Travel Answers
Gatlinburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where is the exhibit that is about Jesus Christ's life?

by BirdieBlue Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Where is the exhibit that is about Jesus Christ's life?

more
    • Vacationing Advice for Gatlinburg / Smokey's

by bigbrett50 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

My 12 yr. old Boy and I are vacationing for the first time this summer (June) in the Smokey’s. We are from MO, and like to fish for catfish, bass etc. I was wondering about fishing in the area I see Douglas Lake looks good but it is so large, we are staying in Gatlinburg area how far is it to Douglas, which part of the lake do we go to driving from Gatlinburg, etc. Sorry I'm a newbie. I have actual been to the Smokey’s but it was about 20 yrs ago. :) Also any advice on fun things to do for kids and adults. Shows, go carts, etc. Good places to eat. And were not to go and waste my time and money. I know this is a lot of questions any help would really be appreciated! , Father & Son Trip!!
      Thanks!!!

more
    • Vacationing Advice for Gatlinburg / Smokey's

by bigbrett50 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

My 12 yr. old Boy and I are vacationing for the first time this summer (June) in the Smokey’s. We are from MO, and like to fish for catfish, bass etc. I was wondering about fishing in the area I see Douglas Lake looks good but it is so large, we are staying in Gatlinburg area how far is it to Douglas, which part of the lake do we go to driving from Gatlinburg, etc. Sorry I'm a newbie. I have actual been to the Smokey’s but it was about 20 yrs ago. :) Also any advice on fun things to do for kids and adults. Shows, go carts, etc. Good places to eat. And were not to go and waste my time and money. I know this is a lot of questions any help would really be appreciated! , Father & Son Trip!!
      Thanks!!!

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • Where is the exhibit that is about Jesus Christ's life?

by BirdieBlue Online Now Mar 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Where is the exhibit that is about Jesus Christ's life?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    • dancing for minors

by tripp2345 Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM

is there anywhere in gatlinburg where you can go with teenagers that you can dance

• Driving from Miami, FL

by mauri0605 Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hello I am thinking of driving from Miami to Gatlinburg the last week of the year. The route we will be taking is I95 to I26 to I40. I have never driven on mountains before and am a bit scared of the roads, snow etc. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect in the way of altitudes and curvy roads? I would appreciate it.

7 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    • mariaeliz61's Profile Photo

Gatlinburg Cabin Contract Concern:

by mariaeliz61 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 4:28 AM

After many many views, reading 100's of comments we think we have found the cabin that would fill both couples expectations for a 4 day Christmas holiday. We found it on the HomeAway.com website. We spoke with the owners and were shocked that they are expecting the full amount (over $1400.00) paid in FULL by 8 October 2012 for a 22-26 December stay.
      I have traveled all over the world, stayed in more 5 & 4 Star resorts than I can count and never and I mean never have I come across a contract that requires FULL payment, site unseen and virtually protects them from refunding us any monies if anything goes wrong from water pressure, shut off, hot tub not working/heating, etc.
      Is this something "local" to Gatlinburg? I am concerned about signing such a contract and paying in FULL. I get that a security deposit and one nights stay, but the total seems way out of line with no reassurance in return.
      Thank you in advance for your time, expert advice and any suggestions! ~M

10 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    • Where to stay next month near the strip?

by srsteck Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Looking for a place to stay in gatlinburg next month!! We would like something close enough to walk to the strip or has trolley access, indoor pool or heated pool available, kitchen or at least a fridge or microwave in room. would like a 1 bedroom option so that our baby can go to sleep and we can still watch tv in a separate living area. Hotel, condo, or cabin/chalet are all fine.

1 Answer Sep 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    • Trying to find the best place for reasonable rate in Gatlinburg Tenns

by DaisyDewBee Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Where is the most reasonable place to stay with a lot of amenity's like a hot/jetting tub in the room near Gatlinburg?

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • mountain roads

by joymg68 Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

i'm driving up from Fl next week and although I'm used to mountain roads in Penn/Ny, I do NOT like 2 lane mountain roads with NO guard rail. I'm staying in downtown Gatlinburg at Carrs Cabins...can you please tell me if my "traveling" into the city will have me driving through those conditions or is it ONLY if I decide to do Cades Coves, etc??

2 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    • pottery making

by hiflyn75 Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM

is there anywhere you can make your own pottery in the area

• How cold or warm is it?

by goshigen Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Visiting 2nd week in September from Australia, Suggestions for weather clothing in town?
      T Y.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • SSiekert's Profile Photo

Good value stay for my husband and I for just one night?

by SSiekert Online Now May 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Just hoping if anyone could recommend a nice, good value hotel / motel / B&B with a good view of the mountains. We are staying 1 night in the area on our way to Georgia this month and I want a nice but inexpensive place to rest for the night. We are in our Mid-20s and love the outdoors. Thank you!

1 Answer May 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • doctors

by papa58 Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Do you provide transportation to doctors in Gatlinburg?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    • Question title

by tinaplayer Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I will not be hiking. Should I still bring jeans?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    • lovesthemountains's Profile Photo

Lunch

by lovesthemountains Online Now Jan 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Where is a quick and good lunch place in Gatlinburg? Somewhere that we can get in and out of quick, but have a good meal? Thanks in advance!!

Little River Road

by lovesthemountains Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

We want to do the Little River stops (Laurel Falls, Metcalf Bottoms, the sinks, the y, etc)...are there any places to eat along this way? Thanks in advance!!

