change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Susanrw's Profile Photo

Weather in the Fall?

Siedlce 3 hours ago

I will be in Siedlce in September or October. Is the weather significantly different? What should I expect for the weather?

more
    • Lake next to Krakow?

Krakow 16 hours ago

Hi
      I read about a lake next to Krakow city, which is ideal for swimming, spend some time on a short walk and be lazy half the day. But I canĀ“t remember the name!
      We will visit Krakow in June and would be also very thankful for hints what to do/see/visit with a young child (2 years)!
      THX

more
    • Any restaurant open on Subdat in Krakow and do we need reservations

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Any restraunts open this Saturday and Subday and are reservations beeded

more
    • Attractions is Siedlce?

Siedlce Mar 16, 2014 at 11:49 PM

What can you see in Siedlce?

more
    • Travel in Pomerania

Poland Apr 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I will be travelling throughout Pomerania this August-September. I want to travel by car throughout the countryside. I do not want to go from hotel to hotel. Would it be easier with a car to have Gdansk as a home base or a smaller city somewhat close Gdansk? And what smaller city around there is nice to stay in? Any help would be appreciated.
      Monica

more
    • May 3 constitution day

Wroclaw Mar 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Wroclaw during Consitution Day. What happens that day that would be of interest to a tourist?

Dgf95831

more
    • aramil29's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Warsaw

Warsaw Mar 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Hi there!

Could you please recommend to me a couple of nice restaurants in Warsaw, and some local food to try?

Thank you in advance
      Antonio

more
    • Restaurants

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Does anyone know if any restaurants will be open the 18th, 19th and 20th in Krakow Poland. We didn't relize it was a German holiday.

more
    • Places to see in Szczecin

Szczecin Apr 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Which is the best place to go in Szczecin after 6pm?

more
    • public bus to Jodlowka from Rzezawa

Rzeszow Mar 19, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Can I get to Jodlowka (approximately 3 km east of Rzezawa )by public transportation?

more
    • Apple Store

Poland Mar 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Is there an official Apple store in Warsaw or Krakow? If so, what is its address? Thanks.

more
    • public bus to Jodlowka from Caracow

Jodlowka Mar 19, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I would like to travel by public transportation from Cracow to Jodlowka in the region of Rzezawa(Gmina) approximately 3 km east of Rzezawa. Can anyone tell me where I might get a public bus to make this trip. This is the twon where my great grandparents lived in the late 1800's.

Many thanks

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

train travel from Warsaw to Krakow

Warsaw Yesterday

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take to the train from Warsaw to Krakow on September 14, 2014. I am wondering if there is such a train for that day. If so, how long is the train ride? I am meeting a friend in Krakow, who is coming in from the U.K., so I do need to be in Krakow on September 14. So would it be advisable to purchase the train ticket the day before the train journey or should I purchase the train ticket on-line before I leave the U.S.?

Thank you

more

Near Gdansk

• What to do with New Year's Eve in Gdansk( or Trojmiasto) 2013->2014

by Peame Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I'm looking for some party or club to go to with New Year's Eve. The group that i'm going with is between 18 and 21 years old. We found the NYE Event from AEGEE students club, but it turns out you can't apply for that anymore. Are there things similiar to that ? Budget is max. 200 Zloty per person.

1 Answer Dec 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Can you climb the St. Mary's Church Tower?

by briantravelman Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM

My grama's neighbor asked me if I had climbed it, and I didn't realise you could. How do you about doing that?

4 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    • HOSTEL IN GDANSK

by Polenreiziger Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Is Hostel Zappio in Gdansk a good place to stay if you want to come to Gdansk

2 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Does anyone know what day "The Amazing Race" was here?

by briantravelman Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I was in Gdansk for 3 months, and visited the main city frequently. I can't believe I didn't see them. I want to know what day they were there.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    • study in Gdansk

by renukanarayan Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I am from India and thinking to study in university of Gdansk ...i just want to know about the people over there and safety ..someone please tell me regarding the city

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    • study in Gdansk

by renukanarayan Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I am from India and thinking to study in university of Gdansk ...i just want to know about the people over there and safety ..someone please tell me regarding the city

• study in Gdansk

by renukanarayan Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I am from India and thinking to study in university of Gdansk..i just want to know about the people over there and safety..someone please tell me regarding the city.

