change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Tropea / Reggio Calabria to Stromboli / Volcano

Tropea Apr 19, 2015 at 3:24 AM

Hi,
      we will be in Zambrone since 15/06 till 20/06.

Do You think there will be a chance to hike near the volcano of Stromboli in this timing?
      I read that the ferries are starting since 20/06. Maybe some small agency can offer this trip....?

But I am not interessted in one of those mentioned trips, where You can just visit the Stromboli for 1 hour and use it for shopping or something and then You can see the island just from the boat. We would like to have a hiking trip to see it really from the top.

We will have a car, so we can depart from both areas, Tropea or Reggio Calabria.

If there will be a combination let's say with Volcano island, it would be completely perfect. But this would not be probably possible to combine during one day.

Thanks in advance for Your advices and recommendations or experiences.

S.

more
    • Best bars in Navigli for a hen weekend

Milan Apr 13, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi. we arrive in Navigli District at the end of May. We are a group of 13 mixed aged women (21years - 58years!) We are looking for the best bars to go to for good drinks and music. Are there any cocktail bars? or any bar recommendations out there?
      Thanks

more
    • AREA to stay in Elba

Isola d' Elba Apr 9, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Travelling to Elba with my Mum and Dad at the end of May, beginning of June.

Due to the Bus time tables from Florence, we would be on Elba for 4nights.

Ideally like to pick 1 hotel for the 4nights, and do day trips from that base.

Tried to research the best area to stay in Elba, with no luck. Suggestions seem to be;

Marina di Campo/ Porto Azzuro/ Cavoli.

Obviously I need to narrow it down to 1.
      They are both 50yrs old, we would like to see all of the 'touristy' things that Elba has to offer, and also a couple of walks, and a beach.

So in short, best AREA to stay in Elba.

Thanks

more
    • Vintage Door Knocker

Florence 4 hours ago

My husband and I recently visited Florence, Italy. He fell in love with the door knockers. Our anniversary is coming up and I would like to surprise him with an authentic Italian door knocker. Any ideas on where I can buy one? Thanks!

more
    • travelling

Positano Yesterday

Hi can anyone help with instructions to get from positano to La Spezia ,chique terra . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

Ferry from Milazzo to Lipari

Sicilia May 3, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Is there any reason to prebook the passenger ferry from Milazzo to Lipari the first week in June?

thanks

more
    • Hotel in South Tirol

Italy Apr 27, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Hello guys,

my friend and me we are planing to make holiday in south tirol this summer. On the website (www.belvita.it/en) we found a lot of great wellness hotels. Do you can maybe recommend a few great hotels in this region?

Thank you in advance

Best wishes Michi

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

Pavia Apr 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Could you suggest a nice bed and breakfast or a budget hotel not far from the town center?

Thanks!

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

Varenna, Menaggio

Como Apr 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM

spending 3 days in Bellagio. plan to visit both villages. which would you spend more time and have lunch? recommendations for lunch? thanks

more
    • Safe location for one night

Genoa Apr 17, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Hi, I have read Genoa can be dicey at night. We are staying just one night before getting train to Levanto.
      We love eating out in authentic restaurants, so, looking for safe accommodation near good (authentic/local) restaurants

Thanks

more
    • suggest a Hotel plzzzz

Cappadocia Apr 14, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Need to find a decent Cave Hotel / guestroom at Cappaducia, which must have private bath, may be jacuzzi, pool etc and must be located Goreme please. I LL be staying from 3-5 may with my wife n kid... My budget is around 40-50 USD per night, plz

more
    • Giuseppe Zanotti shoes

Florence Apr 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hello, I was wondering if Giuseppe Zanotti's store at The Factory Outlet is any good and how much are the discounts usually. Is it worth going?
      Thanks!

more
    • Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Safe Caserta?