Hiking with Food

by lovesthemountains Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Hello, I've been reading about hiking and being aware of your food with the bears. If we pack a picnic when we go out to Cade's Cove and pack it in an ice chest (we will be in a Jeep with top off), is the ice chest good enough to keep the food sealed or should we use something else? Don't want to attract the bears to us or to our Jeep when we are hiking!! Thanks in advance!!

6 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Which Restaurant

by lovesthemountains Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Best Italian or Smokey Mountain Brewery? Thanks in advance!!!

3 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Appalacian Trail

by lovesthemountains Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Can someone please tell me about the Appalachian Trail? We are new to the GSMNP, we visited for the first time last May and will be returning this June (can't wait)!! Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

5 Answers Jan 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    • cmcarney's Profile Photo

GATLINBURG in April?

by cmcarney Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

We are thinking of a long weekend in Gatlinburg at the first of April. I knwow this has been an atypical winter (at least in Ohio), but what is the weather ussually like at this time of year there. Can we expect spring flowers/buds?

Thanks for any insight.

• ALwishing4Seclusion's Profile Photo

Primitive 1 room cabin for seclusion

by ALwishing4Seclusion Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I am a single male and am hoping to find a rough hewn rustic primitive 1 or 2 room type of cabin at affordable rate in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon forge area. I don't want a newer built home but an older cabin or shack type dwelling. Anyone know of any hidden gems. I'm there for the nature, not amenities.

Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • intsell's Profile Photo

Going on a road trip from Miami Fl ... PLease help

by intsell Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Hi every1

We are planing a trip to on this winter around middle December.

My husband bigest interest is to see snow as he has been living on tropic all his life .

By what I see Tennessee ( Gatlinburg ) doesnt get lots of snow on the winter season unless you are in higher elevations .
      I found a cabin ( bear cub) which is located on 2700 ft ( by google earth ) .
      Do you think we will have plenty snow at that elevation ?

Do you know any higher elevation cabin or any advise .... cause we are going for just 4 days we had not time to spear for a weather to change and get a snow storm....

Please any advise will be appreciate

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Gatlinburg Accommodation

by amandajayne81 Online Now Aug 31, 2011 at 2:05 AM

We are planning to finish our road trip from Texas in Gatlinburg with 4 or 5 nights in the town. We are keen to do a bit of hiking around the National Park and to also check out the other attractions I have been investigating on VT. I would like some recommendations on where to stay. We would love to have a room with a view of either a stream or mountains or something nice for when we just return to the room to relax. Budget is negotiable as if we stay somewhere really nice here we can always go cheaper elsewhere on the trip. We would be visiting in late March. We like to have a fridge/microwave so we can have some food on hand rather than eat out every meal. Any suggestions advice welcome.

4 Answers Aug 31, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    • Florida999's Profile Photo

are there ANY decent hotels/motels in Gatlinburg?

by Florida999 Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM

We might hike up Mount Leconte in July, but the lodge is full, and I know there are no nice campgrounds near where the hiking trails start, and it will be too long of a hike to drive far, so I was thinking about getting a hotel or motel for a few nights, but ALL the reviews I have seen for anything that isn't like150 and up there are just horrible.
      Any advice on a fairly decent , not too expensive hotel? Or should we do the driving and stay in Cherokee instead?

2 Answers May 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    • bradleypopeye's Profile Photo

cabin in smoky mountains

by bradleypopeye Online Now Dec 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM

has anyone stayed at a cabin called "Bluebirds Over The Smokies" we are going there in April. or does anyone have a cabin suggestion for 18 people ( 3 families)
      thank you

Steve

• Something Different

by sdhcch Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Hello! We love Gatlinburg and travel there as often as we can. However, we are getting bored with all the same old things. We have been to the aquarium, the gold places, Cades Cove, Dollywood, etc. We are wondering if anyone has any tips on some things to do that we haven't thought of. We are staying on Ski Mtn. Road on our next trip, we haven't stayed there before. How are those roads at night? Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    • Chicago to Gatlinburg...where to stop

by sj2721 Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Hi All,

We are planning a vacation trip from Chicago to Gatlinburg in the spring and we are traveling by car with my 3 young children 2,5 and 9. It will be a long ride for them so we are looking for any suggested stops along the way. We are planning a week (7 days including drive time) for our entire trip.

Momof3

1 Answer May 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    • cardwatcher's Profile Photo

Tubing in the smokies with Riverrats

by cardwatcher Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 8:19 AM

My family is going to the Mt's for my parent's 50th Anniversary. We are spending a week together and decided that we would like to tube in the mts. This is something we can participate in - different ages and skill levels - the problem is finding a place to do it. The only place I have found is "river rats" Has anyone used them? If so tell me what you thought, please.
      Thanks Cardwatcher

3 Answers May 24, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    • Quiet Good Restaurant - Gatlinburg

by tlsseymour Online Now Jan 22, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Can some one recommend a quite good food restaurant in Gatlinburg that I can take some special friends to this summer?

4 Answers Mar 7, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    • travel mug

by chunter1206 Online Now Nov 25, 2008 at 4:36 PM

My friend bought his favorite travel coffee mug in a gift shop on the top of the mountain inGatlinburg. He needs to replace it but can't find anything like it anywhere. It needs to be 24 oz or bigger, be able to fit in a cup holder in his car, has to be microwaveable and has no handle. Is there such a thing in one of your gift shops?

1 Answer May 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Who has best food in Gatlinburg, any restaurnat recommendations

by swdke Online Now Oct 13, 2008 at 7:03 AM

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Gatlinburg? I like the Park Grill, been there several times, would like to go again, but wonder if I should try some place else. How does the Cherokee Grill compair, or the Peddler? Thanks

2 Answers Jun 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM