Gaza Travel Answers

change location
luxorlight's Profile Photo

Egypt into Gaza

by luxorlight Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Is it possible for an Australian to get a visa into Gaza border entry from Egypt and back again?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • luxorlight's Profile Photo

Re: Egypt into Gaza

by luxorlight Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I also need to know if my passport is already stamped with Israel is it possible to enter and then if I am stamped with Gaza am I able to return to Israel/Jerusalem in the future?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

No. Getting into Gaza as a foreigner requires a lot of string pulled from people of "importance", not for independent travellers.

• luxorlight's Profile Photo

by luxorlight Online Now Dec 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Thanks for that. Thought it was worth a try, I have an Egyptian friend going in and was asked to go as their companion. Never mind, I don't want to risk not being able to go back to Jerusalem anyway.

• Re: Egypt into Gaza

by milliegirl Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Ok, so I am not a diplomat, or part of an organization and I entered the Gaza Strip. It took 6 months to get permission, I would definitely try. I went directly to my Egyptian Consulate in London, and it took a lot of time but I got there in the end. At Rafah border, you may have to wait a while. I was told I could not enter but after a five hour wait and a bit of a fight, it happened and I went through. I went for "tourist" reasons, and I had to provide the consulate with the address at which I would be staying.
    I have no idea about the Israel stamps, I would suggest asking your Egyptian consulate. The only way you aare able to get there is through Egypt, I know someone Brtiish who was deported from Israel because she wanted to enter Gaza through Erez.
    Hope this helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Gaza