas/New Year with our daughter and family. They rent a rather small house in Ocean Grove and we are looking for somebody who might have an extra bedroom to rent for us? Or know some BB? "House-sitting" would also be ok. Thanks!

Inger Dahlin

3 Answers Oct 31, 2005 at 9:49 AM
    • LuckyMr666's Profile Photo

I'm looking for a female travelpartner.

by LuckyMr666 Online Now Aug 15, 2003 at 1:26 PM

I'm a swedish guy looking for a female travelpartner from Australia or just Australian living elsewhere.(Europe) Would this be you?? I'm a normal guy looking for adventures and I love to be around the globe. I have been to Aussi and I just loved it. I don't know but maybe you love the snow in scandinavia. Come and see me then and maybe we can do a trip together. Write to me for more info. I tell you more about myself and you about yourself. My hobbies are: tennis, skiing,camping,gemstones,beaches,the gym,reading,adventures,mining for gemstones,music but not ABBA. Cheers from peter.

1 Answer Jun 11, 2004 at 7:34 AM
    • LuckyMr666's Profile Photo

I'm looking for a female travelpartner.

by LuckyMr666 Online Now Aug 15, 2003 at 1:24 PM

I'm a swedish guy looking for a female travelpartner from Australia or just Australian living elsewhere.(Europe) Would this be you?? I'm a normal guy looking for adventures and I love to be around the globe. I have been to Aussi and I just loved it. I don't know but maybe you love the snow in scandinavia. Come and see me then and maybe we can do a trip together. Write to me for more info. I tell you more about myself and you about yourself. My hobbies are: tennis, skiing,camping,gemstones,beaches,the gym,reading,adventures,mining for gemstones,music but not ABBA. Cheers from peter.

• Last minute get together

by Billy_26 Online Now Feb 26, 2003 at 5:41 PM

Anyone who is in the Geelong area on Sunday 2 March at around 12 noon why not meet up for a coffee/lunch along the waterfront? Give me tinkle if your in the area.

3 Answers Oct 16, 2005 at 4:04 PM
    • Last minute get together

by Billy_26 Online Now Feb 26, 2003 at 5:41 PM

Anyone who is in the Geelong area on Sunday 2 March at around 12 noon why not meet up for a coffee/lunch along the waterfront? Give me tinkle if youre in the area.