change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Gauteng Travel Answer Locations

• tourism as a significance

Pretoria Apr 21, 2015 at 6:01 AM

can you mention the significance of the Voortrekker Monument as a tourism destination?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • cochinjew's Profile Photo

24 hours in JoBurg

Johannesburg Mar 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Arriving on 28 May at 7 10 am on an International flight (from Europe) and then leaving on 29th May to Asia. Would appreciate any help regarding such a short stay in JNB. Of course one hears about the crime etc in RSA. Stay near the airport? take the Gauteng Train to Sandton? or fly off to CPT where I have friends? Muito Obrigado.

7 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    • best area to stay

Johannesburg Dec 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Hi, we will be visiting JNB in late January or early February 2015 for about five days. We are looking at hotels in the Sandton area - is this a good/ best ? area to stay in ? We expect to do some sightseeing and want to know what are the best things to see for first time visitors as well. Also what is the best/ reasonable price transportation from JNB to the Sandton hotel area ? Willing to take train or taxi. Thanks. Judy (from New York).

4 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • Bhoomi's Profile Photo

Where to stop over from suncity to Cape Town

Johannesburg Nov 11, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Hi, we r a group of 4 traveling from Sun city to Cape Town. I wanted to know where to stop over and sleep the night off! Where is the best place?

3 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    • Adults with Autism

Johannesburg Sep 30, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Hi, we have 20 residential adults with autism that we would like to various activities over the Xmas holidays, our budget is limited, what can you suggest?
      Thanks
      Deborah

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • Deet in JoBurg?

Johannesburg Aug 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Is it necessary to pack Deet for use in Joburg?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Places from Photographs

Johannesburg Aug 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hey everybody,

I need some help. I have these pictures, but I do not recall where exactly they have been taken. I have some clues, but I want to know exactly. I will send you the links for them - would you help me?

I am grateful for every hint I can get from you.

Pic 1:

directupload.net/file/d/3702...

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

Pic 5:

Pic 6:

Pic 7:

I think they are all taken in the area of Johannesburg, but I am not sure about that. That is all I know.

Thank you for your help!

5 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • SEAFOOD RESTAURANT

Gauteng Jul 19, 2014 at 5:18 AM

WHICH IS THE BEST RESTAURANT TO EAT DELICIOUS PRAWNS IN FOURWAYS OR SANDTON AREA

2 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • DeepanKalra's Profile Photo

cab from Johannesburg Airport int'l to SUNCITY RESORT

Johannesburg Jul 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I WANT TO TAKE A CAB TO SUNCITY RESORT FROM JOHANNESBURG AIRPORT, WHAT WILL BE THE COST. IS THERE ANY PUBLIC TRANSPORT ( BUS OR TRAIN) FOR THAT

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Spending Money

Johannesburg Jul 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Am travelling to Johannesburg for three weeks. How much spending money would I need - no accommodation or car hire so purely eating out (not takeaways), souvenirs and some cloths shopping? Was thinking R20000, but really not sure? Any help would be much appreciated!

2 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • travel from Johannesburg to Pretoria

Johannesburg Jul 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

How can I travel to Pretoria from Johannesburg? and how to take a taxi

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    • Hotel & short tour JNB

Johannesburg Jul 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I will be arriving on an international flight & departing 24 hours on another international flight, arrival & departure mid-day. Do you think 2 hrs is enough for Apartheid Museum or recommend another short morning tour? Any hotel recommendations - I prefer to avoid the large, American-style chain hotels when possible.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Flying solo (female) to JNB Advice

Johannesburg Jun 21, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I'll be flying alone to meet my boyfriend who is also travelling alone (we currently live in different states and the cost to travel together was >$600). He'll be meeting me at the airport. I don't know if this matters at all but I want to give the full picture (I know of the apartheid reversal that can be present in johannesburg so..) I'm a Caucasian female and he is an African male. 

I'm really concerned reading these safety post regarding johannesburg

I'll be arriving at JNB airport ? That's what my itinerary says via Ethiopian air 

Please tell me everything I need to know 

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • transportation

Johannesburg May 31, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I would like to go by train and bus from Sandton to Newtown. What should I use? I can take the Gautrain till the city station in CBD then what should i take to Newtown? Bus or Metrorail? What is the difference between VeaRaya and metro bus?
      Thanks.

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • Tour Guides

Johannesburg May 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Can anyone recommend a reputable tour guide for a two person, two day tour of JoBurg and surrounding areas? We are from USA and will be in Joburg in late October, early November, staying at Sandton Sun Hotel. Thanks.

7 Answers May 22, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • DUTY FREE?

Johannesburg May 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hi all

I am travelling to Joburg via Frankfurt from Heathrow

Where can i pick up duty free?

Heathrow or Frankfurt?

Mark

13 Answers May 14, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • Cultural groups found in Gauteng

Johannesburg May 10, 2014 at 3:41 AM

What is one cultural group found in Gauteng and describe theie traditional clothing, practices, cuisine, folklore and important festivals or gathering?

