Gaza Strip Travel Answers

change location

American-Born Citizen trying to get into Gaza to see family friends

by queennoor Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 8:30 PM

Hi,

Can anyone give me some information on how to enter Gaza? I know I have to enter from Israel via Erez. But do I need a special permit? Also, is it better to try to enter alone as a 22 year old female (American Born), or with my mother who was born in Palestine, but is an American citizen (we both have American Passports)? What's the best way to get in? Tell the border control officers that I am visiting family/friends, which is what I want to do...or should I say that I want to meet with a doctor to volunteer because I am premed (I do have connections with a Gazan doctor). Any information or direction would help, thanks =)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: RE: American-Born Citizen trying to get into Gaza to see family friends

by queennoor Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 9:54 AM

Thanks for responding to my question. I am going to try and contact the U.S. Dept. of State and see what they say, that is if I can get a hold of them. I wonder though if Rafah is open to U.S. citizens to enter Gaza?? Who knows....bye bye =)

Peace

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • unaS's Profile Photo

RE: American-Born Citizen trying to get into Gaza to see family friends

by unaS Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Do you listen to the news? It is not a good dtime to visit Gaza.

• Re: American-Born Citizen trying to get into Gaza to see family friends

by Catw Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 5:22 AM

There is zero possibility for you to enter Gaza.

• Re: American-Born Citizen trying to get into Gaza to see family friends

by Allegraf Online Now Jul 27, 2009 at 7:59 AM

There is zero possibility for you to enter Gaza through Erez. You might even not be allowed into Israel at all. As an American of Palestinian origin, your only solution is to enter through Rafah, but for this you need connections - meaning you need to know powerful Palestinians living in Gaza and belonging to very good families who have excellent relationships with the Palestinian Autority and therefore Egypt. You can ask your Embassy for support in crossing through Rafah but I doubt they'll help.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gaza Strip Travel Answer Locations