Caserta Apr 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Is Caserta a place you can bike around? It seems people say it is not that nice so I am wondering if I made a mistake to book there three nights. I am going to go to see Bocelli.

more
    • transportation to popular sights

Conca dei Marini Apr 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM

I will be traveling with my family (6 adults and 5 children)....we will be staying in Conca dei Marini - Italy.....please make recommendations for traveling with a large group....we want to go to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Capri, Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi....interested in pizza, mozzarella, gelato making, for kids and Cantina del Vesuvio winery, and lemoncello tour for adults...... please suggest private tours for our large party since I have only been finding cars up to 8 passengers,,,,also maybe private charter to capri....any suggestions appreciated.....thank you.

more
    • Livorno to Cinque Terre

Livorno Yesterday

Our cruise was originally supposed to stop in LaSpezia, but they changed the itinerary to Livorno. We had our hearts set on going to Cinque Terre from LaSpezia. I know that Livorno is quite a bit further away, but we are in port from 7 am to 7 pm. Would taking the train up be a possibility?

more
    • Public Transport

Sorrento Yesterday

Staying at St Agnello - would like to visit Positanio - Leics has said that public buses can get packed - will they be packed this week

Thinking of visiting Capri - don't like small boats so what are the options of taking a large regular ferry boat -and then getting the furnicular to Capri town - are these liable to be full this week

All answers gratefully received. Many thanx

more
    • JessSmyth's Profile Photo

Mugello Race

Barberino di Mugello Yesterday

Hello, VT Nation:

I've traveled to all of the MotoGP races in America and am now trying to gauge distances from Europe's MotoGP circuits to each town's epicenter (hotels, restaurants, motorbike shops, bars, clubs, etc.).

For Mugello, is there just one little town outside of the track? And if so, how far is it and is it very exciting? If the track holds 50,000 people, I imagine all of those Rossi enthusiasts need to eat and sleep somewhere close by.

Any help you could provide would be most helpful.

Cheers!
      JS

more
    • Altekaka's Profile Photo

San Silvestro vaporetto station

Venice Apr 28, 2015 at 4:58 AM

I am staying near the San Silvestro vaporetto stop in a few weeks. The station was temporarily closed for some work in November "for 5 months" but I have not seen any additional information. Does anyone know if the station has re-opened, or a firm date for the reopening?

more
    • Best way to go from Bari airport to the Cruise Terminal in the Port of Bari and return.

Bari Apr 28, 2015 at 1:20 AM

Hello, I'll take a cruise by Costa Cruises. I would like to know the best way to go from Bari airport to the Cruise Terminal in the Port of Bari. And the Cruise Terminal at the Port to the airport. Taxi is very expensive.
      Thanks.

more
    • renting an apartment

Milan Apr 27, 2015 at 5:52 AM

My husband and I will be moving to Milan 1st June as my husband has a minimum 6 month working contract and we are looking to rent a decent fully furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in the centre of Milan.
      Has anyone got 1 to offer or can advise best place to look.

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Day trips.

Ascoli Piceno Apr 27, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Could you suggest some good day trips from Ascoli Piceno? I won't rent a car or a bike.

Thanks!!!

more
    • Map of Bus routes in Assisi?

Assisi Apr 25, 2015 at 7:20 AM

I will be staying in Casa Papa Giovanni for 2 nights. Does a bus route have a stop nearby?

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Train from Sorrento to Lucca.

Sorrento Apr 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM

The wife and I will be spending 5 days in Sorrento this July after a 6 week organized tour and then we wish to enjoy 4 days around Lucca.Any advice on how to get to Lucca by train would be appreciated.Do you think we are wise going to Lucca for such a short period after completing our organized tour .We fly home from Rome after this visit to Lucca.Thanking you from 2 Aussies.

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

Driving itineraries in the Bolzano region

Bolzano Apr 23, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Hello everybody,
      In the beginning of July we will spend two or maybe three days near Bolzano.
      Because of health problems we cannot go on hikes. We can only go in a car or make very short walking trips.
      Could someone suggest one-day itineraries that would enable us to see the most beautiful places of the region?
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • waterdrop's Profile Photo

bus to the Lardarina

Corniglia Apr 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM

is there a bus that runs to & from the Lardarina in Corniglia?

more