• study in Gdansk

by renukanarayan Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I am from India and thinking to study in university of Gdansk..i just want to know about the people over there and safety..someone please tell me regarding the city.

• photography, print and posters shops + second hand/ antique shops

by stinepine Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Hi! I'm going to Gdansk soon and would love to find some local posters or prints. or even photography / drawings. Second hand / antique shops is also of interest.where should I go?

// Stine - Norway

1 Answer Dec 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    • Train Timetable Gdansk - Gdynia

by marinoentierra Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

hello,

can anyone send me a link for the Train's Timetable from Gdansk to Gdynia and viceversa?

Thanks for your help

M Angel

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • How convenient to travel by bus from Gdansk to Warsaw?

by celestian_koum Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I have a plan to travel from Gdansk to Warsaw by bus. anyone can advice based on his/her experience about the journey, nearby station pick & drop etc.

Thanks in advance for your support.
      Celestian

12 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    • geordiebutcher's Profile Photo

Question title

by geordiebutcher Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I will be in Gdansk for a week in August. Is there any organised sea fishing trips and if there are, how expensive are thay?
      thanks John.(Geordie Butcher)

7 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    • Airport transfer

by doodlebug007 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonably priced company to collect us at gdansk airport and take us to our hotel that we can precook?

2 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    • stiepelarne's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

by stiepelarne Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Hy
      where is a good place to celebrate New Years Eve in Gdansk?
      We heard about great clubs in Sopot.
      We are a mid-30 year old couple, so we like party dance music in a casual way, but not in a place where only 18-20 year old people hanging around ;-)
      Thanks for answer!

• Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

Thursday Nights in Gdansk

by Kevin_Miller Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Hi World, I'm in Gdansk this Thursday. Can anyone tell me a good place to party? On the net I've seen places like Parlament, Yesterday and Piano Club Barbados but are there any others?

Thanks in advance.

K_Miller

1 Answer Jul 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
    • Arriving at Gdansk Airport late night 6th June

by JamesC87 Online Now May 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I arrive at Gdansk Airport late night (1a.m.) on 6th June. I would like to know; is it possible to get transport to Cassubia Hotel in Hel from there at that time? How much would it cost?

5 Answers Jun 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    • janegriffiths's Profile Photo

a special dinner

by janegriffiths Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 4:19 AM

We are going to be in Gdansk for three days, arriving late Wednesday evening 7th March and leaving on Saturday afternoon 10th March. Friday 9th March is a birthday for one of us (we are a middle-aged couple) - where would be a nice place to have dinner?

1 Answer Mar 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    • transport from gdansk airport

by tommyred Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 2:32 PM

hi we are coming to gdansk airport on 9-june 2012 and want to know can we get a taxi for 7 people from the airport to torun,we land about 7pmand no trains until almost 11pm from gdansk and how much would it be,thank you,tommy

2 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    • Lisayoung's Profile Photo

Gdansk Airport security

by Lisayoung Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Hello,
      We are traveling to Gdansk in June, 2012 for the European Cup. We are lying out on a very early flight (6:00) and we are wondering how early we should arrive at the airport. Wizz Air requires you to check in no later than 40 minutes before the flight, but I am not sure how long security will take. We will be in Gdansk for 3 days so any suggestions of restaurants, sights, are really appreciated. Thanks.

5 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    • Gdansk - Bialystok Ferry

by Adam616 Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I will be traveling to Gdansk in May 2012. I do however have a question regarding the Gdansk - Bialystok ferry. From what I gather, it appears it only runs on Saturday's, and with my schedule it will be difficult to get to... However, they do mention the possibility of having a ferry during the week. Does anyone have any information regarding the mid-week cruise? I have attempted to contact them, but they appear closed for the winter.

Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    • infinity-syndrome's Profile Photo

Buying tickets to Gdansk

by infinity-syndrome Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Hello,

I am going to travel from Warsaw to Gdansk in November. I wanted to buy online tickets in advance here pksbilety.pl/search/routeinf...
      But when getting to the payment step I was asked to enter a Pesel number which obviously I don't have.
      So in this case the question is - will I be able to buy these tickets one day before the trip in a ticket office (when I am already in Poland)?

