Gdansk Travel Answers

change location

From Bus station to Polferries

by Koshka_ru Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Hi!
My mom is coming by bus to Gdansk Bus station (I assume, that´s the one called PKS, please,, correct me if I´m wrong) and needs to get to Ferry-terminal Polferries to get a boat to Sweden (Nynäshamn). She doesn´t speak any Polish or English, so I´m trying to find the information how she can get there in advance. It should be som easy way to get between those two points, som bus or tram perhaps. Otherwise she´ll get a taxi, but then I would also appreciate if someone can say how that ferry-terminal is called in Polish.
Thanks in advance for any help!
/Koshka_ru

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Re: From Bus station to Polferries

by Jesperp Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Hi!
    Go to Polferries web page in Polish: polferries.pl/kontakt/punkty...

Here you can see at Gdansk Ferry Terminal called Baza Promowa Polferries in Polish

TERMINALE W POLSCE = Terminals in Poland.
    Regards Jesper

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: From Bus station to Polferries

by henrykkanada Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 3:07 PM

polferries.pl/en/info/dojazd...
    This is a map showing the ferry terminal location. It is about 5 km north of the PKS bus terminal (next to main train station). The easiest way between is with a taxi, particularly with luggage.
    Terminal promowy Polferries
    ul. Przemyslowa 1, 80-542 Gdansk
    tel. +48 58 34 31 887; 34 36 978
    or tel. +48 58 73 76 978
    fax +48 58 34 36 574, 73 76 574
    e-mail: pax.gdansk@polferries.pl
    Tram connections require 10 min walk to tram stop outside train station, tram 2, 3 or 8 to Mickiewicza, change to tram 5, exit at Krasickiego, and 1 km walk to ferry terminal, about one hour.

• Re: From Bus station to Polferries

by Koshka_ru Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Thanks a lot for your answers! It seems to be much easier to get there by taxi. Any idea how much it might cost? (Just an approximnate price to know that they don´t charge double or triple:-))

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Gdansk