Gaza Strip Travel Answers

change location
senamian's Profile Photo

Going to Gaza

by senamian Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Hi... I have someone in Gaza, well, who will have to return to Gaza within the time period of 3-4 years after college, and I am wondering how I would be able to make it into Gaza. Even if not known what the future will have as in laws, what is the chance do you think? And what would I be needing to look forward to, during the process of actually making it into Gaza? I want to go to Gaza, nowhere else. I am Canadian, going there for personal reasons (the man I am with).

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Gaza

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Things may change within 3/4 years so any advice given now could be out of date by then.
    Your friend may be the best person to advise you and keep you updated - presumably his family is in contact with him?
    Nearer the time you could perhaps contact your own Canadian Foreign Office ( or equivalent - sorry I have forgoen the proper description) and get information about Visas, travel and immigration matters.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • george5b's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Gaza

by george5b Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM

There are two ways into Gaza:
    1) Via Egypt (Rafah crossing). This is usually the only crossing that people with a Palestinian ID number may use to enter the Gaza strip. So if your boyfriend/husband has one he may be required to use it, regardless of the fact that he may have Canadian citizenship.
    Very often the Rafah crossing is closed for long periods of time and once you enter it may be weeks or months before you can leave again.
    2) Via Israel/Erez crossing. Using this crossing requires special permission by the Israeli government. This is almost never given except to bona-fide aid workers, journalists and diplomats.

• Re: Going to Gaza

by ramot418 Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 1:30 AM

No tourists are currently allowed into Gaza. Your status, as described above, indicates you are officially a tourist. Therefore, as of now, there is no chance of you entering Gaza. What will be in 3-4 years.......no one can say.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gaza Strip Travel Answer Locations