Gaza Strip Travel Answers

change location

visit to Gaza Strip!

by max1111 Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 3:33 AM

Hi, I need to go to Gaza next week. Can someone tell me what is the best way to get there? Some people say to fly to Tel Aviv and take a taxi to Gaza but I was told that foreigners are not allowed to cross (Eraz?) into Gaza! Others tell me it is safer to fly to Egypt and cross the border into Gaza! I know that the situation is very unstable in Gaza right now but my company insisted that I go!! Please let me know what you think or give me any other suggestions you may have. Thank you very much. Max

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • malashen's Profile Photo

RE: visit to Gaza Strip!

by malashen Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 2:46 PM

I don't know about crossing from Egypt (as far as understand from the news, the border in southern Gaza Strip is controlled now jointly by the Egyptians, Israelis and the Palestinians at Kerem Shalom, till the old terminal at Rafah is beck in operation), but if you want to cross from Israel, you can cross only via Erez in the north, and for that you will need to obtain permission from the Israeli military. Try to get a letter from your embassy or diplomatic mission that would help!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: visit to Gaza Strip!

by Mohannad.hatab Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hello, I am from Palestine, Gaza and I may give you some information about Gaza

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gaza Strip Travel Answer Locations