Gaza Strip Travel Answers

change location

Entering Erez

by zeinalhayat Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 12:39 PM

I also wish to enter Gaza but I am a Canadian and not of Palestinian descent but my three year old son has grandparents there. Can some one give me some concrete advice abut crossing Erez? Is it possible to apply for entry in advance or do you have to gamble at the checkpoint and hope they give you permission?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Entering Erez

by ramot418 Online Now Mar 10, 2007 at 11:26 PM

A tourist cannot cross into Gaza at the present time. As far as I know, only diplomats and foreign NGO staff can cross. You may be allowed in to visit family, but I'm sure this has to be arranged in advance with the Israeli authorities. Your best source of information would be the closest Israel consulate (Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto if you are in Canada).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • malashen's Profile Photo

Re: Entering Erez

by malashen Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Well, I went there 4 years ago (see my Gaza page), and I cannot tell you what the situtation is now exactly. Try to get in touch with GUSH SHALOM peace group, who has contacts there among the peace activists and foreign NGOs, so that they send you an invitation.

• Re: Entering Erez

by Allegraf Online Now Jul 27, 2009 at 8:02 AM

There's no way you can cross Erez. Your best bet is to go through Rafah, but usually people need connections - meaning they need to be backed by someone who is able to convince the Palestinian authority to ask the Egyptians to let you enter through Rafah.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gaza Strip Travel Answer Locations