5 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    • durenkamp's Profile Photo

Place to stay/meeting people

by durenkamp Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

From the 4th of september till the 18th of September I am travelling trhough Poland by train.

I am looking for people to meet and hang out with and who maybe can offer me a place for the night.

My travelling schedule is:

Lodz Sunday, September 4 Arrive from Dortmund
      Monday, September 5
      Tuesday, September 6

Krakov Wednesday, September 7 Arrive by train
      Thursday, September 8

Warsaw Friday, september 9 Arrive by train
      Saterday, September 10

Gdansk Sunday, September 11 Arrive by train
      Monday, September 12

Poznan Tuesday, September 13 Arrive by train

Wroclaw Wednesday, September 14 Arrive by train
      Thursday, September 15

Lodz, Friday, September 16 Arrive by train
      Saterday, September 17
      Sunday, September 18 Leave to dortmund

Hope to hear from you,

Bye,

Robert, 41 year old mail from the Netherlands

1 Answer Jan 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    • Walkingfrom the Ferry harbout to the station

by Mariecrisp Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi!

My ferry arrives in Gdansk 13.00 on a sunday and Iwonder how longwould it take to walk to the man train station. I am thinking of getting a train ticket to Szcsecin at 14.00 and don't know if I can make it.
      Thankws and appreciate your infomation

2 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    • Gdansk & surroundings.

by sergiosergio123 Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Hi! I'm gonna stay for 4 days in Gdansk and I'm not sure if it's too much time to be in this city. So, i would like to know if there's something worth to see around Gdansk for 1 day-trip by public transportation (just for not to get stuck in Gdansk).

thanks.

7 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Gdansk or Wroclaw

by schmechi Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM

I am planning to visit Poland during the UEFA Euro 2012 and Warsaw seems to be a must-see (and also a necessity due to flight connections), but I wonder, which second host city I should visit...

I did some online research and Gdansk as well as Wroclaw are offering a lot. Which of these cities you'd recommend? I've to add, that I am also intrested in "classical" sights (like buildings and monuments) and in history... Additionally party matters, but I suppose, that during the EURO there won't be huge differences between the host cities...

1 Answer Jan 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    • In Gdansk btw Christmas and New Year - opening times? Activities?

by Elseliina Online Now Dec 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Hello,
      I wonder if shops and shopping malls are open btw 26th Dec and 1st Jan. I'll stay in Gdansk for that time and like to shop in Old City and in the biggest malls. I know Poland is Catholic country and possible they are having holidays...

Any tips for visit during those days?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    • karlskrona to poland

by jayakeerthi.m Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 5:05 AM

can you please assist me how i can plan to poland trip from karlskrona ..
      and please assist me what will be the expences

3 Answers Oct 16, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    • FHO's Profile Photo

From the Airport. Bus and/or Taxi

by FHO Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Hi there!
      I tried to check out the web page given by some of the VT members but it seems to be expired.
      Can someone writ me please how often do the buses run from the Airport to the city center and what is the numer of the local bus and ho much it costs?
      We arrive today at 21:40, So I estimate we need a bus around 22:00

Alternatevely what is the taxi fare to the city center?

We are 3 people: does it make sence to get the taxi., or it is still cheaper by the public bus?

4 Answers Sep 10, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    • Gdansk - Lost Passport

by spyder_rock Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Hi,

Today - Friday, Sept 3, 2010:

I am trying to get helpfull information on where one might go to see if someone might have turned in a lost passport in the Tourist Section of town.

Does the Gdansk bus company have an office somewhere?
      What police Station would we contact?

We will try the tourist office tomorrow for tips.

Thank You Very Much
      Spyder

1 Answer Sep 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM
    • bartw's Profile Photo

renting apartment in Gdansk

by bartw Online Now Aug 29, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Hi all,

I would like to rent an apartment for our 4d/3n stay at Gdansk end of September. The website on which I would like to book is www.all-gdansk-apartments.eu.

Would anybody on VT have experience with them ? Or would you have another suggestion ?

Thanks a lot,
      Bart W.