1 Answer May 10, 2014 at 4:26 AM
    • Date Nite ideas

Johannesburg Feb 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Hey

I'm looking for a nice idea for a date night.

Something "different" and interesting. Not the normal sit down and have dinner.
      Me and my fiance like to be on the move and see as much as we can in one night.

Something that we can do from 7 to late......or any time in between.

Any ideas?

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • Transport from Centurion station to Clubview

Pretoria Jan 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

My son is traveling from JHB to Centurion on the Gautrain but there is no buses that travellers from the station to Clubview where is Tech is. Do you know of any other transport he could take even taxis.

1 Answer Sep 30, 2014 at 6:15 AM
    • Could one sleep in Park Station?

Johannesburg Jan 3, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Hello all!

I plan to catch a minibus taxi to Maseru and Mbabane, in two separate occasions, early in the morning from nearby Park Station and wonder if one could *doze off* in Park Station?

Thanks,

8 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 5:08 AM
    • How to book a bus from JNB to Acornhoek?

Johannesburg Dec 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Hi we are a family of six trying to find an easy way to either Hoedspruit or Acornhoek from Johannesburg were we will be picked up to go on Safari..... I have been told there are a possibilities with buses but unsure how to find or book them. Thank you from The Queenslanders !!

6 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Where to buy Shosholoza Meyl train ticket?

Johannesburg Dec 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Hi

I am planning a couple of train trips, namely, from Johannesburg to Bloemfontein and back (return ticket) and from Komatipoort to Johannesburg (one way) in January.

My question is where can I find their Ticket offices? I am arriving at O. R. Tambo International Airport and hope to be able to buy tickets right there. Do I need to go to Park Station after all?

My e-mail to info@shosholozameyl.co.za bounces back right away and question in its inquiry form on their website is unanswered...

Thanks,

3 Answers Oct 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • The location of Mozambique Embassy in Johannesburg and opening hours, fee and same-day processing

Johannesburg Dec 5, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Hi all,

I am planing to obtain visa to Mozambique in Johannesburg as I heard the same-day processing can be done at a reasonable cost (USD20?) and am sadly a bit confused with the opposing information as to the location of Mozambique Embassy.

18 Hurlingham Road, Sandton
      vs.
      252 Jepee Street

Which is correct?

Info for opening hours, fees and tips are much appreciated!

Thanks,

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    • Minibus to Mafikeng from Johannesburg and then over the border to Lobatse, Botswana

Johannesburg Dec 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Hi all,

My questions are as follows:
      1. I understand many minibus taxis to other cities in South Africa and the neighboring countries depart from Park Station. Is Park Station a railway station, not a bus terminal? Exactly from where would I catch minibus then?
      2. Does minibus taxi run to Mafikeng? How early should I be there? 4am? 7am? Or even 12 noon?

Thanks,

• weather in december to january in johannesburg

Johannesburg Nov 13, 2013 at 2:54 AM

i am travelling with my family and 3 year old son to johannesburg in december 2013 to january 2014, i will like to know what to expect in terms of weather, so i could pack the appropraite clothings

2 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    • what kind of dressing is prefferd in johannesburg for females

Johannesburg Nov 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM

sothat not to easily identify as foreigner /

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • safe places in johannesburg to live?

Johannesburg Nov 11, 2013 at 12:56 AM

safe places in johannesburg to live?

• Timings and cost of Underground Mining Tour and Gold Pour

Johannesburg Oct 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hi,

I am visiting Gold Reef City on 29th Dec (Sunday) and want to experience the Underground Mining Tour and Gold Pour. So, is there any particular time for the mining tour and Gold Pour? If yes, then what are they? I also want to know the duration of the tour.

As its a Sunday, should I buy tickets online or are they easily available at the counter? When checked for online tickets, it gives the date and the time as 9.30am but I am planning to visit at 12.30pm. So will the tickets be valid in that case? Can the mining tour tickets also booked online?

As I am spending only one day in Johannesburg, I dont want to mess up travelling without proper information. Any help and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    • ahmadngoma's Profile Photo

South Africa

Johannesburg Sep 27, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Hi again guys.As you might have read my previous posts,i am a young student at Rlabs,and Rlabs is originally from Cape Town.So what Rlabs did was that they opened a branch or should i say a learning institution in Johannesburg,where i am from.So my goal and ambition is to go to Cape Town to further myself in my studies.I have been given advice on where i should accommodate myself to stay.But one of the most important questions i wanted to ask,is Capetown beaches the best in South-Africa? and is Cape Towns weather unpredictable like johannesburg's weather? because one minute its hot,the next min its cold or it starts raining.So could anybody please fill me with information regarding to my questions.

13 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    • Require details about Underground Gold Mining tour in Gold reef city

Johannesburg Sep 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Hi, I would like to know if the gold pouring is a part of the Underground Mining tour in Gold Reef city.. Also, what all is showcased in the tour? It would be great if you could tell me the duration of the complete tour and how much would it cost to enter the park as well as the gold mine.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM