Gaza Strip Travel Answers

change location
AhlamAmal's Profile Photo

Going To Gaza

by AhlamAmal Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Salam W Alaikum
Peace be unto you

I wish to know of any way to enter the Gaza Strip/West Bank coming from the United States.
Whether it is with a humanitarian convoy or otherwise - any way AT ALL.
I have two citizenships (American & Lebanese) and I was born in the USA
So what should I know before attempting to travel to PALESTINE

Anyone with tips who has been before please contact me as soon as possible

I am planning to go alone but will be willing to go with Humanitarian convoys

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • gilabrand's Profile Photo

Re: Going To Gaza

by gilabrand Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Salaam to you. You cannot travel to Palestine because it doesn't exist. The only way to get to Gaza is by flying to Israel (unless you have friends in Egypt who can smuggle you in via the tunnels).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Going To Gaza

by ramot418 Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 2:29 PM

The only possible way into Gaza is as a volunteer with an NGO working there - and even that is not certain. And, as Gila said, only via Israel as Gaza-Egypt border crossing is for Gazans only - when it is open (which isn't very often).

There is no problem going to the West Bank as a tourist- again only via Israel (or at least via Israel passport control, if crossing from Jordan directly to the WB at the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge).

• Re: Going To Gaza

by Allegrafausto Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 1:54 AM

First, you're not going to Gaza without a special permit which is delivered only to people who are going for a professional reason, such as aid workers. There are no "humanitarian convoys" ready to take people who are not real aid workers. Getting a permit takes several weeks and you need to be backed by a professionnal aid agency.

For the West Bank, you can go almost freely once you've entered Israel. But be aware that you may be refused entrance into Israel due to your Lebanese origin, even if you have an American passport. Border guards are trained to recognize names of Arabic origin. They may refuse to let you enter if the goal of your trip is not clear, or may grant you only a 3-day visa to visit Jerusalem for instance.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gaza Strip Travel Answer Locations